Topic: Never Sleep Again documentary - is it worth the money?

Just yesterday I went and ordered off of Amazon the Never Sleep Again documentary of the Nightmare on Elm Street movie series. Just wondering if its worth the money that I spent on?

Re: Never Sleep Again documentary - is it worth the money?

Depends - how much was it?

I thought it was a quite good doc, far better than the Jason one. But as Fulcento says depends on how much it was. I wouldn't mind say spending a max of 15 quid on it myself.

Well I picked out a cheap copy of Never Sleep Again from amazon. Price for it was like 9.99. Then add shipping yada yada...

Just want to know if all the bonus features and the main documentary are still worth it for someone who's a big fan of the regular Nightmare on Elm Street series

^^
For that price, and for a big fan, I'd say yes.  I think you'll be happy after you finish all 8 hours of it.

Ten bucks?  That's a bargain.  I really enjoyed that doc, especially the reunion between the male and female leads from part 2, who hadn't seen each other since they finished the film.  Not for nothing but that Meryl Streep-looking chick grew up to be quite the MILF. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

Ten bucks?  That's a bargain. that Meryl Streep-looking chick grew up to be quite the MILF. big_smile

Ditto. What's her name LoudLon, too drunk and lazy to click on the no picture cast links on IMDb. lol

Freddy my top killer with Samata in the whole Horror world so yeah, enjoyed it MERY VUCH!!! No, I didn't mix up the letters, it's INTENTIONAL. Hahahahaharrr

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-05 21:38:52)

Kim Myers, I believe.  Dammit, now I have to look it up and make sure....

Damn, I'm good!  Yep, Kim Myers. lol

Yes, it is absolutely worth it.  It's a great documentary with lots of interviews and behind the scenes stuff.

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP does myself standing up and screaming. Thanks LoudLon buddy, efficient, VERY efficient and powerful you are. You deserve a medal. Which one would you like???

Oh H3LL, giving you the EVIL upside down Black & Red cross one. That should do. lol

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdcidkgsKM1qmfid9o1_500.jpg

Damn you DirtyVERYDirtyGirl, had to edit. lol
Ah well, that's what happens with a bunch of people online.
Not used to that, spend a lotta time alone in here.

Or with just a few others. AND A DAMN CRAZY BUNCH of 40 and more freaking guests. Hahaha

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-05 22:06:00)

Loved the documentary , the jason mewes cameo for the FvJ segment was hilarious. Absolutely worth it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkvp5Fpx … p;hl=en-GB

kXnPunk wrote:

Oh H3LL, giving you the EVIL upside down Black & Red cross one. That should do. lol

Hate to burst your bubble, but the inverted cross is the Cross of St. Peter (it represented Peter's belief he was not worthy of being crucified on an a upright cross).  Popes have sat before it.
Trying to use Petrine Cross for "evil" is just honoring a saint, lol.  Talk about your "Holy irony, Batman!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter

BAM!  1,000 TTs to Azzie for having a working knowledge of Catholicism. lol

So does the Never Sleep Again main documentary have any good moments or do I have to watch it and find out on my own?

There's lots of good stuff.  Tons of interviews, a tour of the original Nightmare's locations, a featurette on a bunch of people who offer hand-crafted Freddy gloves for sale on line, and a whole lot more.  The only thing I don't remember a lot of is actual on-set, behind the scenes stuff, but that was covered pretty well in the bonus disc that came with the Elm Street box set back in the late 90s (another one really worth getting your hands on).

I haven't made it all the way through it (first 3 movies I think) but I really liked what I saw.
Super interesting.

Well I got good news. I just got the 2 disc DVD of Never Sleep Again in the mail this morning. I'm so excited that I finally have the darn documentary. I just dont know what to watch first though lol.

well one    horror movie series documentary I have. 2 more to get such as the His Name was Jason and the Halloween 25 years of Terror or whatever its called.

Isnt there a Phantasm documentary coming soon or something?

Not sure about the Phantasm one, but if you get a chance to pick up The Psycho Legacy, that one's certainly worth a watch.  Also, I'm not a big F13 fan but I enjoyed His Name Was Jason.  Plus the Ultimate Friday the 13th set has a number of killer featurettes, as well.

Well I popped in the 2nd disc of Never Sleep Again and watched only the NIghtmare on Elm Street in 10 minutes and the Elm Street 2 Interviews

Cute moment where Mark Patton and that one gal reunited.

Tuesday Knight.....holy crap lol

Clu Gulager has not aged well. Yeesh

Phantasmagoria- Phantasm Documentary.

I think we can all agree it's an excellent documentary. And what some people haven't mentioned is that some of the women are still pretty hot 15-30 years later...

If you're a fan of NOES it's a must have.

LIsa Wilcox and Kim Meyer yes they're still cute 20 years later.

But Tuesday Knight? Heck no.

also any woman who stiil thinks Clu Gulager aka Jesse's dad is

urrutiap wrote:

LIsa Wilcox and Kim Meyer yes they're still cute 20 years later.

But Tuesday Knight? Heck no.

also any woman who stiil thinks Clu Gulager aka Jesse's dad is

That's why I said SOME of the women. smile

Huge fan of the Noes franchise so yep this would be worth every penny to me.

Very worth it IMO, the interviews are so interesting, and some of the cameos are hilarious.