Topic: Oscars 2013

2 more days and one of the best movie shows gets on.

I really have a damn hard time to chose, first because I haven't seen any of these yet and second because my 2first  choices are movies that are with amazing actors/actresses that I've ALWAYS loved.
Anne Hathaway and one of the best book I've EVER read Les Misérable from Victor and Silver Linings Playbook because just everything I've seen, heard or read about make me think woah damn that's gotta be an amazing one.

So I'll go with Les Miz.

What are your different thoughts???
Can't wait to read 'em. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-23 01:50:56)

Re: Oscars 2013

I'm very happy that 2 Montreal films are nominated.
Rebelle [War Witch]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIgWvpFel10
It looks insane and the little girl is freaking amazing from what I've seen from it [a whole bunch, the medias are crazy about it and show us a lot].
We have some good ones at the Oscars normally, like Incendies a few years back. So that's very cool.

There's also a short film made by a guy that we see very often on VRAK TV, a teenage stuff channel [well, not only teens, Vampires Diaries is on this so], Yan England. Very cool too. I've seen it and it's great.
Henri
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RKh--NWZrU
Go Quebec Go!!! lol

Oh yeah, happy me, tonight's the night that all true film addicts look for which I am.

I'm surprised that nobody else but me replies to this thread. Looks like I'm the only one looking forward to this. Strange roll

I'm never really interested in the Oscars.

I really only watch horror movies, and as the only horrific thing at those awards are the looks on the faces of the losers, it doesn't really interest me! big_smile

i also have no interest in the oscars anymore. haven't done for years. it does not  mean anything to anybody outside the industry and certainly does not go with  the  cinema going publics choices. you can pretty much predict who is going to win the minute the lists are made public. meh!

Yeah. I, for the most part, concur with the main statement of the above posts. The Oscars don't serve as an interest for me too much. I haven't watched them in quite a few years, actually. I'd like to see Django Unchained get some awards though, just because I dig Tarantino.

Yeah, I'm totally apathetic and unconcerned about this self-congratulatory ceremony of a load of luvvies back-slapping each other and bawling their eyes out as if they're life-saving doctors or heroic pilots or something. It's a galling exercise in self-promotion and mutual brown-nosing by a load of entitled overpaid and over-pampered darlings. I selected Life of Pi from your poll KXn Punk - I've seen all the nominations but the only one I enjoyed was Life of Pi. I'd be happy if that swept the board but where's 'Flight'?

Life of Pi was superb so I hope it wins at least one award tonight...

I loved both Django Unchained and Argo.  Both are excellent flicks, highly enjoyable and served up with absolutely no pretetiousness whatsoever.  I have no idea who's been nominated this year but if DiCaprio (fantastic in Django) and Affleck (good as the lead of Argo but his direction was perfect) aren't among them, I don't think I'll bother.

I've never been interested in the Oscars, but personally I think best film (or whatever it's titled) should go to Django Unchained. Every performance was brilliant and Tarantino took on a tough plot that deals with racism, but yet had great comedic moments and then made it serious when he had to.

So that's my pick.

Haven't watched the Oscars in years and won't anytime soon. The last good film to win a Oscar was Black Swan.

if there was any justice " Django Unchained" would win but we all know it won't, although Christophe Waltz  should win best supporting actor desevedly for the second time.

So exciting to be watching the Red Carpet now, 20 minutes away from the show!  I hope Les Miserables, Adele and Lincoln win all the awards!

Glad that QT won best original screenplay atleast! I was kinda surprised Argo won best picture even tbough I was sure Django would get snubbed. I thought Amour or Life of Pi would get it. Argo was well done in every aspect but tje story overall just wasn't that compelling to me when compared to Django or Lincoln.

Was a cool show this year too.
Captain Kirk's We saw your boobs' bit made me laugh so freaking hard. lol

I'm VERY HAPPY for Jennifer Lawrence!!!
The girl's got talent so it's paying off lately which I enjoy seeing. smile

Even if she always have trouble when she goes to grab her prices. She can surely make it up as she does in her speeches.

WTF were all these white dresses this year???

Damn and WHERE THE H3LL WAS THE CLEAVAGE WERE USED TO???
http://guyspeed.com/oscars-2013-hottest … my-awards/

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-25 07:09:54)

MWAHAHAHAHA SHE IS JUST fantastic. Awesome totally.
Jennifer Lawrence for president. lol

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/09/618x687/wenn20163348.jpg

Mwahaha was so damn hilarious what Fallon did tonight.
He took actors shots and said we could make everybody look stone if we press the button at the right time. Clooney's and Day-Lewis' were the best.

This guy should definitely host next year, he's awesomely funny.

What he said to Kate Upton tonight was freaking HILARIOUS. Still laughing it now, 2 hours after. lol

no big surprises here for me.  Daniel Day-Lewis won for best actor...as I was hoping but he was the HEAVY favorite (something like 1-28 for anyone who took the bet).  Christoph Waltz won for best supporting actor, and Tarantino took it for best original screenplay.  That's all I was interested in this year.
Although, like I've mentioned on this board, as much as I liked Django Unchained (a lot!), I did feel like the wheels could have easily come off this project. I'm really happy that QT won best screenplay and can't wait to see what he'll do next...but he'll have to stay sharp for his next picture because he got away with one here.

^ I think I know what you mean about DU, with the odd and out of place comedic moment and some unusual soundtrack choices I felt. But It really all came together in the end and I loved the hell out of it...great film!