Topic: Trying to remember a movie and its name

I watched the movie in the mid-2000's. Around 2005-2006ish? The basic plot of the movie had a group of people (shocker right?!) who visit this house in the middle of nowhere. If I'm not mistaken one of the people might've said they knew who owned the house or it was their family's house or something along those lines. The group is investigating whether the property is haunted or not and set up equipment to capture footage of it. Stuff starts going down and some try to escape but something or someone had messed up their cars so they couldn't go anywhere. If I'm not mistaken it ends up being that one of the people actually had brought the rest of the group to this house so his dead ghost family or something could feed on them and that's what the person does when bringing people to the house.

I know it sounds like the most generic movie but I found it to be one of those very low-budget horror flicks that is funny at times at how bad stuff is! I've been desperately trying to find this movie for a while so if someone could help me I'd be extremely grateful!

Also, I might be wrong, but the cover might've just had a shot of the house on the plot of land with a tree next to it.

Thanks!

Re: Trying to remember a movie and its name

Kinda sounds like the re-make of 13 Ghosts but it had a decent budget.

I don't think I've seen this movie, and the only two I've come up with so far that sound similar are:

The St. Francisville Experiment (2000) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218625/
Death of a Ghosthunter (2007) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160317/?ref_=sr_1

I know they aren't quite the right year, but often that is one of the more difficult things to pin down. Hope they help, if not someone will get the right answer eventually! We're good like that wink

I know it's not St. Francisville Experiment, that was about a professor with some students trying to prove if a house if haunted.

It could be Death of a Ghosthunter, it does line up fairly well.  Not exactly, but fairly close.

Not seen it but could it be Haunted House (Video 2004)?

Two filmmakers enlist four college students to partcipate in exploring a haunted house, while being filmed. The Filmmaker's plan goes awry when a malevolent ghost is awakend from an ancient slumber.

Last edited by BASSI (2013-02-24 10:33:38)

I will try to look into these movies today and will report back on my findings! Thanks!

The latter half of your description sounds a lot like 'Garden of Love'.

I looked into 13 Ghosts and St. Francisville Experiment but neither seemed to be the one I was looking for. I'll have to look into Haunted House and Death of a Ghosthunter, let's hope one of those is what I'm looking for!