Topic: Percy Rodriguez (JAWS trailer announcer) dead at 83

This actually happened a few days ago, but I just learned that actor Percy Rodriguez, known to most for his memorable voice-over on the trailer for JAWS passed away. He died of kidney failure, and his final job was appropriately voicing the trailer for the upcoming JAWS-doc The Shark is Still Working.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0735471/

Shark is Still Working Trailer -
http://sharkisstillworking.com/trailer2.asp

I always wanted to have him voice a trailer for me one day...

Re: Percy Rodriguez (JAWS trailer announcer) dead at 83

Wow, I thought the guy who did all these trailer voices was that guy you see on that commercial whose bald headed and has a moustache and the woman is talking and he's in the background talking into the mike cause I know I have heard that guy's voice in a ton of films.

Not sure the commercial you're talking about, but there is a guy that fits the description that does do a lot of trailers - usually the ones that say "In a World..."

Percy did a ton of voiceovers in the 70's & 80's, but JAWS is the one most people recognize.

I know who RIP is talking about but I can't remember his name.. He did all the voiceovers for the Friday the 13th trailers.. Anyway yea I heard about this awhile back from the SISW guys.. Sad news..

RIP wrote:

Wow, I thought the guy who did all these trailer voices was that guy you see on that commercial whose bald headed and has a moustache and the woman is talking and he's in the background talking into the mike cause I know I have heard that guy's voice in a ton of films.

Geico - Don LaFontaine

Last edited by DrChannard (2007-09-11 15:45:28)

DrChannard wrote:
RIP wrote:

Geico - Don LaFontaine

Yeah that's him.....he's done a ton of films and lots of them horror.