Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Stay Alive - it's entertaining and I love the plot but I wish it wasn't so damn tame. 6/10

24,777

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

DARK SHADOWS 2012 rewatch

Man, wonder why I didn't like it the first time. In fact I slapped myslef all the time I watched it back. H3LL it's pure Burton and just great. Depp is like he ALWAYS is, brilliant and well, miss Pfeiffer, Moretz, Green and Boham Carter are fabulous. The rest of the cast is too.

Wild story, a very funny cool and all Vampire flick. 666/10

THE BLEEDING 2009

I love Vinnie Jones, always did, he's a very good actor and his Vamp was great. Same for Madsen. So this was pretty cool. Not over the top but just pretty fun to see. Cool story, eggects and cinematography I've found. 8/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-28 05:45:02)

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Slumber Party Massacre 9/10
Humanoids From The Deep 8/10
Shark Night 6/10 I actually kind of liked it.

24,779

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Possiession (2012) great movie !

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Creature (2011)  5/10

Currently watching The Initiation (1984)

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Re-watch 10/10

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Yesterday I saw:

High Tension - thought it was a fantastic excercise in building tension/suspense. Not sure how I feel about the ending, but overall I thought it was great and it actually had me getting tense at one point, which doesn't happen with many films!

Martyrs - bloody hell, that was brutal and completely draining. Can't remember watching a film before that made me feel like I'd sat through an endurance test. It was incredible though, but I'm not sure I'd ever watch it again.

Tucked & Dale vs. Evil - I needed something to lighten the mood after Martyrs! So decided to give this a go and totally surprised myself by liking it as much as I did. Thoroughly enjoyed it, I think I picked the perfect time to watch it to be honest because it was just what I needed.

24,783

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I liked High Tension and Tucker and Dale quite a bit, but Martyrs left me wanting.  I didn't find it the gruelling endurance test most folks do.  I was loving it right up to the flip, then there's a complete and total change in story, theme and thrust and suddenly it felt like someone switched reels to a different movie.  It purports to be a message flick but ultimatley I thought the message was hackneyed and didn't make a lot of sense.  I would have preferred it finished the revenge storyline it started with; the second half could have been another movie altogether -- and one I wouldn't have bothered watching.

Oh well.  Two out of three ain't bad. big_smile

24,784

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Children 5.5/10

24,785

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Rubber's Lover

24,786

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Awakening (2011). 7/10.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-03-02 07:08:04)

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Not exactly a horror film but a psychological fuck up tho
and I love psychological fucked up films

The Living And The Dead
about a schizophrenic teenager who ends up "taking care of his bedridden mother"
I had no idea what this movie was about when I bought it for cheap ass cheap... it was crazy done crazy crazy story and one fucked up psychological fuck up just like I like it... well almost... there were scenes that I thought went on too long but maube that was just to fuck me up I dont know!!

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Company of Wolves - Seen it a couple of times and love it more each time. There's just no other film like it. Utterly odd but such a unique mood - the production design, the practical effects,  the dialogue - just the best dark fairytale there is. 9/10

Totally agree with you on Martyrs, LoudLon - it felt like they crudely tacked on the message at the end to make the film seem worthy rather than the nihilistic torture-fest that it actually was. After a while I just got really bored of seeing her punched in the face.  If I'm gonna be made to feel icky and disturbed I want it to be for a really good reason - but Martyrs didn't have one in my opinion.

24,789

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

LordofTears wrote:

The Company of Wolves - Seen it a couple of times and love it more each time. There's just no other film like it. Utterly odd but such a unique mood - the production design, the practical effects,  the dialogue - just the best dark fairytale there is. 9/10

Totally agree with you on Martyrs, LoudLon - it felt like they crudely tacked on the message at the end to make the film seem worthy rather than the nihilistic torture-fest that it actually was. After a while I just got really bored of seeing her punched in the face.  If I'm gonna be made to feel icky and disturbed I want it to be for a really good reason - but Martyrs didn't have one in my opinion.

Well at least it attempted (and in my personal opinion) succeeded in being a better 'torture-fest' than stuff like the awful Hostel or Saw sequels. Now that is a stupid nihilistic torture fest that gets boring real fast. Martyrs in the context of other 'torture porn flicks' had in my opinion, in contrast deeper characters I could actually emphasize with, wonderful visuals and was MUCH smarter. It carries a profound messages throughout it's running time i thought, with for example the horrific vision the girl character sees at the start as a representation of her guilt of leaving another girl behind at the start. To me thats a more clever visual concept than showing a girls eyes being melted off her face or her tits ala Hostel.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Skull ( 1965) a lot slower than i remembered and a little dated but  still not too bad. 6/10

24,791

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I don't need a reason for torture to happen in a movie. I just need it to happen. Like in Martyrs or Hostel. Yeah I'm a fan of Hostel and loved these eyes melted off or her tits. But I enjoyed Martyrs a whole lot and found it entertaining from beginning to end. One of the best french torture flicks with Inside if you ask me.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Stay Alive - it's entertaining and I love the plot but I wish it wasn't so damn tame. 6/10

I loved Stay Alive.

I recently watched Paranormal Activity 4. Wasn't really impressed. They should have stopped at the third one and left it at a trilogy.

24,793

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Sinister (2012) 7.5/10

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Demons II (blu-ray)

I think Demons II is actually better than the original to be honest, it's that much fun! It's very funny, while keeping it ridiculous and scary at times. Of course has the bad dubbing which adds to it (for me). Overall, just another cheesy fun movie.

Rating: 7.9/10

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Initiation (1984) 6/10

I have Dolls waiting for me on Netflix.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Vasquez wrote:

Well at least it attempted (and in my personal opinion) succeeded in being a better 'torture-fest' than stuff like the awful Hostel or Saw sequels. Now that is a stupid nihilistic torture fest that gets boring real fast. Martyrs in the context of other 'torture porn flicks' had in my opinion, in contrast deeper characters I could actually emphasize with, wonderful visuals and was MUCH smarter. It carries a profound messages throughout it's running time i thought, with for example the horrific vision the girl character sees at the start as a representation of her guilt of leaving another girl behind at the start. To me thats a more clever visual concept than showing a girls eyes being melted off her face or her tits ala Hostel.

Oh yeah it beats Hostel hands down for sure - I agree. Just don't think it was as intellectually lofty as it hoped or pretended to be. At least it stirs debate though - that's gotta be a good thing I s'pose smile

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Add me to the list of those that think Rec 3 was great.

24,798

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

List that I'm part of since I saw it.
Gotta love a chainsaw girl. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-02 23:34:52)

24,799

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Henge (2011) - A bit of a let down, been wanting to check this one out for a while.  Starts off good and maintains that for the most part, but the ending is just too far out there.  2.5/5

Mimic (1997) - Still a great flick.  4/5.

Exorcismus aka The Possession of Emma Evans (2010) - I actually liked it much better on the second viewing.  Wonder what I missed the first time around?  3.5/5.

Thale (2012) - Again, a bit of a let down.  I have been wanting to see this one for awhile and it didn't live up to my expectations.  Still it is something a little different.  3/5.

Phantom of Death (1988) - A decent little Italian thriller from Ruggero Deodato.  A couple of nice looking ladies and an interesting little twist, but overall kind of boring.  2.5/5.

Cradle of Fear (2000) - Started to watch it but it was so badly done, looked like a poorly done shot on VHS softocore video, that I had to switch it off.  0/5.

Last edited by alien25 (2013-03-03 00:36:53)

24,800

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Watched V/H/S a few days ago. Like others have said the segments in the film vary in quality, and I agree, but I liked them all at least somewhat. The wrap around story was a throw away, but it didn't really matter that much as that's not really the main reason for watching an anthology (though a good one is nice). I think the final segment. 10 / 31 / 98, is my favourite. Followed closely by The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger.