Re: What are YOU watching tonite/this weekend?

Going in the a.m. to see Hansel & Grettle: Witch Hunters witch my wife wanted to see and I was not the least bit interested in until I watched the red band trailer for it. Looks cool enough.

Grabbed Excision and I've been hearing lotsa cool stuff about it.
ABC's Of Death too.
But these are downloaded ones so I'll wait to finish watching my new DVDs before. So tonight it's John Carter and Omertà.

Thanks to Netflix, there's a breastload (being cute, not dirty) of horror movies I'm interested in. watching. Gonna watch Exit Humanity, 11-11-11, Re-animator, Shark Night (for some reason) and others. I also have movies on demand to watch starting with Last Exorcism.

^^^
I'm sure girls in bikini is the reason.
Especially Sara Paxton and yummy Katharine McPhee. smile

BASSI wrote:

2000 Maniacs (1964)
It! (1966)
Even the Wind is Scared (1967)
House of Evil (1968)
Horror House (1969)

Gutted that I can't find these movies anywhere!

Working my way through a spaghetti western boxset that i've just started at the moment so will be watching "Ride and Kill" ( 1964) tonight and " 7 Hours Of Gunfire" ( 1965) tomorrow night.

I just downloaded the ABCs of Death!  Can't wait to watch it.  I've only heard good things!

kXnPunk wrote:

Grabbed Excision and I've been hearing lotsa cool stuff about it.
ABC's Of Death too.
But these are downloaded ones so I'll wait to finish watching my new DVDs before. So tonight it's John Carter and Omertà.

Excision was fantastic, ABC's of Death a huge disappointment. Let us know what you think won't you?

Going to settle in soon and watch The Grey. I love Liam Neeson, so I have high hopes for this movie.

The Grey was pretty good so enjoy!  I just watched Taken 2 last night.  It wasn't as good as the first but still worth watching.  I started watching the Raven with John Cusack a few days ago so I might finish that in a little bit.

Ended up seeing Warm Bodies instead of Hansel & Gretel...mix up with the showtimes.

Hope to watch Room 237 tomorrow, a doc about The Shining.

I very much enjoyed The Grey. Even had me in tears a few times!

Memesis and I finally tracked down and rented a copy of CUBE very much looking forward to watching it.

^^
Cube 2 is a poor sequel to Cube, but Cube Zero had a nice twist to it.  Just sayin'.

riverash wrote:

The Grey was pretty good so enjoy!  I just watched Taken 2 last night.  It wasn't as good as the first but still worth watching.  I started watching the Raven with John Cusack a few days ago so I might finish that in a little bit.

the Grey  is a good film.

Tonight I am going for a blood bath.Last night I watched Macabre (2009) which was a bloody fun movie and tonight I am in the middle of Hobo with a shotgun after that I will probably be re watching Inside.If I am not to tired after that I may through in Martyrs or Eden Lake havn't decided.

I'm currently re-watching John Carpenter's Vampires.  Such a hokey movie.  I remember liking this when I was WAY younger and had no taste haha

No taste??? Well I liked it a looot!!! Found it was a very well done, well acted well everything movie.

I think it's far from Carpenter's best but I still thought it was a fun, big-budget b-movie.  There's plenty of grue, James Wood plays a wise-cracking tough guy like nobody's business and it was nice to see Sheryl Lee play something besides a dead body wrapped in plastic for a change ( lol ).  My biggest complaint pertains to Thomas Ian Griffith as the lead vamp.  Dude's a bad-ass martial artist in real life, a legitimate tough guy, and it felt like a missed opportunity casting someone who brings so much bad-assery to the table only to have him spend most of the movie standing around hissing.

At any rate, yeah, I dig the flick.  I freely admit it's definitely one of Carpenter's weaker efforts, but even a bad Carpenter flick tends to be heaps better than a lot of other horror directors' finest.

Woo hoo, new SyFy movie tonight!  End of the World (IMDB link).  And it's not an Asylum film, it's some production company's 1st film.

But here is what I like, the synopsis-
Two video store clerks put their vast knowledge of disaster movies to good use when they team up with a scientists turned sci-fi writer to save the planet from destruction.

OK, not horror, but the "vast knowledge" part is making me watch it (well, DVR it) to see how that works out.

I had an idea along those lines a couple years back about video store clerks with encyclopedic knowledge of horror flicks taking it upon themselves to investigate a mad slasher in town.  Fell apart in the concept stage, though; couldn't make it funny without it coming off as overly cheesy. lol

Vampires is ok, nothing more.

LoudLon wrote:

I had an idea along those lines a couple years back about video store clerks with encyclopedic knowledge of horror flicks taking it upon themselves to investigate a mad slasher in town.  Fell apart in the concept stage, though; couldn't make it funny without it coming off as overly cheesy. lol

Sounds like this- There's Nothing Out There.

And a funny review of it (another horror site link).

Eh, when it comes to writing, there's nothing new under the sun.  If you can think of it, chances are it's been done a dozen times before. hmm

'Video Violence' has already beat you to the buzzer Lon.

Btw - I totally recommend 'Video Violence', just avoid part 2 like herpes! big_smile