Topic: Toe Tag Films

OK here we go this low budget film making.

But with Gore to fill a stadium.

I have the August Underground Trilogy since day one and I love them. I haven't seen all toetag flicks.
plus I got The Redsin Tower but man its been awhile since I seen it I have no opinion.

I just bought Maskhead (well never bought it, thanks to the internet and for what the internet is for, anything online is there for the fuckin taking) it was gruesome gory and all the shit toe tag is famous for. I thought it was OK but there was too much gay shit in it for me to love it!

Anyways, what are your favorite or hate on toe tag films

Re: Toe Tag Films

(In my humble opinion)

Toetag Pictures caters to a small to medium audience that just enjoy more gratuitous violence than anything else in horror movies (and are barely horror movies at that). 

I wouldn't be interested in any of their films.

Though like I stated, each to their own and if someone enjoys their films then cool! smile

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2013-02-14 20:19:18)

I agree with your definition of toetag films.... BUT have you ever seen one? Since you say you're not interested in any of their films. It sounds like you haven't actually watched one. yea? no?

I've actually seen only some parts of August's Underground Mordum, but from the scenes I have watched I know I wouldn't like the rest.

You might as well watch it... its only a movie, but they go for the shit that holliwud wouldnt even think of goin near and that is my like of toetag. like fuck the censorboard, lets go all out. I'm a big fan of indie horror, holliwud is today a shadow of what horror filming is about! haha

I'm a huge ToeTag fan. IMO Fred Vogel is one of the best horror directors out there right now. The Redsin Tower and Sellica Turica are amazing. Especially for with the non exisitng budget the crew had to work with.

I'm all for "fuck the censorship" but tbh, Toetags, do little but show off special effects skills. The actual story telling and horror is just not there and I need that. It's all well and good going all out on gore and horrific scenes but there's no point if there's so story or plot or anything. That's not a movie, it's a special effects desplay. Lucifer Valentine is the same, awesome special effects but the movies themselves are a hunk of shit.

Mostly what's being described are the AU movies.  Maskhead wasn't very good and I don't believe was directed by Vogel, although I could be wrong,  Red Sin Tower and Scella Turcica  are more of a conventional low budget horror only with great gore and a plot you may not have seen a million times before.  I'd keep and eye out for Vogel  because at some point, someone will hand him a big budget to scare the crap out of you and he'll do it.
I totally get why someone wouldn't watch what is tantamount to a snuff collection...You don't watch those movies more than once...but they're effective.  Gritty, real and devastating.
And that's all I got to say 'bout that.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I'm a huge ToeTag fan. IMO Fred Vogel is one of the best horror directors out there right now. The Redsin Tower and Sellica Turica are amazing. Especially for with the non exisitng budget the crew had to work with.

Right on Sus... come to think of it ya I remember in a haze you like that stuff.... you the man man

anyways man hows life man. you still kickin anyways man awesome man fuck you keep on man sus you're the best man!

It's hard to track down ToeTag Films in Canada. It looks like I'll need to order from Amazon.com. I was really hoping to check out The Redsin Tower but it seems to be OOP and is either not available or quite expensive bummer. Might check out Sellica Turica at least it's readily available on Amazon.com and on their homepage, hate paying the shipping to Canada though.

so far I havent seen Sella Turcica yet its on my wanna see list near the top.
I like toe tag films they are what the others are afraid of doing... so go all the way toe tag... its Only a Fuckin Movie!!