Topic: Webslinger-My Spider-Man TV show

Now I'm not looking to gain any profit off of this, and I am just a fan with hopes of making it in the film making business. With that being said, the TV's working title is called "Webslinger" and is about Peter Parker and how he becomes Spider-Man, but since everyone is so familiar with his origin the series will focus on him in his senior year and how he copes with his new powers as well his Uncle Ben's death. Like in the comics, when he first got his powers he wanted to show off but when Uncle Ben dies he learns with great powers comes with great responsibility and changes his rebellious attitude in to a superhero while at the same time dealing with a part time job, and school as well as wallowing in his self pity over his Uncle Ben's death. In the series Peter doesn't know much about himself, his parents, or why he out of all people came to be the superhero he is and deals with bullies such as Flash, and his only true friend is his co-worker Eddie Brock who as the series progresses turns on him as he becomes Venom. The villains will be rejects/has-beens and nobodies who's work has got the best out of them and test the best out of Spider-Man but ultimately his biggest threat will be the Green Goblin as he is the one who does kill Gwen Stacy. Villains in the series will include Doc Ock, Kraven, Mysterio, Electro, Vulture, Sandman (and all six of them will lead up to the Sinister Six), as well as Green Goblin and Venom. Oh and Silvermane will act as the mob enforcer villain who has connections to OsCorp (which will also have a pivotal role in the series). I plan on filming some of this with my iPhone and editing it with Sony Vegas but more details are to come!

Last edited by Tripod (2013-02-03 22:24:35)

Re: Webslinger-My Spider-Man TV show

Wpw. And the dude says he has a hard time writing. that's freaking awesome man. What about the man, I mean DA man, sir Kingpin, he's comes up later I think no???

iPhone shoot pretty incredibly good. Ah well, Apple and video/audio, they rock hard, not for nothing most film/sound studios run them.

Keep it going man, I can't wait to see the final result. And it's just the beginning and I'm already enjoying it very much.

You've got my total support bro. big_smile

AND DAMN YEAH WOOOHHOOO!!! VENØØØMMMmmmrrr!!! Happy me, this guy •\^/|\|2...

Awesome. Go for it, really interested on your take on Spider-Man. Thumbs up.

Since Kingpin is considered more of a Daredevil villain I've opted to use Silvermane instead and he will have deep connections to villains such as Vulture, Shocker, Green Goblin, and Sandman (mainly the technological themed villains). He has a rivalry with Dock Ock over running the crime syndicate that will be further explored in the series. Peter in the series will also realise that their are people just like him, and along the way lose friends and watch them become villains. The themes of the show are "responsibility" and "rejection" because that's what Peter will experience throughout the show. Oh, and Norman Osborn will just be a name constantly mentioned throughout the series because like in the comics his identity wasn't really exposed. Stay tuned!

I like that. Keep them coming.

Silvermane is primarily a Spider-Man villain, too.  So was Punisher.  Eventually they all traded down to DD because they got tired of getting their asses kicked by Spider-Man.

Incidentally, Sandman cleaned up his act and became a good guy in the 80s.

Y'know who I'd like to see in a Spider-Man flick?  The Enforcers.  Look 'em up.  My favorite was always Fancy Dan. lol

Yeah true Tripod, even if he was in Spidey a while he's more into Daredevil's stories.

OH LOUDLON, the memories just kicked me in the face radicaly.

Fancy Dan and The Enforcers, woah yeah, thanks for that, was in the not used often box in my brain, fun to open it back after such a long while.

I'm a fan of this creep:

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Spiderman/ennemis/Enforcers-Ox.gif

I'm giving villains some new redesigns as well. For instance Electro won't have his signature green and yellow tights and I'm going to make him bald and he's going to sport a leather jacket, and his skin will also glow too. Kraven will be sporting a military vest and pants and will be ditching the yellow fur vest. Oh and Mysterio will be ditching the Bubble helmet for more of a gothic Criss Angel look but I am going to give him a motor cycle helmet instead because this version of Mysterio is also a stuntman. The creative juices are flowing in me. big_smile

Let them juices go freely waving to the winds of your imagination man.
Mysterio stuntman, I like. And everything else too.

Go Tripodian creativity go. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-04 04:21:18)

Y'know, I always thought it would be cool if they revamped Kraven to be a super-powered Steve Irwin-kind of guy.  World renowned animal expert has his own TV show featuring him tracking and capturing the most dangerous game on the planet -- but no one knows his secret, that he uses a super-secret human growth hormone that grants him super-speed, strength and senses.  Then he hears of this guy in NYC who crawls on walls and swings from a web.  To quote Barney Stinson, "Challenge: accepted!"  So he comes to NYC, hunts Spidey, gets his ass kicked and it's uncovered that he uses performance enhancing drugs.  Shamed and publicly renounced, he blames Spidey and THEN he becomes a villain, with an unending quest to finally catch Spider-Man and take him out for good.

Last edited by LoudLon (2013-02-04 03:53:54)

46 toe tags for that idea. lol

I wanna round number no crazy numbers after so.
I know, as soon as I'll post again it'll go up but hey.

And I enjoyed reading this. So there.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-04 04:29:10)

Hey guys I have been jotting ideas recently and found the perfect actor to play Silvermane, none other than my Uncle Cliff. He's no actor, although he almost landed a spot to appear on the tv show "Hardcore Pawn". To me I think he'd make a perfect Silvermane because he the grey hair, the physique, and he can be a goofball sometimes but I think he can pull off a grit and devious schemer. Here's some pics of him, some of him are from Halloween 2011 dressed as a zombie, and I think he pull off a badass mobster/cyborg look.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s … 6830_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s … 6624_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-s … 7716_n.jpg

And here's Silvermane for comparison
http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/47222/silvermane.jpg

Last edited by Tripod (2013-02-17 00:53:01)

Oh man he looks a whole lot like Silvermane. And yeah he seems able to do the badass pose, especially in the last one, reminds me of something from Godfather. smile

Also, I have decided to make Sandman and Shocker thugs who work for Silvermane. Since they're both criminals in the comics, I feel it would be fitting for them to work with Silvermane and all 3 of them are known as the trio "SSS". Herman and Flint (aka Shocker and Sandman) are 2 thugs who wind up in prison and after they escape on the run from Spider-Man and the police and after Shocker subdues the police and Spidey with his shock gauntlets, Flint gets shot by the police and succumbs into a nuclear testing site and the sand particles enter his bullet wound causing him to be Sandman. Sandman and Shocker still remain at large, and they're like the Butch and Cassidy of the Spidey show.

I like the bullet wound thing. Same kinda stuff as in Spider-Man 3 but with a better [IMO] original way of seeing it.

Great idea the SSS thingy, me likes.

One of the villains I'm most interested in working on is Venom. My version of Eddie Brock is a senior who goes to the same high school as Parker, and at school he is a friend of Parker and he defends Peter from his bullies. At work, they both are competitive against eachother and when it comes to work and school they're both different people. Eddie also becomes down on his luck when he proposes to his girlfriend and she rejects him (instead of making him married I took the proposal route instead), he realises his job can't pay for college, and lastly he gets caught for stealing photos that belong to Parker just to get a raise but that gets him in more trouble instead. Peter will realise in this show that his friends will slowly turn into his enemies, and that the people closest to him will get hurt, which I know might seem kind of dark for Spider-Man but it all tackles into the theme "responsibility".

I've been on the fence with this, but do you guys think I should include Carnage as a villain? Spidey has some cheesy villains, ones that don't really seem threatening and look goofy (like Mysterio and Electro) and Carnage would add a dark, violent tone. Idk, I just don't want him to come off as a Joker wanna-be.

I don't even need to answer this question as I'm sure you know already.
But anyways, YES!!!
My favorite with this Venom dude. Of all the bad guys super heroes.

He's really Evil which would indeed add a really dark feel.

I'm also giving Kraven a redesign. I'm ditching the yellow and leapard print pants and top and giving him a vest and camo pants with boots and his signature weapon will be his spear.
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/ARMY-Camouflage-Mesh-Vest-Jacket-Camo-Vest-Hunting-Mesh-Coat-/00/$(KGrHqQOKocE35(+y-e+BODdJFr64g~~0_35.JPG
http://fashionbombdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/teyana-taylor-balmain-camo-cargo-pants.jpg

Don't know how it could fit but Black Cat should be in there, we have seen way too few stuff with her in everything Spidey if you ask me. She kicks Cat Woman's ass a million times.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/306/3/8/spider_man_black_cat_mary_jane_comic_book_cover_by_outbreak2105-d5jq97g.jpg

My Dad's cousin will be playing the role of Shocker! He resembles his 616 counter part and I have faith he'll do an awesome job as the Shocker. So far I've got 2 family members down on some roles.

And they say working with family is a bad idea. Hopefully they're wrong.

Cat Woman>Black Cat

So I've decided to do some tweaking to Spidey's origins that will best fit for the show. In the original comic Peter gets unexpectedly bit by a radioactive spider at a science fair but in my version he goes to a science field trip that Dr. Miles Warren  is touring and basically he's been cloning spiders with high dosages of radiation. One of them he was experimenting on escapes and bites Peter. I'm not so interested in Dr. Warrens villanous alter ego The Jackal but he will be instrumental in the creation of some of Spidey's villains. Also, in the original comics Peter gets in a wrestling match for money but in my version he gets in an underground street fight but I'm still doing some more work on his origins. What do you guys think so far?

Sounds cool, it's not so drastically different that Spidey fans won't like it.