Re: Justified

^^
The part about Arlo that had me thinking-  "You'll be dead by tomorrow, or maybe Saturday (Sunday?)."  What the hell is going on?!

Wonder Twin powers, activate!  Shape of...a SPOILER:

Keep in mind Theo Tonin has men searching for this Drew fellow, too, and their search will undoubtedly lead them to Arlo, who has somehow involved.  Once that happens, Tonin will likely have some inmate or corrupt guard get the info from Arlo and then kill him. 

That's why Raylan went to Arlo with that deal; work with Raylan to find Drew before Tonin does, and Raylan will see to it that Arlo spends the rest of his sentence in a more comfy prison.  But Arlo turned him down, which leaves him an open target for Tonin.  Hence Raylan's comment to Arlo that he'll probably be dead soon.

END SPOILER

^^
Ah, missed that little point there.  There has to be more to Drew than has been let on so far; way to much drama over this guy.

Have you checked out last week's episode yet, Az?  There's a bit near the end that is just plain bad-ass!

Oh yeah, I had a post all set up, then something happened.

Are you talking about the Raylan-hitman showdown?  I swear you could park a mini-gun in front of him and he'd be all, "Yep, I need some coffee."  Though I appreciated the Dairy Queen bit.  WTF???  Local drug lord to pushing out Oreo Blizzards? lol

Best line-
"I hope I got that right."

edit- that floating head by itself is freaky.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-03-03 08:02:48)

I'm glad you've seen it, because I made a gif of that moment and have been waiting to use it. 

SPOILER ALERT!  AVOID THE GIF BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPISODE YET!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/Animated/Jeez_zps0ac1b24d.gif

He's such a bad-ass! lol

Never seen that one but reading you guys make me wanna desperately see it. Looks great from what I found online about it. Downloading a few first season ones now. Thanks.

And man, Olyphant has always been a badass, Hitman, Stop-Loss, The Crazies and Number 4 were great over the top performances. Can't wait to see that, looks amazing from what I came across.

Lon FOR THE WIN!

Punk- And I only started on the 2nd season and got hooked.

I can't say enough how excellent a show it is, Punk.  Seriously, among the very best on TV right now.  The First season was one of the better first seasons of any show I've seen short of Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.  And -- no exaggeration whatsoever -- it's only gotten better with each subsequent season. 

I tend to be very picky about what I use as an avatar.  Only the most bad-ass of the bad-ass for me, yo.  So the fact that I'm using Olyphant's character from that show right now should tell you something. lol

^^^
First season ep. 1 & 2 téléchargement finished. Gonna watch this when I wake up this PM.

And yeah recognized the avatar right when I saw stuff 'bout it online. That dude ROCKS!!! Love him to Death. smile

Thanks again for this thread, I'm sure I'll enjoy.

Holy shit.  Never would have guessed, didn't have a clue, did not see that coming.

That is all.

Well man, I was truely AMAZED!!! So much that I grebbed a few more.
He is just so great it's insane. Enjoy very, very much.

S4/E9-
Oh, fawwwkkkkkk!!!!

There are going to be ISSUES!

And dang, there were too many great lines to list.

Olyphant was on Fallon last night.

With Timberlake and freaking Dee Snyder. Weird.

But he was just great, what a guy. Oh and they showed a few minutes of the next Justified. Sweet.

I've seen Olyphant in a few things over the years -- stuff like Scream 2, Catch and Release, The Crazies and a couple other things -- and thought he was a good actor and all, but I didn't really get into his work until I started watching Justified.  Now I seek out stuff he's appeared in, even if it's stuff I'm not typically interested in.  But while I'm sure he still has a long career ahead of him I think Givens is going to end up being his signature role, the one he'll be best remembered for.

Nothing wrong with that; it's a great role, on a great show.

^^
Nope, not a bad role to be remembered for.  Gibson had his Mad Max and Riggs from Lethal Weapon, Willis has John McClane, Connery has Zardoz.  All fine police characters.  And I didn't realize he played a US Marshal in Deadwood.

AND ALSO a badass HITMAN!!!
What a great game, what a great movie.
He was stupid as mad not to fuck Olga Kurylenko though.
She was all naked ready for it. Come on Agent 47...

S4E11, 3/19/13-
Oh, cleverness abounds in this episode!
Pooh, Raylan didn't create any havoc.  But Bob rocked!  I guess the shootout will be next week.

Best line-  "Drewbacca."   lol

"What happened?"
"What happened is Bob's one tough son of a bitch."
lol

So glad Patton Oswalt hasn't been used as cheap comic relief.  I worried about that when I first learned he would be joining the cast this season but they've kept him in check really well so far, and Constable Bob makes for a fun but interesting character.

3/27/2013-
Kind of a boring episode.  Only 83 people died, and the T-Rex was way over the top.

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/149/e676af92ffe149d3b5e91d1a63e80bb4/l.jpg

Last edited by azathoth (2013-03-27 16:31:16)

lol

Yeah, kind of an interim episode this time but I'm looking forward to whatever Boyd's got in store for us next episode.  So far all the season enders in this show have been slam-bang and left you drooling for the next season.

Concur.  Methinks that the previews shown are about 10% of the shit about to go down.  Then we have to find another show to watch... sad .

Well, Game of Thrones is back this Sunday night, so there's that.

As for the FX channel, I forget what show takes over at 10pm on Tuesdays after each season of Justified. hmm

Summer seasons of stuff never seem as good as the fall/winter/spring stuff.  But then, we do have the baseball.

Well, there goes another season.  The finale put a couple irons in the fire for next season but overall, while this fourth season had a lot of memorable moments, overall it felt lacking.  The whole "get Drew" thing aside, this season could have used a strong central villain (like last season's and season 2's) and a main plotline to hang the subplots from.  Instead we have all these little strings of stories without a knot to pull them all together.  But hell, even a weak season of Justified is better than 90% of everything else out there.

Looking forward to season 5, but not looking forward to the nine months we're going to have to wait for it. hmm