Topic: The Postman

the postman is one of those hallmark hall of fame movies, but its actually really good imo. its starring kevin kosner (sp?). in a post-war civilation where everything has been destroied, kosner travels around as a postman trying to bring hope to the people that the government is back in order and trying to get everything worked out. i loved this movie, has anyone else seen it? if you have, did you like it?

Re: The Postman

i agree this is one of my favorite apocalyptic films. Have watched it many times on dvd.

I've always been afraid to watch this movie with all the horrid reviews it got.  Maybe I'll give it a shot.

I remember being in a theater and seeing a preview for this film and throwing obscene gestures all over the place b/c of Kevin Costner.  I am not normally an obscene kinda girl, but he just makes me want to flip the bird.

So no, I can't see it, not unless they reshoot it with a new cast.

DrChannard wrote:

I've always been afraid to watch this movie with all the horrid reviews it got.  Maybe I'll give it a shot.

i ignored it for the same reasons and was really surrpised when i enjoyed it alot.

i saw it on tv while in the hospital, and i enjoied it alot.

i thought the postman was ok but it is about an hour too long. i'm not gonna bash costner because he is a really good actor.