Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I can not believe I didn't not post it's already on the Weekend

I saw Monkey Shines (1988)

I don't what I expected but I this was not as good as hope for, I enjoyed some parts of the movie, most of the time, i was rooting for The Monkey anyway,

I didn't like the Allen  at all,  I didn't really care for me at all, I did not really sorry for me at all.

One hell of nasty person,  I know it's was be really hard just blow all time but there was no need of him being a ass to everyone who was to help him

6 out of 10

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (TV 1973)

I seen the remake before only one time. I did not like at all, i found very meh and very boring and I didn't like the final out come at all.

This wasn't not great  but was a lot better then remake, It did have some cool scenes in this movie, the attack scenes could have been a lot better.

I loved the way those things looked in this movie a lot more creepy there the ones in the remake.

I really shocked how the movie ended as I didn't think that would have ended at all, Nice for change wen't movies don't end to predicable.

The acting was really good in this movie

6 out of 10

I Spit on Your Grave (1978)

Since my copy on blu-ray arrived yesterday I watched it last night with a friend and I got to say, I think the remake is better. I'm going to write up a review and I'll post it later.

But I do think the remake is better made version.

Antiviral (2012) - In the future, the cult of celebrity runs rampant, as obsessed fans feel the need to share a deeper connection (biological communion) with their favorite celebrities.  Enter the Lucas Clinic, who for a price can infect fans with the ailments of their favorite celebrities.  Syd March, a technician at Lucas, is burning the candle at both ends, being a loyal employee while on the job, while also infecting himself with the viruses to smuggle them out of the facility and sell on the black market.  But when he infects himself with the virus that kills Hannah Geist, the poster girl for the Lucas Clinic, Syd finds that he has become a pawn in a far more sinister plot.  The first full length feature by Brandon Cronenberg, son of David Cronenberg, it definitely has the look and feel of one of his father's movies, though not quite as disturbing.  Still, it is really well done, with my only real complaint being that I cannot understand how anyone would intentionally infect themselves with a virus to feel some kind of connection to their favorite clelebrity.  3.5/5.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I Spit on Your Grave (1978)

Since my copy on blu-ray arrived yesterday I watched it last night with a friend and I got to say, I think the remake is better. I'm going to write up a review and I'll post it later.

But I do think the remake is better made version.

I haven't see the re-make, but I mean, there's a lot of room for improvement on the first. What it succeeds in is being really gritty, mean and gory. What it fails in is building up any of the characters, or really any suspense.

alien25 wrote:

Antiviral (2012) - In the future, the cult of celebrity runs rampant, as obsessed fans feel the need to share a deeper connection (biological communion) with their favorite celebrities.  Enter the Lucas Clinic, who for a price can infect fans with the ailments of their favorite celebrities.  Syd March, a technician at Lucas, is burning the candle at both ends, being a loyal employee while on the job, while also infecting himself with the viruses to smuggle them out of the facility and sell on the black market.  But when he infects himself with the virus that kills Hannah Geist, the poster girl for the Lucas Clinic, Syd finds that he has become a pawn in a far more sinister plot.  The first full length feature by Brandon Cronenberg, son of David Cronenberg, it definitely has the look and feel of one of his father's movies, though not quite as disturbing.  Still, it is really well done, with my only real complaint being that I cannot understand how anyone would intentionally infect themselves with a virus to feel some kind of connection to their favorite clelebrity.  3.5/5.

Sounds pretty damn cool I will have to check it out.

The Raven (2012) - 8/10

I thought this was quite good. Great cast, fun plot, add in a few fairly suspenseful scenes...solid.

alien25 wrote:

I just watched this also, while it was pretty original seems so implausible. Even still I found it to be extremely dull most of time. Was well filmed though.

6/10

^I debated what score to give it.  Initially I was going to give it a 3/5, mainly because I couldn't understand the idea of someone intentionally infecting themselves with a virus to share a bond with their favorite celebrity.  But the more I thought about it, the more I related to what it was trying to say about society's obsesssion with celebrity and the lengths that people will go to achieve some measure of it.  I mean just look at all of the stupid reality shows that are out there now, Jersey Shore, Honey Boo Boo, the Kardassians, are these people not infecting themselves by putting their lives out there for all to see, all in the name of making a buck and gaining some noteriety?  Plus I came to appreciate how well it was done, especially for a first feature, and how much it reminded me of his father's work.

Last edited by alien25 (2013-02-14 13:29:59)

I watched The Gate yesterday for the first time. It's weird because I heard of it a while ago and sort of forgot about it, then I remember I think I saw Lon talking about in November and I decided to orde itr, but again didn't watch it. Something about the PG-13 rating made me wary. And I could not have been more wrong. This movie had everything. Satanism and demonology, heavy metal, amazing special effects, likeable characters and cool original story. There is definitely some pretty horrific scenes, even gory ones the only reason I can guess that the movie gets a PG-13 rating is because *spoiler*              no one dies. Overall a great movie. I didn't think I'd find another gem like this, very satisfying.

Last edited by Theli (2013-02-14 13:54:37)

Slaughter High - 5/10

A decent enough slasher flick. The kills were really well done, and they are the main reason I watch these films. The storyline was boring and the killer wasn't in the least scary, but as mid-80's slashers go, it was good enough. The kills made up for the flaws and in all it was a fun ride

^ Love Slaughter High. It's a big time guilty pleasure of mine.

Priest 6/10
Cool looking vampires.

Sus, most 80's slashers are guilty pleasures of mine! I just love em, and if the kills are good, ala Sleepaway Camp, I'm in my element

Ok, let me start with the lesser of two evils, and I know I'll probably get "knocked" for this but American Mary was way over hyped! This seems to happen alot with me lately, read all kinds of good reviews, "scariest movie ever", etc etc. Well, it was ok. I had hoped to see a little more of the final operations, especially those twisted twins, and just more "oomph" to it. I liked Excision much more. Anyway, it was just ok.

American Mary 6/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDuUcA3ykAI

Next up, and the trailer totally pulled me in, was Berberian Sound Studio. OMG! What a complete waste of time! It started off great, this meek timid British mama's boy goes to work on a a film doing sound effects. Little does he know it's a horror film, which you never see a bit of. That's not a bad thing as it kept you thinking maybe you would and as each minutes passed I felt some impending doom coming. But it doesn't! It just sort of ends. I was ready to scream! Anyway, maybe I just didn't "get it" but I don't care if I did it was just a big waste of my time!

3/10 Three just because it started off really well.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlNCiGVQsd0

Last edited by JoeTerror (2013-02-14 19:36:31)

I watched The Ring again with my friend.  It was his first time, so he was scared like a little boy.  Me on the other hand, having seen it at least 5 times could act like the man and console his terrified little heart tongue

alien25 wrote:

^I debated what score to give it.  Initially I was going to give it a 3/5, mainly because I couldn't understand the idea of someone intentionally infecting themselves with a virus to share a bond with their favorite celebrity.  But the more I thought about it, the more I related to what it was trying to say about society's obsesssion with celebrity and the lengths that people will go to achieve some measure of it.  I mean just look at all of the stupid reality shows that are out there now, Jersey Shore, Honey Boo Boo, the Kardassians, are these people not infecting themselves by putting their lives out there for all to see, all in the name of making a buck and gaining some noteriety?  Plus I came to appreciate how well it was done, especially for a first feature, and how much it reminded me of his father's work.

Some good points, I kinda got the social (which was a nice touch) commentary about society and their obsession with celebrities.I definitely get what you mean about people "infecting" themselves by parading themselves by any means to gain some kind of fame...I mean youtube is a prime example of that as well. Still it was hard to miss the social commentary in this one, its pretty up front and in your face which kinda turned me off a tad. Ultimately,  I think it was a good effort for his first feature film also, but it was a bit to "out there" as far as the imagry goes for my taste.  l preffer gritty realism over art house, and I kinda felt it was a bit overly weird just for the sake of it at times, those are my only gripes though! smile

My Bloody Valentine (2009) - I opted for tbe remake this year...its got some good grue but I still think it falls short of the original. I tend to prefer the typical 80's slasher formula the original follows more closely than the updates attemps at twisting things and leading the viewer on about whodunit when it turns out to be the most obvious suspect all along. Still fun though.

6/10

Edit:

Damn, nobody else watched MBV today?? The original is my favorite slasher ever!

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2013-02-14 23:46:17)

^ I would, but I have the heavily edited version of MBV. I'd prefer to see the uncut edition. Yeah, I need to pick that up.

The Wolfman (2010) - 8/10
Re-watch. I remember thinking it was kinda just "meh" the first time I watched it, but this go around, I'm much more impressed. Solid cast, great set/costume pieces, some very cool special effects (both CGI and practical), and a bad ass werewolf fight, too. What's not to like? It's not often that Hollywood produces a cool werewolf flick, and this was definitely one of those.

Yeah ChainSaW I love this movie a lot. Crazy settings. Cool acting.

Wolfman I just loved it so much. Especially the perfect acting.  What a casting. And well LOVE Emily Blunt, always have.

I watched a ton but heres a few I watched in the past few days:

- The Headless Eyes - bad but good not in a bad good way but Its ok I seen many in its film style. Usually they are bad like this one

- Night Of The Living Dead: 30th Anniversar Edition - it sucked big time with bullshit added and taken away

- Children Of The Living Dead - now this was a sequel to the above bullshit 30th anniversary and man it was sad

- The Cabin In The Woods - ha wow not as good as I thought it was gonna be from all the hype, what is this some kinda religious jesus freak movie to get more braindead people into their fold?

- 2001 Maniacs: Field Of Screams --- the only reason I wanted to see this was because of ... what? Christa Campbell as the milk maid again! Gawd she s hot she makes me drool...

- Amuck! - another not bad since I can dig bad Italian flicks at times but its not great

- The Witches - Mark Of The Devil II  --- stick with Adrian Hoven's first from 70 its way better

- Cannibal Apocalypse - hmm its different, not the same as the other forest cannibal flicks

- Night Of The Demon 1980 - cheesy bigfoot wannabe flick

- Maskhead - another toetag gorefest yummy if ya like pointless hurt and mutilate and gore!

- Tarantula 1955 - ya gotta love cheesy 50s horror/scifi

- I Saw The Devil - now finally this was an awesome flick and of course its Korean... I love this film as a new fuckin flick thats out

theres more but Imma gonna givet a rest ok?

Monster Brawl

I would have prefer if the monsters just ripped into each other than have them go at it in a wrestling ring, but it was a fun idea. 7/10

Excision (2012)

It was bloody brilliant. I have no idea how the hell I'm going to write a review for it because it was uniquely bizarre, but I absolutely loved it

Watched the full theatrical Tarantino/Rodriguez Grindhouse double feature with some popcorn and a drink, it was a great time. 10/10 I would rate it higher if I could.

13 Ghost (1960)

I seen re-make of this movie, a number of times. Which I really love, I did find some of those ghost really scary with those make up effect and there were some decent gore in that movie. , I do like the remake a lot better then this.

I did not like this movie at all, I found the whole movie very boring and I didn't find anything scary at all or even creepy.

The ghost scenes do seem a little out dated now and I didn't really like that little twist, if you can call that, it's wasn't much of a twist, I don't it was really needed for this kinda of movie

There were one or two scenes that liked but nothing really remember able

4 out of 10

The Innocents (1961)

I loved how this movie tries to creepy out even before the movie as started as the start of the movie, you get the Really Creepy Kids voice.

That is one hell of the way to the start a movie like this, I creepy factor dose not stop there at all.

As the movie keeps going you may thing that Kids how doing something as do act a little stange in some scenes.

I love this very dark settling movie, there are some very creepy scenes in this movie, the laughing near end of the movie was very creepy.

I loved the ending of this movie, I clad that is one reason this might never see a remake, I can't see that do that ending now-er days

The acting was outstanding from the whole cast 10 out of 10

The Haunting (1963)

I have seen once before, When I wasn't to keen on Black and White movies in my teens years, no that I am Older, Wider , I have got used to this Black and white movies.

It's not was one of the scariest movies I have seen but that dose not I didn't like It.

I really enjoyed this movie and some really good moment in this movie and sounds effect were really good for the time.

I really liked scenes  of breathing door it was very strange in a good way the acting the movie was really good as well.

I really enjoyed how the plot came to end, I kinda of knew that going to happen.

7/8 out of 10

Carnival Of Souls (1962)

What to make of this movie, it's started of with some drag race, which drives girls of the road in the lake.

Then soon one of them have survived and soon strange think start happing and see start to she thing.

Wow, This movie very bizarre. there some very good creepy moment, one or two scene did creepy out a little.

The plot can be very confusing at times, that may annoy some people I think, I kinda of knew what the twist was as the movie went one.

I felt there were some plot holes left unanswered in this movie, which did annoy me a little.

I don't if I miss something, Maybe I think too much about the twist in the movie

Outstanding acting from the whole cast

I going give this movie 7 out of 10
8 out 10

Cradle of Fear - Bloody, disturbing, gory and all around awesome horror anthology. 8/10

AClockworkOrange71 wrote:

Watched the full theatrical Tarantino/Rodriguez Grindhouse double feature with some popcorn and a drink, it was a great time. 10/10 I would rate it higher if I could.

Sounds good. I've yet to see Death Proof, really should get onto that soon.