Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

awesome I knew you did I read it sumwhers lets rock... I cant tell ya man. I know somone out there knows who Mel is handlin the low thunder

Let's play a Lee Aaron song whaddya think??? big_smile

Someone probably know who Mel is just that I personally don't.

I know a Mel but she's a girl. lol

Some excellent guitars are made in Asia. Ibanez was making really nice guitars in Japan back in the 70's and 80's, some of them knockoffs and some of their own design. I have an early 80's Ibanez AM-50 Artist... it's like a baby ES335. It's a great guitar. I used it a lot when I was playing in an R&B band. The Gibson knockoffs are very pricey now. Some say they were made better than the actual Gibsons during that period.
I try to play everyday, usually an hour or two. Gotta keep up the chops for my weekly jazz gig. I use a Boss RC-20XL Looper and record harmony, then play melody or solos over it. It's great for practicing time as well.

Ibanez, the number one Metal guitar, so many Metal bands use it.
Strange but true.

That Boss is cool, a guitarist I played with had that.

I like everything from Asia, the Animes, the movies, the culture and the instruments. My chinese Stagg bass sounds oh so damn good. smile

I believe this is the Mel DTS is referring to...

http://images.45cat.com/mel-torme-limehouse-blues-pop-parade.jpg

big_smile

^^^
Hahaha As I said I don't know him.

Nah, I'm pretty sure DTS is actually referring to Mel Bay.  Mel Torme was a scat singer (zooba dooba doo bee bop a loo bee and all that jazz lol ).  I just thought I'd poke a little fun. big_smile

^^^
Well done. lol

LoudLon wrote:

Nah, I'm pretty sure DTS is actually referring to Mel Bay.  Mel Torme was a scat singer (zooba dooba doo bee bop a loo bee and all that jazz lol ).  I just thought I'd poke a little fun. big_smile

ak shit lonny your a kick in the ass haha but

Your way off my friend.... but mel bay did have sumfin to do with it for sure I have his tabs from the early 70s still in a box.. but it wasn't that Mel who got me into the bass

If not Mel Bay, then it's gotta be Mel Schacher from Grand Funk Railroad...?

Lonny you mf you knew all alaong that it was that monster dude my fav band when they were a 3 piece underground caveman music thunderin across the globe

You won but sorry I had no prize... but if you want I can give ya whats behind curtain number 4

With my luck, behind curtain #4 is your last bowel movement. lol

Incidentally, it was a guess.  Bay and Schacher are the only two bass players named Mel I've ever heard of. lol

Well your guess was way better than what was behind the curtain LOL

cool not many Mel bass players out there BUT you got it man I knew someone would.

LoudLon wrote:

With my luck, behind curtain #4 is your last bowel movement. lol

Incidentally, it was a guess.  Bay and Schacher are the only two bass players named Mel I've ever heard of. lol

Lonny, let me ask you a ?
did you really know it might be Schacher or did you fuckin you folded and searsrched for gfr or whatever.

Hey your the best but theres no fuckin way you knew that one LOL

Had to look up his last name (I kept thinking "Schaeffer" and I knew that wasn't right lol ) but yeah, I knew the bass player for GFR was named Mel and that he's considered one of the greats, at least from that era.

FYI -- movies are my first love, but music is a really close second.  If it's from the 70s, 80s or 90s, chances are I'm at least vaguely familiar with it.

I hear ya my man... you are a real entity in this website

thanks for the connections I liked it much man

You are probably the only real left hesr not counting me lol

Mark Don & Mel

they did it a garage band the wole fuckin world heard of

they are in the evolution of mankind!

That band Kiss , ismt in it cause they just plain sucked!

nope gene can suck my cock for 499.56

actually I would never let him suck my cock........

But that freaki with a star i bet hes good at suckin dick@Q

there image is totally uppisite to their reality

i hate this band i always have

Kiss is a BRAND...not a band.

Never liked 'em.

right on getken... join the Ihatekissarmy smile
and JB is absolutely right again!

Best garage band ever is Motorhead. Nothing can ever sound as garage as them, not even the darkest unknown south-polinesian Punk act. lol

And I like Kiss' first album, period.