Topic: My Scottish Horror Feature - Lord of Tears

Just wanted to share with you guys the film I wrote and helped produce! (I being Sarah, an Irish writer of horror films living in Scotland). smile

Lord of Tears a supernatural chiller inspired by celtic legends and gothic ghost stories. Here's a still!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maes656K3I1qkeepto1_500.jpg

Lord of Tears tells the story of James Findlay, a school teacher plagued by recurring nightmares of a mysterious and unsettling entity.  Suspecting that his visions are linked to a dark incident in his past, James returns to his childhood home, a notorious mansion in the Scottish Highlands, where he uncovers the disturbing truth behind his dreams, and must fight to survive the brutal consequences of his curiosity…

And the latest trailer... https://vimeo.com/60118572

The film is basically complete so we're just about to start the turbulent journey towards distribution!

I'd love to hear what you think!

Re: My Scottish Horror Feature - Lord of Tears

I almost slagged you until I checked that you've been here for a bit and have previously posted.

Funky, Owlman has a similar look/feel to Slendy.   I liked the look of the trailer, good cinematography, though the credits/title cards were a bit dark.  I am intrigued.  Keep us posted, and good luck on the distribution.

Thanks for sharing.... the trailer looks really awesome, it makes me wanna see it. Nice film quality, but I have no idea on the audio, but it looks cool and now I'm interested in it to see what the hell its about!

Can you post it on youtube or some other site, or maybe dailymotion?  Vimeo asks you to DL a codec, and I have trust issues. lol

really? I just went there and it played no probs

Aw, crap, y'know what?  I was thinking veehd.  Disregard.

OK since its you, I;ll disregard lol

azathoth wrote:

I almost slagged you until I checked that you've been here for a bit and have previously posted.

Funky, Owlman has a similar look/feel to Slendy.   I liked the look of the trailer, good cinematography, though the credits/title cards were a bit dark.  I am intrigued.  Keep us posted, and good luck on the distribution.

Haha yes I've trodden the boards and will continue too! I've sorta hidden in the horror shadows til now but I'm wanting to get more involved with some like-minded folk smile And yeah Slendy was definitely an inspiration - but then I've always been a fan of Victorian-dressed nightmare figures. I like my monsters dapper smile Will deffo keep you posted!

DemonToSome wrote:

Thanks for sharing.... the trailer looks really awesome, it makes me wanna see it. Nice film quality, but I have no idea on the audio, but it looks cool and now I'm interested in it to see what the hell its about!

Thanks for watching and glad you like the look of it! And yeah the trailer is a bit on the abstract side ha - it's quite a classic narrative really - with just a few surreal, trippy bits. smile

LoudLon wrote:

Can you post it on youtube or some other site, or maybe dailymotion?  Vimeo asks you to DL a codec, and I have trust issues. lol

Sure thing - here ya go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SkJB9OP8Po Stoopid Vimeo - sorry bout that!

Thanks for watching all! I know I'm a newb so it is appreciated! smile

Man I need to cut back on the smileys...

smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol smile big_smile lol

You were saying?  lol

Bahaha thanks for that - I feel positively conservative now tongue

Nice looking trailer! Some cool locations and the cinematography looks great. Good luck!

Checked out the trailer and yes, it looks promising.  I'm digging the cinematography; it has a cold feeling to it that I think works very well.  When's it due out?

Also, I'm a screenwriter myself and would love to take a look at your script.  We don't get a lot of "foreign" (read: not American) scripts here in the states.  I'm interested to see the differences between how we do it and how you do it (still talking about screenplays -- minds out of the gutter, folks).

I'l try to keep my mind a half a crawl outta the gutter but just to let ya know as ya probably already do, I slip very easily tongue

Sweet looking trailer. Very well shot (crisp and clean), Owl Man look creeeepy...

Thanks for sharing!

getken wrote:

Nice looking trailer! Some cool locations and the cinematography looks great. Good luck!

Cheers getken! Best of luck with your project too!

LoudLon wrote:

Checked out the trailer and yes, it looks promising.  I'm digging the cinematography; it has a cold feeling to it that I think works very well.  When's it due out?

Well it's up for pre-order via a Kickstarter campaign right now - we're hoping to raise funds to do a heap of marketing/enter it into fests with the hope of securing some kind of distribution. I'll keep you updated on progress! Here's the link to the kickstarter if anyone is interested but I don't wanna pressure you guys tongue http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/law … d-of-tears

LoudLon wrote:

Also, I'm a screenwriter myself and would love to take a look at your script.  We don't get a lot of "foreign" (read: not American) scripts here in the states.  I'm interested to see the differences between how we do it and how you do it (still talking about screenplays -- minds out of the gutter, folks).

Well I can't say that I 'do it' like other Europeans wink but sure DM me your email and I'll send you the script! Gotta warn you it's not the prettiest thing in the world since I wrote it knowing we would be shooting it. Some of the descriptions etc can be a little functional.

Underdog wrote:

Sweet looking trailer. Very well shot (crisp and clean), Owl Man look creeeepy...

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for watching - glad you liked it!

@Lordy-
Remind me in about 20-30 days, hopefully I'll have a functional job by then to send you $s.  (Yes, you too, Acey.)

Very nice job on the trailer. The Owl dude rules.
Very nice images too.
Good luck with it, I stuck it on my watchlist and shared it all over the place. smile

LordofTears wrote:

DM me your email and I'll send you the script!

My username, at yahoo.com. smile

I just checked the preview, it really looks great. Can't wait to check it out.

azathoth wrote:

@Lordy-
Remind me in about 20-30 days, hopefully I'll have a functional job by then to send you $s.  (Yes, you too, Acey.)

That's awful kind of ya azathoth! Will do smile

kXnPunk wrote:

Very nice job on the trailer. The Owl dude rules.
Very nice images too.
Good luck with it, I stuck it on my watchlist and shared it all over the place. smile

kXnPunk you are a legend among men!! Cheers very much for that! smile

Theli wrote:

I just checked the preview, it really looks great. Can't wait to check it out.

Thanks Theli!! Glad you liked it - yay!

And LoudLon I'll send thatover to ya pronto smile

Cheers all - really encouraged by your responses!

Last edited by LordofTears (2013-02-22 21:28:22)

Just pledged a few bucks, i hope it works out, best of luck.

Theli wrote:

Just pledged a few bucks, i hope it works out, best of luck.

Aww cheers man! Very much appreciated! smile We'll keep ya posted on progress!!

Please do.  I started reading the script earlier (thanks, by the way) and while it may be a shooting script, the dialogue is really good.  The opening dialogue alone I thought was just fantastic; I hope your actors do it justice. smile

LoudLon thanks very much!! It means a lot that a fellow writer likes it smile I really wanted to make the owl man dialogue extra poetic and otherworldy.

We ended up getting David Schofield to play that part and he did an amazing job with it. Got to meet him too which was cool! (He was the darts player in An American Werewolf in London and Falco in Gladiator amongst other things.)