Re: The Walking Dead (Season 3)

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8900/bitchzombieapocalypsefa.jpg

lol

Evelyn Williams wrote:

Man....Does anyone else NOT like the Walking Dead?  Loved the comics.  Hate the show.  I stopped watching mid-way through the second season.  Everyone is telling me it's gotten so much better and I need to catch up and watch what I missed, but I have zero desire to do so. 

I love horror, but I can't get into The Walking Dead, Dexter, OR True Blood.  All shows that a lot of horror fans seem to be into.  It makes no sense to me.  Wish I could like them...I just don't.

Honestly, season 2 was pretty bad. Season 3 they finally decided enough with the talking and got to some all-out action, so it was good. But the first new episode they just showed seemed pretty so-so. That Andrea speech was the least compelling speech I've ever heard(but by the end everybody was rallying behind her because, you know, the plot needed it)...

And True Blood is horrible. Worst writing on TV by far. It was a guilty pleasure the first couple of years, but then it just got worse and worse.

Dexter has had ups and downs, but this past season was decent.

LoudLon wrote:

Lots of good stuff happening tonight, laying groundwork for future conflict.  I fear Rick's on the verge of a full-on snap, and I'm anxious to see how that affects his standing with the group.  I still don't think the show has fully recovered from the loss of Shane, and the introduction of a horde (heh) of new characters this season is bordering on over-saturation, but this show could be half as good as it is and still be among the best on TV right now.

No doubt its the best thing on TV right now...
and yeah I been watching Rick slowly loosing it. Like I said before I havent read the comics and I hope they do shit that isnt in the comics just to get ya, you comic freaks of this series!

I love this ongoing zombie movie (that just happens to be a AMC tv show) I urinate on the haters! tongue

My favorite series right now as well.  I agree, Rick is about to have a breakdown, will be interested to see how this affects the group..

You're alright in my horror data base jess, but you live way to far to part with lol

My favorite on tv right now! Watching Rick lose it has been interesting, especially last week's episode, at the end.

I will admit though, I'd really like Andrea to die right now. WTF is wrong with the woman!

LOVED tonight's episode! Walker Bomb! And nice shot Daryl, at the end to save Rick.

Well, it's not your fault I looked in this thread before seeing the episode -- but maybe a SPOILER WARNING next time?  Thanks.

Looks like Rick may get kicked off the island...

If Rick can hold it together, Daryl making a come back and if Merl joins the group they will stand a chance against the governor. Im wondering what happened to the other group from last episode, I guess they left the prison after ricks episode...I think we will see them come back and join the group as well.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2013-02-17 22:58:59)

Rick's gone feral!!!!!

LoudLon wrote:

Well, it's not your fault I looked in this thread before seeing the episode -- but maybe a SPOILER WARNING next time?  Thanks.

Yeah, c'mon folks.  Not everyone gets the show at the same time, for example our British friends are 5 days behind us.

Do a

** Spoilers **
[stuff]
** End Spoilers **

thing, or if you're really artful:

** Spoilers**
[color=black]
stuff
[/color]
** End Spoilers **

With that being said, the guv'ner just bit off more than he could chew.

Yeah that was a great episode.  Hoping some revenge comes soon.

* SPOILER *

Two questions:

Was there some deeper meaning to that part when Merle pushed Daryl to the ground, ripping his shirt?  I feel like I missed something there, as there was an awkwardness for a bit after, like something more significant happened.

Also, ok...who was driving the van with the Walkers?  A main character or a no one?  Curious on thoughts on that?

* END SPOILER *

Merle the beast has a soft spot for his lil brother
SPOILER
Past childhood trauma and abuse on both Merle and Daryl, Daryl always blamed Merle for leaving him in those conditions but understood, it shaped who Daryl is (showing kindness to others, empathy) and I THINK Daryl may become a role model for Merle, IF Merle tries to change his behavior to FIT in with the group.
LOL Michonne is a shitty shooter, I LOVE her character.
bye bye Axel you annoyed the hell out of me.
Who is watching the baby? Sure she sleeps but the jail isnt secure people!!!! remember
Van with the walkers, was a random guy I believe, so was guy in the tower
GREAT Episode
END SPOILER

Thanks Dead...good points.

* SPOILER *

Ok, just my opinion, but it occurred to me the show is obviously setting up for Merle to die in a dramatic sacrifice sort of way protecting Rick, or someone else from the group.

* END SPOILER *

All kinds of sub-plots are arising this season.

I really like having Merle back because it creates conflict. Hope he sticks around for a while??

Rick, having a mental break down is what makes the show so damn realistic. I mean; if you were to go through all the crap he's had to, wouldn't you have lost it a long time ago.

SPOILER
As much as I don't like her, I can't wait to see how the group reacts to Andrea next week, what with Merle telling him about her and the governer.
/SPOILER

Has anyone watched the black and white episodes? I watched the pilot and it was actually pretty cool.

^^
Haven't seen the B&W episode(s) yet, but I like the idea.  Give a little different flavor to it.  (I wonder how the blood would look like?)

** Thoughts on next episode **
If the group can except Merle, they can accept Andrea, methinks. My interest is she going to turn against the guv'ner or not?  She's not the brightest ember in the fire.  And I'm just waiting for Rick to break out of his mental funk- one he said I know she's not real, but I'm missing something- gotta be some kind of plot point.
** End of thoughts **

And thanks to everyone for using the SPOILER tags.  I, and others, really do appreciate the courtesy.

I'm tempted to watch the black n white versions but than I got a brain flash ... fuck just turn the color off the normal one and now *** flash *** its b&w

but the last episode was awesome fuck I love this shit man this is what tv is meant for, for us horror film fans!
I havent missed an episode I use to burn them to dvd but wtf i'll buy them I want this series to never end.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Haven't seen the B&W episode(s) yet, but I like the idea.  Give a little different flavor to it.  (I wonder how the blood would look like?)

I actually liked the way the blood looked in B&W. It felt a little creepier to me.

SPOILER:

At the end of the mid-season premiere, when Andrea is giving her speech and the camera goes into the crowd, I could have sworn I saw Morgan. The man shaking his head as Andrea spoked. Did anyone else see that?

/SPOILER

^^^
Not me. But that would be nice.

10 Things We've Learned From Walking Dead
http://t.co/vbsR61ygwB

Very cool read.

Good episode last night.  I was taken by surprise at the survivor Rick, Michonne and Carl discover.  Speaking of which...

SPOILER ALERT! (left click and drag below if you want it ruined for you)

There were whispers that Morgan would be showing up again but it still took me by surprise.  What took me even more by surprise was to see how psychotic he'd become.  But the middle part of the episode is what makes this show so damn good -- the human drama.  And while Rick ends up leaving Morgan behind (at Morgan's own adamant behest), I can't help but hope Morgan makes another surprise appearance with all those weapons when Rick and the Governor finally have their showdown, then becomes part of Rick's group.  They both have so much in common as characters, almost like they're mirror images of one another, and Rick could use a new best friend to replace the still very much missed Shane.

END SPOILER

@Lon-

I agree, very nice episode, but....
***  Spoilers  **
They did take a bunch of guns with them, so it wouldn't be like Santa Claus dropping out of nowhere.  Next epi looks like it's going to be the setup for the big fight.  My take, Morgan gets his shit straight for the big battle and does a flank or rear attack at a crucial time.

I wish Michon would let loose a little- Her "Enough of this bullshit" speech finally showed she has some emotions.  Sure there are zombie killings in WD, but the characters' emotions really set the tone.

And I really loved the Talking Dead episode.  The gal ruled!  So glad they went to an hour format, they get to stick so much more in. (No, Lon, that is NOT watch she said.)

Damn.  Access: denied.***

Yeah, what you said, that's what I was getting at.  Rick didn't get enough weapons in that one bag to fend off the Governor and all his men, so it'd be cool to see you-know-who show up out of nowhere to help.

*** That's what she said.

** Spoilers**

That whole scene with the hitchhiker really got to me. I don't know why, because it's completely understandable, but it was a little heartbreaking... Also, I'm glad we got to see Morgan!

** End Spoilers **

I missed Talking Dead though sad

I'm so bloody looking forward to the next ep. I liked this one. It was nice getting to know Michonne, seeing Rick regain a bit of sanity, Carl being all growed up. A nicely paced ep. Well done TWD. Now I can't wait for the show down!