Topic: Valentines Horror Night!

This Saturday (16th) starting 5pm US Eastern time (10pm GMT) We're having a V-day night over on the Skype! Be cool to see some peoples over there for this one. Cool line up too!

Starting with

Evil Dead
The Crow
Legend

Azzy has arranged this, he's unable to get online right now due to a technical blip! Drop him a message or me one on here and I'll get it to him if you're not already on the skype chat list.

If enough people come along we'll be recording so usual recording rules apply. Best behaviour yadda yadda!

Cool beans.

Hope to see you there people!

Re: Valentines Horror Night!

I'll be there for at least some of the movies

Alrighty. Gotta prepare my iPad and hopefully I can join in at some point.

I'll be there. smile

I'm gonna have to sign up to skype and join one of these things some time. Not this weekend unfortunately, I'm working then there's a live UFC event. While fake blood is fantastic sometimes I need the real deal too.

I'll be there but probably not voice chatting, technical issues were a pain in the behind last time and text chat is so easy! Anyone got an IMDB link for The Crow, by the way?

Edit - is it this Legend with Tom Cruise? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089469/ it has it as Fantasy-Adventure-Romance? It doesn't look much like horror lol

Last edited by HorrorQueen17 (2013-02-13 16:56:51)

I'll try my best to be there.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

I'll be there but probably not voice chatting, technical issues were a pain in the behind last time and text chat is so easy! Anyone got an IMDB link for The Crow, by the way?

Edit - is it this Legend with Tom Cruise? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089469/ it has it as Fantasy-Adventure-Romance? It doesn't look much like horror lol

Yes it's that Legend. It is very fantasy but there is an awesome Demon in it smile

That's the one HQ! Glad we have peoples big_smile

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109506/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 - The Crow.

I hope I don't have to put one up for Evil Dead wink

Man, I did not like Legend, but the devil looks bad ass!

Here's a little trivia. Did you know the Devil is played by Tim Curry?

Me and Lucifer...just chillin...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/S63020132.jpg

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2013-02-13 20:30:15)

No love for "Valentine"?  Loved the soundtrack to that movie and always something I enjoy in mid February

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

No love for "Valentine"?  Loved the soundtrack to that movie and always something I enjoy in mid February

I guess they've already done that one. I think it was for the Halloween movie fest. Believe me it took awhile to settle on those 3 lol.

Yes, Legend is more of a fantasy movie, but it's rather dark.

ChainSawWD40- awesome pic.

We did Valentine for last year's Valentine's Movie Night (with podcast!)

I may or may not record for a podcast, it depends on how many people are going voice.  Skype "boop" noises are not very thrilling to listen to, lol .  You don't have to go voice, and you can listen without talking.

(For the record, StageVu has a listed policy of not infringing on copyrights on their home page.  This is why I list them, and not other sites.  Also, StageVu tends not to be the fastest streamer, you may want to buffer before hand.)

So, in summary-
5PM US Eastern/10PM GMT- Legend
7PM/Midnight- The Evil Dead
9PM/2AM- The Crow

(I might switch Legend and The Crow.  Let me know what you think.)

Legend (IMDB link).
Legend StageVu link.

The Evil Dead (IMDB link).
The Evil Dead StageVu link.  And why don't you have the DVD yet?!

The Crow (IMDB) link.
The Crow StageVu link.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-02-14 13:34:00)

We have had a request for Wind Chill (2007).  I haven't seen it, but I was told that it's like Dead End in snow.  Let me know if you have an opinion.

... and of course with a unusual love story as the central element, which is sadly not even mentioned in the imdb summary.

I have Wind Chill on DVD.  Eh, it's okay.  Decent story and acting but it's nothing really memorable.  IMO, anyway.

I have Wind Chill on DVD.  Eh, it's okay.  Decent story and acting but it's nothing really memorable.  IMO, anyway.

Carnival of Souls.

Hmm...and later POKER on TV

^^
Heh, I think you got the wrong thread here.  big_smile

Yeah, I think I'll slot Wind Chill for next year.

LoudLon wrote:

Have that movie too. Ripped the wrong part. Somehow I only ripped the behind the scenes... Oops. So haven't gotten around to watching it.

Lineup looks good like that, I'll be on full-time for the last 2 movies but I might only be a part-timer for the first. Not a Tom Cruise fan anyway tongue Na but I will try to be on for that, but I'm picking up another shift that won't finish til 9.30ish. With you for the rest though!

OK, I'm postponing this movie night, in lieu of Wheels of Terror Night for tomorrow.  Go see the January movie night thread for details.  Sorry for the last day change, but I promised Ace a night for his films, and he's available tomorrow.

I'm going to have to keep bumping this today.  See above for why.