Re: Totally random

Thanks LoudLon, looks nice. I'll watch that tonight.

And yeah, Scavenger, I truely enjoyed their latest one with Brody and Fishburne. In fact it's my favorite of them all.

^ Yeah I really liked Predators myself too, it's a damn fine movie. And Predator 2 by the way isn't all that bad, of course it's not the movie that Predator is but it's still good nonetheless.

My godfather is 75 (dad's brother) and he has a full head of hair.
My dad, 65 is bald. Hahah poor guy.

Spent the past 2 hours working on my blog. Nothing great but whenever I posted it, it would not be the way that I originally had it. Things would shift around.
It was friggin' annoying.

Wind. Wind everywhere.

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Wind. Wind everywhere.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/092/765/JbJbEverywhere.jpg

Currently working on a lesson that I'm giving to a Sophomore American History class about how/why the North won the American Civil War. I'm always nervous about presenting in front of a group of people, but I usually do alright in the end. So far (I've timed myself), I've got roughly 25 minutes of material (not including the length of the two short videos I'm showing and the book reading section in the middle of the presentation). At the end of class, I'm going to establish ten to fifteen minutes for the class to work on the worksheet that I'm handing out.

So I have (again, roughly) at least 40 minutes of the presentation worked out. This leaves ten extra minutes of class, so I have only a little more work to do...and then I'm done!

^^
You could also build in some Q & A time at the end.

The Creature wrote:

Currently working on a lesson that I'm giving to a Sophomore American History class about how/why the North won the American Civil War. I'm always nervous about presenting in front of a group of people, but I usually do alright in the end. So far (I've timed myself), I've got roughly 25 minutes of material (not including the length of the two short videos I'm showing and the book reading section in the middle of the presentation). At the end of class, I'm going to establish ten to fifteen minutes for the class to work on the worksheet that I'm handing out.

So I have (again, roughly) at least 40 minutes of the presentation worked out. This leaves ten extra minutes of class, so I have only a little more work to do...and then I'm done!

Sounds like you have a solid plan.

Very cool The Creature. Best of luck with that.

Watched the first episode of that new series Zero Hour and woah, it is FREAKING AMAZINGLY WAY TOO COOL AS H3LL!!!
Great story and cool acting, I'll watch everyone of them for damn sure, I'm hooked already.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2215797/

azathoth wrote:

^^
You could also build in some Q & A time at the end.

Actually, I am making the lesson a semi-open forum thing, so if the kids have questions during the presentation, they can just raise their hands and get an answer instead of having to wait until the end. Hopefully they do raise their hands throughout the lesson so I can stretch the presentation a bit. haha.

@ Dead & Punk, thanks! It'll be interesting, for sure.

Totally need to get my butt to bed.
Work in the AM.

Isn't today President's Day or am I mistaken? (almost 1am here)

Yeah it's Dead President Day. big_smile

So no school for you?

Since it's President's Day, shouldn't MoonRaven have the day off, unless she doesn't with her second job?

You guys are weird. I mean WTF is that thing, President's day???
Why not a Darth Vador or even a Freddy day then???
It's like your hump day. Makes me laugh everytime what you come up with. lol

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lylch3GaU31qjv7lco1_400.gif

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Isn't today President's Day or am I mistaken? (almost 1am here)

We don't have presidents in Canada tongue
Today is 'Family Day' in Ontario. Any excuse for a holiday I guess.
No work at the school but the art gallery is open when we have holidays.
Canada Day, Labor Day, Victoria Day....I guess they are hoping for some business since people will have the day off hmm

Today is normal day here in Quebec.
The only one I really care about of these days aside Halloween is La St-Jean Baptiste which is the day we celebrate our kick ass province.
Anything else can go to H3LL.

LoudLon wrote:

Woo hoo!  After decades (literally!) of searching, I finally found a copy of the super-obscure surf/party/zombie parody Surf II!!!  The first and only time I've seen it was in 1984, when I was 13 or 14, and my cousins and I were staying up late and we happened upon the flick right as it started on HBO.  It's been 30 years and I still remember a great deal about it, namely the large number of actors who went on to appear in other enjoyable kitsch flicks.  Actors such as Tom Villard, Corrine Bohrer, Linda Kerridge, Cleavon Little and, best of all, Eddie Deezin! lol

Fans of 80s genre obscurities will get a kick out of it, so give it a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hUGIpbBRtk

Incidentally, I can't believe this flick showed up on Youtube, of all places.  And just last month, to boot!  Also, the title itself is also a joke; there never was a Surf I. lol

Never heard of this one, so I bookmarked it. Thanks!

kXnPunk wrote:

You guys are weird. I mean WTF is that thing, President's day???

It started off as George Washington's birthday.  Then the federal government created their "every federal holiday will be on a Monday" law, and made Washington's b-day to be the 3rd Monday of February, making it impossible for it to ever land on his actual b-day of the 22nd.  So they figured, "Eh, make if for all the Presidents."

Two of my movies are after arriving today:

The Ordeal - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407621/?ref_=sr_3

Basic Instinct (Blu-ray) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103772/?ref_=sr_1

Picked up the new Album from Tomahawk...I never really got into this band but the album is a solid effort in weirdness...

So can someone tell me what this "Harlem Shake" thing is? Isn't it a dance or something made by those crazy russians?

I thought it was an American dance because you know...Harlem? Wherever it comes from, some of the videos are really funny.