Topic: Now THIS is a movie-going experience...

New "Luxury" movie theatre near Chicago. Digital 4K Sony picture and sound on every screen, and a restaurant that serves an 8LB Hamburger....

Windows Media needed for this vid,

http://video.wgntv.com/global/video/pop … g=homepage

Re: Now THIS is a movie-going experience...

Wow.. now that is a theater.. I wonder how much it will be after there opening though.. Looks like they will probably charge a pretty penny for a ticket.. I wonder if they let you bring the booze with you into the theater...

We have a theatre here in Wichita that has waitresses bring you burgers and beer.
Warren theatre downtown. (I haven't been to that one)
http://www.filmguru.net/filmlog/labels/Wichita.html

I cant watch the video on this computer.   Where exactly near Chicago is this theater going to be James?

It's built. Rosemont, right across from the Convention center. Website is www.muvico.com

They had a preview night this weekend, they open for business on the 14th. Really incredible. I've seen some upscale theatres before, but this one blows them away.

That theatre in Country Club Hills you mentioned - that the AMC?

Nevermind it's in Rosemont, I got the video to work.

Looks alright, but Bogarts is expensive and it sounds like you cant drink in the movie itself.  No fun.

I still prefer Hollywood Blvd Cinema in suburban Woodridge.  Full bar in the lobby, you sit at tables in comfortable computer chairs, and you have a waitress with a full food and drink menu.  You can drink alcohol in the theater and order tons of food.  Every food items have a movie or actress themed title such as Lord of the Onion Rings or The Arnold Schwarzenburger, and they have a full list of signature "Rat Pack" martini's.
http://atriptothemovies.com/index.php?src=

And yes the Country Club Hills theater I saw hatchet at was the AMC out there.

I've been to the AMC in CCH, as well as Hollywood Blvd. I'm still going to check out the Muvico. Bogarts is expensive, but as a once-in-awhile thing, it's ok. I'm seriously thinking about having some friends chow down on one of those 8 pound burgers. My wife is a vegetarian, so she'll just have to watch.

You can always cut your wife a part of it, and just put the burger patty from it on your to make your own personal double.  lol

But there are some nice theaters around chicago.  I grew up in Tinley so I used to always go to Marcus Orland or AMC Country Club Hills.  But now that I live in the loop downtown I usually am at AMC Reiver East.  I like that theater.  It's nice. 

I will definately check out Muvico when i get a chance. Any idea how much tickets run there?

the biggest extravagance the cinema i go to is the dragons lair arcade game which is enough for me but compared to the cinemas you guys go to doesn't seem like much.