Re: My Scottish Horror Feature - Lord of Tears

Oh WOOOW man, freaking amazing!!!

The instant you referenced the the dart player in AAWIL I knew exactly who you were talking about.  That's awesome!

I just checked out the trailer and I have to say it looks really good. I particularly liked the sound quality, and that you didn't have anyone speaking in the trailer.

I'll be looking forward to checking this out, and I too will pledge to help if/when I get a proper job tongue

Well done x

Last edited by HorrorQueen17 (2013-02-25 22:50:04)

kXnPunk wrote:

Oh WOOOW man, freaking amazing!!!

smile Yeah we were so delighted he got on board! He's an absolute gent.

LoudLon wrote:

The instant you referenced the the dart player in AAWIL I knew exactly who you were talking about.  That's awesome!

Hehe yeah I reckon that's his most enduring role. So good. My favourite scene in that film. We made him say the line when we met him. tongue Real profesh I know haha.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

I just checked out the trailer and I have to say it looks really god. I particularly liked the sound quality, and that you didn't have anyone speaking in the trailer.

I'll be looking forward to checking this out, and I too will pledge to help if/when I get a proper job tongue

Well done x

Thanks so much! Delighted you like it! I'll tell Lawrie (the director/editor) you liked the sound - he spent ages perfecting all his sound effect layers smile He'll be chuffed!

Good luck with jobhunting for both our sakes hehe tongue

LordofTears wrote:

We made him say the line when we met him. tongue Real profesh I know haha.

Would've loved to be there. big_smile

Oooh Barbara Crampton tweeted about Lord of Tears!! (I'm sure you guys don't need elaboration but she's a minxy horror legend best known for roles in Re-Animator and From Beyond). Hope you don't mind me sharing this stuff here - I don't know any horror fans in real life to squee about it with ha.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5e3be27f4a4e72f42813ef66179aeaf1/tumblr_mj0pfv5cDj1rk6ugoo1_r1_1280.jpg

I'll also have some new owl man pics to share soon - we did a shoot with ol' owly the other day in a creepy abandoned hospital. Totally worth the asbestos exposure tongue

Nice!  LOVE Barbara Crampton.  I was very much looking forward to seeing her in Lords of Salem, 'til I learned her scenes had been cut (what the hell, Rob?).

LoudLon wrote:

Nice!  LOVE Barbara Crampton.  I was very much looking forward to seeing her in Lords of Salem, 'til I learned her scenes had been cut (what the hell, Rob?).

They've been cut?!! Noooo! Rob, Rob, Rob...

I'd LOVE to cast her in something some day. What a lady.

Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Wow. I would've been flying way high with a freaking HUGE smile on my face if I was you. lol

What the H3LL Rob, get her back in you hear me??? THAT'S AN ORDER!!!

What a lady indeed.

LordofTears wrote:

I'd LOVE to cast her in something some day. What a lady.

I'm not sure if you do this while writing, but I have a specific actor in mind for every character I write, even very minor roles.  I have a script about an evil house I'm working on and from day one I've envisioned Babs as the realtor, whose duty it is to sacrifice new tenants to the evil force in the house.  I think she'd be just perfect for it.

I'm 100% sure she would refuse to star in mine. lol

But everything I write, I have an actor/actress in mind too. Even novels.

Yep ditto guys! It's so much easier to write a character when you've got an actor playing them in your head for ya. 

LoudLon I like the sound of your script already. Immediately I think Hellraiser and Lair of the White Worm. I love me a good lady servant of evil smile And yep Babs sounds like a perfect choice. smile

You write novels kXnPunk? Very impressive. Feature scripts are about the limit of my writing stamina right now but one day I'd love to.

Oh and I got that new pic for ya! Few more to come I think but here's this for now!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e5f69b521d891ca5357d13619f3e6290/tumblr_mj28nlrnAB1rk6ugoo1_500.jpg

^^^
Trying to. smile
Gotta few short stories finished but I've been writing a Sci-Fi/Horror novel since a few years. Had 400 pages done already but my HD died and the story was gone totally, hadn't burned it on disc. But I'm back up to about 300 now and I kinda like what happened because the story is far cooler now 'cause I changed a lotta stuff in it. A bad for a good.
Be sure I now burn it. lol

THAT PICT IS UTTERLY DAMN GREAT!!! Thanks for posting it.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-02 23:30:46)

Gah that must have been sooo wrenching losing all your work!!! Good for you though that you can see the positives now - and that you went back and re-did it. A lot of folk would have just given up. I hope I get to read it some day! Sci-fi horror is my favourite. I can't get enough dystopia smile The novel I want to eventually write is in that genre too. Do you have your short stories online anywhere?

THAT WAS VERY IMPRESSIVE. I tip the hat I'm currently not wearing in your direction. Bravo.

LordofTears wrote:

Gah that must have been sooo wrenching losing all your work!!! Good for you though that you can see the positives now - and that you went back and re-did it. A lot of folk would have just given up. I hope I get to read it some day! Sci-fi horror is my favourite. I can't get enough dystopia smile The novel I want to eventually write is in that genre too. Do you have your short stories online anywhere?

Yeah, pretty much. But I'm always postive from now on, been awhile it's like this. I have an anti-depression shield and it's made with great extra-terrestrial metal that's un-go trough-able. And I'm far from a lot of other folk. lol

Woah yes DYSTOPIAAA!!! No but I gotta a few song lyrics/thoughts in the Poetic Corner thread ib Horror litterature. Check from latest to oldest and you'll hit one of them. smile

Man, everytime I look at the Owl man, I'm amazed by the way too coolness it has. Genius character look.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-03 21:20:02)

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

THAT WAS VERY IMPRESSIVE. I tip the hat I'm currently not wearing in your direction. Bravo.

Thank you kindly! Imaginary hat-tipping is my favrouite kind - it has a kind of mystery to it smile

kXnPunk wrote:

Yeah, pretty much. But I'm always postive from now on, been awhile it's like this. I have an anti-depression shield and it's made with great extra-terrestrial metal that's un-go trough-able. And I'm far from a lot of other folk. lol

Woah yes DYSTOPIAAA!!! No but I gotta a few song lyrics/thoughts in the Poetic Corner thread ib Horror litterature. Check from latest to oldest and you'll hit one of them. smile

Man, everytime I look at the Owl man, I'm amazed by the way too coolness it has. Genius character look.

You should market those anti-depression shileds - they'd sell like hot cakes!

Thanks for the kind comment re: owl man. I'm so happy folk seem to be liking the character - we really wanted to make a memorable villain smile

Off to go check out your writing now!

Oh he's very memorable I can assure you. Stuff nightmares are made of which is very cool. smile

Hope you'll come back in one piece after reading my stuff. It's well, it is. lol

It is a pretty cool visual.  Looks like an acid-flashback version of the killer from Soavi's Stage Fright.

^^
Thank you, I was trying to remember the name of that movie!

LoudLon wrote:

It is a pretty cool visual.  Looks like an acid-flashback version of the killer from Soavi's Stage Fright.

Yep total cult classic and one of the director's inspirations - deffo a reference for the creature. Probably the biggest inspiration for his look actually although we took him back a century or two. We spent a long time on artist sketches before deciding on a look for the owl man - the head especially - and then were very lucky to find a talented local artist to create the beast!

That was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw him, but Stage Fright is one of my all time favourite slashers, so too me that's a good thing. The long bony fingers are a great touch too.

Punk: man I can't imagine losing everything I've written (though most of it is unfinished or crap.). Anything that shows promise I will back up on disc. Though unlike the rest of you I don't imagine actors at all when I write a character. I build them from the ground up, mostly they're just voices in my head though. The visual description I just wing and try to match the character's personality.

I never used to imagine actors either but now cos of the way we do things I almost always know the actors who are going to play the parts I'm writing ha so it's helpful to hear them read the dialogue in my head, and sort of 'write to type'.  That's just for scripts though...

And I'm glad the Stage Fright comparison is a positive one for ya smile Our owly is like an olde worlde more dapper version ha.

Ps. I'll have a hilarious video to share later - last night the owl man went in search of victims on chatroulette tongue Most fun I've had in ages smile (Although pretty traumatising obviously hehe)

^^^
Ohhh can't wait to see it.
Anyways, the more I'll see from your movie, the better. Enjoying everything you've posted yet. Keep up the great stuff!!! smile

The dangers of chat roulette. You go in with such good intentions, but no one leaves without at least one penis shaped scar on their brain.