Topic: Freddy's Nightmares - some of the most bizzare stuff that went on

I was watching some of the main documentary of Never Sleep Again of the DVD I got up to the Welcome to Prime Time talk about the Freddy's Nightmares tv show.

Holy crap I never knew how bizzare some of the episodes got and how gory they got to be such as Freddy coming out of a guy's stomach where the guy is kind of naked in bed where he was trying to get it on with a woman. The director who did that episode of Freddy's Nightmares they must have seen the Nightmare on Elm Street 2 movie way too much or something lol.

Back then I missed out on all of the episodes except a few such as the weird threesome cannibals and the weird Mime/Robber guy

Re: Freddy's Nightmares - some of the most bizzare stuff that went on

Its been so long since I've seen these shows I have very little memory of them.  When they came out I was a kid at the height if my Freddy craze, and I was absolutely ecstatic. 

I do remember TV Guide (pretty sure it was) did an article about the series, basically (from what I remember) slamming it for its gore.  I do remember, that the article made a sarcastic point that you had to have a drivers license to be killed on the series...meaning, the show boasted it wouldn't kill kids.  The article's point was that wasn't a great standard to brag about.  I was such a nerd I actually wrote a response to that (remember when we had paper / pens / mail smile) ripping apart the article, and mailed it in.  Got a response...funny, I shoulda kept it. 

Anyway...not the point I know, but it brought back memories.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-02-28 10:47:54)

Haven't seen many episodes but I would love to track them down and watch them. I'm a huge Freddy fan and I've heard a lot of good things about the series.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2013-02-28 14:42:54)

I realise I'm breaking the rules here but the only torrent I have ever been able to find is an horrible 79th gen (!) VHSRip, which, although is complete is like watching a video with the tracking set to eleven. It's utterly unwatchable. If anyone knows of a better quality torrent then please please please please drop me  a private message.

^^^ You've not broken any rules.  It's okay to talk about torrents; it's just not okay to post links or websites URLs for them. smile

I don't recall seeing show.  Read somewhere that there was a commercial that ran with the show for a 1-900 number to talk to "Freddy" or something.  Part of the commercial was "Kids, get your permission first!"  Now that sounds bizarre.

Yeah, I wasn't sure, it's just that the one I pirated is a terrible migraine-inducing TVRip which hurts my eyes. It's pixelated and cloudy and totally the sort of image quality that would make you long for the days when these were actually released in local video shops. The one video cover that always sticks out in my memory is the one where Freddy has a glove where the knives are syringe needles and he's dressed like a surgeon. Even though they were released on video over here I have no idea whether they were complete or what?

Anyone know if this series was ever made into a dvd box set or have they all just vanished into thin air?

And when I say thin air, what I mean is a dusty shelf in some warehouse somewhere or another! big_smile

There was a region 2 DVD released a while back, doesn't look like a Region 1 was, though.

Also, check your PMs.

Cheers mate, sadly that's the same download I grabbed ages ago which looked like shit. Thanks for trying Azzy. By all accounts the episodes are piss poor anyway so it's only my completist nature that impels me to see each and EVERY episode!!! Yeah, I have a bad case of OCD when it comes down to Freddy related stuff! big_smile
If anyone on here did watch them on their original broadcast dates I'd be interested to hear your takes on them.

Check your PMs again. smile

Lon and his "Secret Stash."

I should have my own TV show. big_smile

Maybe throw some comic book knowledge in there while you're at.  smile

Got plenty of that, too. lol

Oh what???
Wow!!!
That's a very interesting discovery that they did a TV show. Didn't know.
Ah man, this forum is such a ressourceful spot for grabbing infos about just about anything. Sweet. smile

^^^ For the most part it was just another rehash of Twilight Zone or Tales from the Darkside, except hosted by Freddy.  A couple decent episodes here and there (especailly the one where a chick is decapitated running across the finish line at the end of a race) but otherwise, enh.

Thanks, more info in my head because of you. YAY!!!
*kXnPunk dances

You know, somewhere, in some Thread here, someone had a link posted to one of the episodes on Youtube.  I watched part of it.  Not sure if its still there or not (on Youtube).

Freddy's Nightmares was a mixed bag. The sets and lighting looked extremely cheap with those neon ligthing effects. Freddy only actually participated in a few episodes , he's mostly a narrator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAfTnkdKuxw

Last edited by fmvgamer (2013-04-19 23:55:22)

I've got all 44 episodes that I transferred to dvd when Chiller aired them about 6 or 7 years ago. I actually put each episode on it's own disc to avoid compression problems.  Right after I got them all Chiller started airing them again but in edited versions. I need to make up a set of these to trade with fans....

There were 44 episodes?  Wow.