Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^^
Man, still haven't watched this one yet. Can HARDLY WAIT!!!

alien25, Thale is my all time Norvegian Horror flick, even better to me than Dead Snow. Shows how much everybody has different tastes. Hehe

GRUDGE 2 on TV now YAY!!!
That is one of my all times favorite asian series. And I love this one a lot. my second fav. one after #3. Cool to see Sarah Michelle back in it. Buffy owns. smile
What a prank the cute school girls did to their friend. If a house is haunted, don't get in.

I should of said that to myself when I went into some supposedly haunted ruins in my area a few years ago. Entities have followed me since then. Now everywhere I go becomes haunted. But I freaking LOVE my entities, they're very weird. lol

But to come back to the flick, I love that ghost girl a bit less than my wife Samara but still one of the best ghosts ever. Great flick all the way from beginning to end. Creepy. VERY!!!
666.666.666/10

Dolls

God, what a creepy movie. Fantastic gothic atmosphere and such a sweet (as in "aww that's sweet") ending. 9/10

^^^
Yeah, I digged this one too. And true the atmosphere is wild. The shots are truely beautiful too.

Against my better judgment, I'm gonna check out 11-11-11.
Then again, I found Shark Night enjoyable.

Last edited by HypnoticDead89 (2013-03-03 03:25:29)

^^^
I enjoyed it.
But never as much as Shark Nights. Which rules, Sara Paxton plus Katharine McPhee in bikinis, HeLL yesss!!! big_smile

kXnPunk wrote:

I don't need a reason for torture to happen in a movie. I just need it to happen. Like in Martyrs or Hostel. Yeah I'm a fan of Hostel and loved these eyes melted off or her tits. But I enjoyed Martyrs a whole lot and found it entertaining from beginning to end. One of the best french torture flicks with Inside if you ask me.

In my view what is the point of showing torture in a horror film if there is no point behind it. If the filmmaker is simply trying it for shock sakes then it is just lazy and predictable especially in the context of a contemporary saturation of this particular sub genre. If there is actually a message behind it and I attempt at a more original vision ala Martyrs then this is in my view a positive distinction.

^^^
Blood. Enough for me. I don't care about the reason. But that just my weird ways of seeing things. smile
But I admit that it's even better when there's a reason behind it. But not necessary for me.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-03 09:51:26)

For few days I can't seem to get into any movies

I saw Paranormal Entity 4: The Awakening , I thought it was little bit better then  Paranormal Entity 2.

Also seen half of  village of the damned 1960 (it was on youtube) Could not get into at all.

Feast (2005) Decent movie, nice creatures and some very cool gory moments in this movie, I  didn't think it that funny at all.

Now watching thw A Stranger Calls Rated (R) full movie on you tube

Boo (2005)
Holy hell it sucked peanuts.
Acting was too cheesy for my liking.

LoudLon wrote:

I liked High Tension and Tucker and Dale quite a bit, but Martyrs left me wanting.  I didn't find it the gruelling endurance test most folks do.  I was loving it right up to the flip, then there's a complete and total change in story, theme and thrust and suddenly it felt like someone switched reels to a different movie.  It purports to be a message flick but ultimatley I thought the message was hackneyed and didn't make a lot of sense.  I would have preferred it finished the revenge storyline it started with; the second half could have been another movie altogether -- and one I wouldn't have bothered watching.

Oh well.  Two out of three ain't bad. big_smile

I definitely found it hard to watch, but I agree with you that after the flip it could have been a totally different film. I 'like' (not the right way to describe it, but you know what I mean) revenge flicks and that's what I thoughts Martyrs was going to be, and I think I would have preferred it more if it had stayed like that. I'm torn about the message, because I think given more time to expand and in a different movie perhaps, it could have really developed into an interesting premise. But here it did kind of feel tacked on, which is a shame.

11-11-11

I really liked it. I don't know what everyone else was expecting, but I got a gothic flavoured occult horror flick and I'm damn proud that I saw it. Really good twist at the end. 8/10

^^^
Been on my watchlist for a long time. And I like Gothic flavoured stuff so I guess I'll watch it before some other stuff. smile

I didn't get a chance to finish Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet when it was on Fearnet On Demand, so I'll finish that and The Last Exorcism.

@Punk
Sometimes it's better to go in blind and not care what the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB say about the film. Happened with Shark Night and Creature.

^^^
That's what I always do. I ain't no critic so I don't care much about the reviews, just read it to get people's opinion but I'm gonna watch it anyways. Screw critics. lol

THE RAVEN
Man what an impressive movie. Awesome story [H3LL normal, it's Poe so], very cool and beautiful images and man, Cusak was phenomenal in this. Bravo.
10/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-04 09:36:44)

house at the end of the street. was quite interresting.

On Martyrs: I know what you guys are saying about it feeling like 2 separate movies. I actually kind of liked it. it took a complete turn that was mostly unforseeable. In that sense it sort of broke the mold of standard film making, and I like things that feel different. It also had some really cool trippy scenes in the second half as well as some good gore. The ending was cool, though I don't really see much of a message other "Killing is bad, m'kay?", still I don't think that was the point. The first half was really great too, and had some genuinely creepy and disturbing parts, all with great SFX. I'm not as in to revenge flicks as they're all very much the same, I thought the twist second half saved the movie from mediocrity. Not my favourite movie of all time, but compared to other torture movies this one is near the top.

Maniac (1980) - 3/5.

Gut (2012) - I'm not quite sure what to make of this one.  It was different from what I was expecting going in, but for the most part it is an effective little indie.  It is slow paced with little action and amateurish acting at times, but at the same time it has a creepy Videodrome vibe to it.  But here there is a sense of realism to it all.  Might warrant a second watch to solidify my thoughts.  3/5.

the haunting in conneticut 2- 6/10 not too bad
storage 24- 6/10
watching slender man at the moment, only had chance to see first 25mins (felt like an hour) so far and it's dire, hopefully it will improve. Anyone seen it, does it get better?

alien25 wrote:

Gut (2012) - I'm not quite sure what to make of this one.  It was different from what I was expecting going in, but for the most part it is an effective little indie.  It is slow paced with little action and amateurish acting at times, but at the same time it has a creepy Videodrome vibe to it.  But here there is a sense of realism to it all.  Might warrant a second watch to solidify my thoughts.  3/5.

That's one I'm totally looking forward to see. The trailer kicked me in the face really hard. Ouch. lol

wkdblue, never seen Slender Man so can't help you.

Last night thanks to my dear Queen of Horror which did a review of it on her site, I watched

SLEEPAWAY CAMP
And man, woah. This was just sooo great it's insane. The kills are the wildest I've seen in a long while. I'm trying to find something I didn't like about it but I just can't. Everything is more than perfect. A TOTAL BLAST this was.
666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-05 09:20:12)

I have at least 40 something minutes left of Blood Night and the characters are absolutely insufferable to the point of watching another movie.  Danielle, darling you're 30. Enough with the teen roles. STAHP IT.

kXnPunk wrote:
alien25 wrote:

That's one I'm totally looking forward to see. The trailer kicked me in the face really hard. Ouch. lol

They must have put all the good parts in the trailer. wink
It is slow but I think it is more about the characters and how they are affected by what they watch, rather than what they are watching.  I'd say it is definitely worth checking out, particularlly if you are in the mood for something different.

Panic Beats (1983) - A decent Spanish flick with a bit of nice grue and some lovely ladies in various states of undress, but nothing to write home about.  2.5/5.

I just watched I Vampiri for the first time. Not exactly what I expected it to be, but it was a damn good movie. Straight up this is not a Vampire movie (well sort of), it's more of a mad scientist movie similar to say Eyes Without a Face. Gianna, who plays Giselle, is absolutely stunning too. I believe this was Bava's first full length film and it is a home run.

^
True there a lot of similarities to the extent that you could suggest that I Vampiri had a bit of a influence on Eyes Without a Face.

I just watched Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1931). Good film elevated to greatness by Fredric March's performance of Hyde. Had me gripped every second the character was onscreen. 10/10

That one there may be the best incarnation of Jekyll and Hyde I have seen. It really highlights the sexual repression of the times, most specifically the pressure of not having sex before marriage. clearly made before the Hays Code was enforced.

The 1920's one with John Barrymore is top notch too.