Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

azathoth wrote:

edit- for some reason, I think Lon is going to disagree with me on this one.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 44#p640344

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 45#p640345

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 94#p640394

lol

Argo

PERMANENT RECORD 1988
A young Neo Reeves into a very touching and funny movie about a musician which is his best buddy that commits suicide.
Freaking amazing good old eighties drama fun. And that girl's song at the end is just utterly beautiful. 8/10

Haha...bad monkey memory.

Watched Waynes World I forgot how awesome this movie is.

Kill Bill Vol. 1     10/10
Kill Bill Vol. 2      9/10

ALMOST FAMOUS on TV now.
A freaking MASTERPIECE this movie is and it's full of amazing actresses. H3LL, Anna Paquin, Zooey Deschanel, Fairuza Balk, Frances McDormand and the awesome Kate Hudson which delivers the best performance she has ever done. A classic, Crowe is a brilliant director.
666.666.666/10

I really dug that movie.  Got to see it for free; won tickets off a radio station when I lived in Canada by naming all three songs and their respective artists playing at the same time (Paradise City by Guns 'n Roses, Hide by Colin James and Good Man Feeling Bad, by Tom Cochrane big_smile ).  Really enjoyed it -- especially the scene on the bus where they all sing Tiny Dancer.

Great flick.

Oh that's cool!!!
One scene I really love is when they're in the plane. lol
So freaking funny. And the end when he goes to his home, wonderful.

I think what impressed my ex about me winning those tickets most of all was that I was from the states, and I knew both Colin James AND Tom Cochran, plus two obscure songs of theirs. lol

Really like that bus scene too, Lon.

^^^ Saw Dave Grohl on a talk show one night (Letterman, I think) where he said he wanted to recreate such a moment for the studio audience, so he took the stage and sang Tiny Dancer with the audience.  Thought that was really cool of him.

I should check that out later.

It's definitely a great song. And the way they did it in the movie is just beyond words. smile

10,000 BC

Eh, liked it for what it was. Roland Emmerich everyone. 5/10

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

The Peanut Butter Solution (1985) - I dug this up after haveing very vague memories of it as a small child. I remebered maybe two scenes frok the whole movie. It was nice to see it again and its very different, strange and fun little flick.

7/10

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

10,000 BC

Eh, liked it for what it was. Roland Emmerich everyone. 5/10

CAAAMILLA BELLE and the awesome Sabertooth guy. Always loved this film.

Funny cause now on TV there's another CAAAMILLA BELLE's movie, the amazingly great PUSH with sweet Dakota Fanning and that human torch actor Evans. Another great 2009 movie. What a crazy year, very few that were bad from then. Crazy story about people with abilities. Freaking cool abilities. Rad bad guys. Really amazing performances by my lovely Dakota and Camilla. 666/10

Snitch

Shakes the Clown....that's mainstream, right?

^^^
No idea, haven't seen. YET!!! big_smile

THE MAJESTIC
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268995/

What an amazing movie. Fantastic performance by Carrey, Laurie Holden, Landau and all the others. Fabulous storyline and dialogs.
And the soundtrack OH MAN WOOOAAAHHH!!! Especially the song right after the get the statue out, before the opening. Wondeful cabaret jazz like I love. And the opening, with none other than the extraordinary Street Car Named Desire. Should watch it back I love this flick.

So yeah, those that never saw it should do right now. It's brilliant.
666.666.666/10

@Punk, I love The Majestic, man. I've always been fan (since when it first came out, that is). Great cast, solid script/writing, etc. Plus, being a massive Jim Carrey fan, I found it an easy film to appreciate.

^^^
Carrey is the best canadian actor ever made in the universe for me. Too good in everything he does. Man, The Mask, woaaah how can you not worship him. big_smile

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Carrey is the best canadian actor ever made in the universe for me. Too good in everything he does. Man, The Mask, woaaah how can you not worship him. big_smile

Ssssmokin'!!

Shogun Assassin 2 - Very slow paced, but in the end, the payoff is worth it. Great final battle, the cool thing about Ogomi Itto that sets him apart from other action movie characters is that in other action flicks there is always tbat one bad guy or villian that is actually tough enough to put up a fierce fight against the hero. Thats not been the case so far in this series, Ogami dispatches his enemies quickly with very little effort...he is pure bad ass!!

8/10

Life of Pi (2012) - A very different and truely great adventure flick...Ang Lee almost redeems himself after HULK.

8/10