Re: What are YOU watching tonite/this weekend?

Xytras wrote:

Finally get to watch House at the end of a street and Gone. And whats up with American Mary? I know some of you already have seen it. When is a world wide release?

2 great films these are. And damn Gone is soooo amazing, Amanda is freaking awesome in this.

As for American Mary, I too am waiting impatiently for the DVD. I know it's out in the UK but don't know 'bout America. CAN'T F*CKING WAIT!!!

I am watching Phantasm III

kXnPunk wrote:
Xytras wrote:

Finally get to watch House at the end of a street and Gone. And whats up with American Mary? I know some of you already have seen it. When is a world wide release?

2 great films these are. And damn Gone is soooo amazing, Amanda is freaking awesome in this.

As for American Mary, I too am waiting impatiently for the DVD. I know it's out in the UK but don't know 'bout America. CAN'T F*CKING WAIT!!!

Thanks kX. Enjoyed both movies. Both Amanda and Jennifer Lawrence are certainly very easy on the eyes. And apparently American Mary already been screened in Canada (in Toronto at least) back in October. No info on DVD yet though. What the Hell!

Yeah very easy indeed. And both extremely good performances I've found.

And yeah that damn DVD's better come out soon.
Or I'll kidnap Katarine Isabelle which is not only hyper cute but is also my favorite canadian actress, she's what my country as came up up with the best since Ellen Page. lol

Ugly Americans or TCM II

Now, i have enough Time tonight

so far...The Descent 1 and 2, Mad Max 1 and 2

the last of my Val Lewton boxset tonight "Bedlam" ( 1946).

I've got American Mary on the download right now.

Hmmm... maybe Child's Play (got the DVD, has really cool cover art).

And I've been trying to get back into American Horror Story - watched 2 eps and it's going pretty well.

I'm tied between Trauma, a double bill of House of 1,000 Corpses/TDR and a double of Daughters of Darkness/Vampyres

The Possession (2012) , I hope it good

I really want to see TCM 3D

^^ TCM 3D was good but not great. And the 3D was pants, unfortunately. Good storyline though

I was really lookin forward to watching Mama but loads of people are saying it aint that great. Unsure if I should go and spend my valuable student money on it.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

^^ TCM 3D was good but not great. And the 3D was pants, unfortunately. Good storyline though

I can't help it...I'm such a sucker for 3D gore :3

SyFy has a new film tonight- Heebie Jeebies.  Only thing is that I can't tell if it's the 2005 movie, which the guide says, or the 2013 TV movie, which co-incidentally has a release date of today.

SyFy- Showing bad movies and not even knowing what movie they are showing.  The last "new" one had a completely different movie than what they were calling it (???).

Edit- yep, SyFy screwed up again.  This guide listing is for the 2005 movie, but the opening credits make it the 2013 movie.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-02-09 21:02:13)

Tonight I'm planning on watching the DVD of Final Destination 5 that I bought recently. That along with watching Saw 5 twice with the commentary tracks on

Wonder if I'll finally watch Dark Knight Rises this week-end.
Probably but I got a nice set of DVDs ready to be seen. All rewatches.

Messenger 1 & 2, Wrong Turn 1, Drag Me To Hell and The Eye 2002 by the Pang brothers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eye_(2002_film)

I loved the remake with Jessica Alba but this original one is even wilder.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-10 01:45:11)

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973)
for the first time, I hated the remake, Hoping this was a lot better and it short movie too.

Cockneys vs Zombies tonight.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-02-11 16:00:49)

Rosemary's Baby !

I think of having Spooking snowy off movies

I going with movies 1960 (Not seen for a bit)
13 Ghost (1960)
The Innocents (1961)
The Haunting (1963)

The rest of the week, I going staying in 60's work my up to now a days, I Going to movies I never seen from Each year

Carnival of Souls (1962)
2000 Maniacs (1964)
Dark Intruder (1965)
It! (1966)
Even the Wind is Scared (1967)
House of Evil (1968)
Horror House (1969)
The Wizard of Gore (1970)
The House That Dripped Blood (1971)

Tonight:

Supernatural
Arrow

And of course The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, which I watch every night (well, every night they're on, which is only four nights a week).

After that, I've DL'ed season 4 of The Mentalist and will be catching up on that.

Is The Mentalist good Lon? I got a friend who likes that but, like usual, I haven't gotten around to any TV in a while.

Possibly watching some F13 with the Bear, if not then I'm just gonna go with a random pick from my TiVo

I've seen the first three seasons.  I don't think it's a GREAT show by any stretch, but it is sometimes surprisingly good.  It gets flack for being a Psych rip-off, but it's nothing like that show at all.  The best stories deal with the killer Red John, who is the lead character's white whale (he killed the lead character's family).  More often than not, though, it's mostly a procedural show.  There's a crime, the lead character (who is hyper-attentive, like the lead character in Psych, which is the only thing this show has in common with that one) is called in, tracks clues, etc.

I say give it a go.  You'll know within the first few eps if it's a show you want to stick with or not.