Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Mimesis (2011) - An interesting play on Night Of The Living Dead, but that was about it.  Really didn't do much for me.  2.5/5.

Girls Against Boys (2012) - After a series of bad experiences with men, Shae teams up with her co-worker, Lu, who has a simple, deadly way of dealing with the opposite sex. I really didn't have much interest in seeing this, and initially, the film plays out as I expected it would.  Fortunately, the tone changes in the latter acts and it ended up being a pretty decent flick.  Judging from some of the reviews in IMDB, it has definitely polarized some viewers.  3/5.

I just finished up Argento's Trauma. I wasn't really digging it for the first half, it wasn't anything like as visually pleasing as his older stuff, but by the second half the storyline had become a lot more interesting, and the kills were inventive. It just wasn't stimulating to the eyes in the way I've become accustomed to from Argento, although it was a good movie. 6/10

I just finished watching Macabre (1957). It's the first full movie William Castle directed. It also started his use of gimmicks with his $1000 life insurance policy in case of death caused by fright, there would also be actors pretending to be nurses at the original showings of the film. The premise of the film is the town doctor gets a call from a stranger alleging to have buried his daughter alive. It's not a terribly scary movie, though it does have a creepy atmosphere and a good portion of the movie is spent in a graveyard at night and has one cool sort of gross out scene with a dessicated corpse. It is a good mystery though and keeps you guessing at what is really afoot. Really a great start to a great career as a horror director.

Just finished Scarecrows. Very nice creepy atmosphere throughout. 8/10

Gonna put that on the watch list.

MoonRaven wrote:

Gonna put that on the watch list.

Do it. It's really good.

Recently bought and watched Sinister on Blu-ray. A terrific movie that's easily one of the best horror movies I've seen in a very, very long time. Ethan Hawke is fantastic in the lead role and the film is genuinely scary. Very atmospheric, very intense and with a great pay-off too.

Cannot recommend this high enough!

10/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTD12fD400g

Might grab that one myself sometime.

Dead Ringers (1988)

Though some people might not even call it horror (more of a drama), I'd class it as psychological horror (just by the way it made me feel) from Cronenberg. Jeremy Irons is fantastic as the twins, he definitely gave them a separate identity. Saying that, I did get confused at times as to which was which, but that would make it interesting for me to rewatch. It was very depressing, too depressing for me even, but an interesting movie.

7/10

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Everything was fantastic including the scenes where his ax doesn't come into play. People on another forum have been trying to dissuade me from watching this. Taste is subjective, you may not agree with someone's opinions but know that not everyone will like what you like. 10/10

House at the End of the Street

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon 8.8/10

^ I'm still sad that the sequel/prequel didn't raise enough money in Kickstarter. But maybe one day it will happen.

Re-watched Abe Lincoln: Vamp Hunter. Still fantastic. Probably cracks my top 20 films. 10/10

Warm Bodies (2013) - This wasn't bad at all...different, kinda funny and a cool soundtrack. Not perfect by any means
either, the skeleton zombie things were to cgish and reminded me of the lame zombie things from I Am Legend and the action moments never really got to a level of greatness..still a pretty decent popcorn flick.

6.5/10

Stitches (2012) - This was a splattery good time for sure! About a clown who comes back to get revenge after a terrible accident at I childrens party. Not to be taken seriously, nothing is really plausible here, just grue and good times to be had with this flick. Loved it!

8/10

Werewolf: Beast Amoung Us (2012) - Couldn't really get into this, it wasn't completely terrible but it wasn't great by any stretch. Very much like a syfy original is the easiest way to explain it. The werewolf looked okay at times but kinda silly and to CG others.

5/10

Watched 2 bloody freaking BRILLIANT movies a few hours ago.
ABC's OF DEATH and EXCISION

First one is just insanely cool. And yeah I loved absolutely ALL the parts, there's not even one I like less. Spectacular ideas. I truely enjoyed this one a whole damn lot. 666.666/10

Second one is just freaking mad as H3LL. Sick and wild like I just enjoy very much. A great one too. 666/10

And I finished it rewatching Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter which I enjoyed even more than the first time I watched it. Great movie and woah, MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD!!!! I'm desperately in love with this girl. smile 9/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-17 07:34:38)

Pschyo Cop

I've always been a huge David Cronenberg fan, well maybe except for his last film Cosmopolis which I thought was a disaster, but up until then his movies have always been pretty damn original and thought provoking. Well enter his son Brandon with Antiviral. Very entertaining and reminded me much like his dads early works. My only complaint would be that although it's not that long it seemed like it was. I think it couldve been tightened up a bit. In this time of endless remakes its nice to see something fresh for a change and I think this young director will have a lot going for him!

Antiviral 9/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcJTd69dMyQ

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ I'm still sad that the sequel/prequel didn't raise enough money in Kickstarter. But maybe one day it will happen.

Hopefully. I watched it recently and loved it. Can't believe I put off watching for such a long time. Its in my opinion a far better meta-slasher horror than Cabin In The Woods was a meta-cabin in the woods horror.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-02-17 14:15:04)

Doomsday Book: One of the best trilogy horror movies I've watched in a while. All the stories were smartly written and acted. 8/10

Long movie night:

The Car
Duel
Race with the Devil
Mirage
Wheels of Terror

Evil Bong

I watched 'The Car' last night with the gang and the last 40 mins or so of 'Duel'.

Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes (2012) - Not the most well done FF flick and it takes some time to get going but it does pick up and there is some good tense moments. The end was iffy but okay. For me it was decent bit definitely not going to be for everyone.

6.5/10

^^Speaking of bigfoot films, has anyone seen The Legend of Boggy Creek? I'm interested in this film and I would like some opinions about it.

The Possession (2012) 7/10