Topic: Arrow (2012 TV Series)

Now I was never that big on Green Arrow, I always thought he was a mediocre superhero at best, but I am willing to give this series a watch as I've always been faithful to DC because they don't fail to dissapoint me. Is anyone planning on checking out the CW series? Also with the Batman trilogy to an end, I'd like to see an appearance of Bruce Wayne or his alter ego Batman because they both come from the same worlds (ie being billionares/vigilantes). Thoughts?

Re: Arrow (2012 TV Series)

There was an entertaining run on Green Arrow back in the 70s with art by Neil Adams, but otherwise, pffft.  Character's always seemed like a joke to me.  Don't think I'm going to bother. hmm

So has anyone watched this? I think it's awesome, and I hope this show lasts as long as Smallville because I think it has potential.

I think it's okay.  I see the potential if it can break away from the Smallville and Nolan-Batman influences.  I'm sticking with it for now, but the sooner it finds its own voice the better.

I watched several episodes and found the action was good, and the acting was terrible. Practically unwatchable in my opinion.

I find it humorous that it is such a ratings darling, while good shows like Fringe struggle for viewers.

Last edited by Randy (2013-01-12 15:54:20)

Going back to the original post, Bruce Wayne and Batman are off limits so you will not see him on this show.  Just continuing with second and third rate characters as support with a possible Justice League character appearance from time to time. 

The show is pretty good, action is good, decent representation of the character.  No worse in the acting department then Smallville and that show was on for a loooong time. 

I just want to see them bring in Onomatopoeia as a villain.  However I think he is a character that can only work in print form.  Plus I'd hate to see the best thing about Kevin Smith's Green Arrow run get ruined by WB execs

I've been watching this show a bit, so far it's pretty cool. I liked Smallville but the first few seasons were tedious, at least Arrow doesn`t have as much relationship drama.