Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Last Man Standing (1996) - Love this flick, Willis is a totall badass in it. And the shootouts are well done and tense.
Good times!

8/10

Pathfinder (2007)
Re-watch 10/10

LEMMING
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0415932/

I love Charlotte Gainsbourg and Charlotte Rampling. Gainsbourg was freaking awesome in Antichrist and Melancholia to name a few.
And this is utterly crazy. Hallucinogenic story. Acid trip like totally. lol
9/10

Easy A

you know what I like about this?

its way better than skype cause it gets all craxy and the crazy dont be reral I like real even crazy real but fuck skype how the hell do ya expect me to keep up /// so there skyp I never paid I never will for a chat prog ... ICQ is more fun man

Ya oh man, I should get back to IRC and ICQ.
IRC is my fav. Still got shitloads of saved chats.
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ones. lol

Been on that since 1985. Ages.

ABANDON once more. Love this flick. Katie Holmes is definitely a hottie. Glad she's not with Cruise anymore. A better chance for me to grab her for a few nights. lol
8/10

http://img001.lazygirls.info/people/katie_holmes/katie_holmes_katieholmes_abandon_hkb164_IlUiJ33.sized.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-02 02:34:05)

TRANSFORMERS 2
2 things to say.

Megan Fox's cleveage and Bumblebee RULES ALL!!! Normal, he's a 2010 Camaro. lol

My favorite of them all.
Strange how many second movies of a serie I like best than anything else. Hostel, Underworld, Alien to name a few...

http://www.theawl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/picture-110.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-02 20:28:12)

Captain America: The First Avenger.  My all-time favorite superhero and one of my favorite Comic Books Movies.  I would have liked a bit more action, and some mention of Cap's eidetic memory and how it relates to his strategic/tactical expertise and how it enables him to memorize entire martial art forms at the drop of a hat, but I suppose I can wait 'til the sequel.  Mostly I just loved that while it may be an origin story, it's also a fully formed adventure, unlike a lot of superhero flicks which just features them getting their powers and then taking on their first villain.  It's a fully formed, self-contained story.  I dig that.

^^^
That was a very fun and cool one. Same as what I watched and am currently watching on TV. I love saturdays on my channel, they show a total of 5 movies every week. And this one's just amazing.

HANCOCK
Will Smith is so damn hilarious it's mad. Cool character really.
And boy, CHARLIZE THERON IS OH SOOO WONDERFUL!!! I dig this chick very much. Bateman was great too.
9/10

INTO THE WILD
Been waiting to see that one since it came out and tonight's the time.
What a freaking deliriously amazing cast it's ridiculous.
Hirsh, Hurt, Kristen Stewart, Catherine Keener and more.
And wow this story is so well written it rules. Awesome cinematography too, the images of the wild Yukon/Alaska are just sooo beautiful it's nuts. Loving it.
666/10

I couldn't get into Hancock. I applaud the film for a different type of superhero story, but something was off.

^^^ You should check out the original screenplay, called Tonight He Comes.  I thought the movie was okay (Bateman definitely makes the movie for me, that dude's worth his weight in gold IMO) but the original script was VERY dark.  The main thrust was about the same -- a good-hearted schmoe tries to help a Superman-type character with an attitude problem rebuild his public image -- but the major difference is that Hancock falls in love with the guy's wife, who spurns his advances, and, rejected, he goes after her husband and pretty much levels the city in the process.  It was a great read.

EDIT -- speaking of which, here it is if you're interested:
http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/imag … onight.pdf

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

but something was off.

That is what I liked. Hancock was DEFINITELY way off. lol

Oh LoudLon man, you rule. Very cool of you to make me enjoy an original screenplay, especially this one from a movie I gave 9/10 for.
No 666/10 but it wasn't worth it, not even 10 so maybe I'll give a 666/10 in my head to the screenplay you posted.

LoudLon for president!!! big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-03 01:24:00)

My first action after taking office:  free healthcare and BJ's for everybody. big_smile

^^^
WOOHOOO!!!
You get my vote. big_smile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/Animated/ChowYunFatthumbsup.gif

^^^
I'm actually chewing gum too but I don't look as cool as this. FAR from it. lol

Very, very few people look as cool doing ANYTHING as Chow Yun Fat.  Which is something he and I have in common. big_smile

^^^
Hahaha yeah I guess. Wait, no, I'm sure. lol

Man Into The Wild was such an incredibly wild movie as the title implies.
The most beautiful shots I've seen in the last few years. And I cried like a baby when he dies at the end. Woops spoiler.
RIP man, keep travelling and hunting where you're at now.

Very few real life story about people I dislike, VERY, very few. I'm a sucker for these. And this one is on top of my list. Normal, what a cast and performances just out of this damn stupid world. smile

OLD SCHOOL

"Blue, you are my Number 1"

Man I havn't watched Old School in years.I really should dig it up again.

Anyways just finished watching Thunderheart.I have always liked this movie plus Graham Greene is awesome.

Royal Tenenbaums
Desperado
Empire Records

All 10/10

Jaws!!!!! one of my favorites

Hard Target - One of my old favorites by Jon Woo. 8/10

Desperado (1995) - LOVE this flick...and Selma Hayek...*drools* 9/10

Have to be very selective with my soon-to-be-4-year-old niece around (read: no splattery horror flicks) so I've been watching a lot of superhero flicks lately (she loves 'em).  In the last two days we've watched Iron Man 2, X-2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand and, last night, Thor. 

Unfortunately I don't have enough superhero flicks to last another two weeks, and even a lot of the mainstream stuff I have is inappropriate for a kid that age (unless she can find some kind of infantile humor in Extreme Prejudice or Zodiac lol ).