Topic: The Human Centipede

Hey all,

Has anyone actually seen this movie?  I have heard a lot about it, but it sounds like something I will regret watching?

Is it worth the watch? Story-wise, performance wise etc...

Re: The Human Centipede

I have seen it, and thought it was decent. Not one of the best horror movies around, but a pretty good gross out flick. If you can handle Saw or Hostel, you can handle this movie.

I dig it. That dude's performance is great and the images look fantastic.
If you're into VERY disturbing stuff, this one is for you.

They should've called it Shit Eaters. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-04 06:46:55)

kXnPunk wrote:

I dig it. That dude's performance is great and the images look fantastic.
If your're into VERY disturbing stuff, this one is for you.

They should've called it Shit Eaters. lol

Ewww

This movie is not on my list of movies to watch tongue

^^^
Hahaha lol

I liked it, though the film itself is not graphic, the tone is. I think that's why people were let down due to the Hostel styled hype the film had.

Last edited by HypnoticDead89 (2013-03-04 06:49:11)

Human Centipede was a terrific movie.

The man who plays the doctor, Dieter Laser, could not have given a better performance. He really portrays the sick and twisted mind quite well.

The film itself is more psychological than blood and gore.

There was a big debate about this film before, but I can't find the thread.  I'll look around some more.  Actually, it may have been deleted, it got a bit heated. 

Personally, I thought it was dumb as dirt.  Sure, it had a "horrific" concept, but that was it.  The plot was contrived, the "science" was beyond stupid, and how it unfolded made no sense.  It was Six's fetish film.

That is my opinion.  If you disagree, I have no problems with that.

I agree with Azathoth. In my opinion it's overrated and not as near as disturbing as some people made it out to be. The sequel(which also sucks IMO) is much more graphic.

azathoth wrote:

the "science" was beyond stupid,

Did you know that they had medics and a chirurgian working with him to make all that true to real life??? So the science is not stupid.

That is my opinion.  If you disagree, I have no problems with that.

tongue Hahahaha

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-04 20:16:23)

azathoth wrote:

There was a big debate about this film before, but I can't find the thread.  I'll look around some more.  Actually, it may have been deleted, it got a bit heated.

Funny thing: you can't find the thread by searching here, but you can find it on google. lol

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … p?id=23478

The idea was pretty bloody brilliant. Six isn't a complete waste of time but sadly neither movie give me what I want from a gross out mad doctor movie. The first was pretty funny in a dark sick humour kinda way. The 2nd, it was like Six was pissed off that people said the first wasn't gory or gross enough so it lost it's comedic charm and went to complete drec. Not looking forward to the 3rd.

@Punk- No problem.  It wasn't the surgery aspect I was criticising, it was the #2 & #3 would be dead within a few days (no water).

@Lon- I'll have to remember that for the future.  I checked the prices for a custom Google search for a site.  $2K+ for HM.

^^^
Well I definitely am. I like that kinda stuff. Too much maybe but hey, that's who I am, too late to change. lol

We all have our preferences big_smile I love a gross out gore flick but THC just didn't do it for me big_smile

azathoth wrote:

@Punk- No problem.  It wasn't the surgery aspect I was criticising, it was the #2 & #3 would be dead within a few days (no water).

Ahhh yeah. Well who needs water anyways. We need Jack Daniels!!! lol

UltraViolence, true and lucky we have different view else the world would be a boring place. smile

I think the first one is a pretty a good comedic horror film.  It's not intentionally funny, but the absurdity of the whole situation and the over the top acting by Dieter Laser make it fun to watch. 

However, the sequel is just mean spirited.  It doesn't have much of the comical insanity that the first one had and instead has a depraved and unlikable antagonist.

Both films are hard to recommend to anyone, but at least the first one has a bit of charm to it.  Plus, there's a novelty factor with the first one.  It's like you can't believe they made a movie like this, so you just have to see it.  The sequel doesn't have that same sort of feeling because you're treading on old ground.

^^
First time I've heard Centipede called "comedic."  Makes me wonder what #2 is like.  Which means I'll have to watch it.  Which means there is a good chance I'll be sending Bobo out to find you after I watch it.  big_smile

Oh, you're new.  You don't know who Bobo is.
<----- This guy

lol

Exactly what Halloweenie said!

+1!

Crispy, I'll send Chibbles the Sharp after you.  big_smile

azathoth wrote:

^^
First time I've heard Centipede called "comedic."  Makes me wonder what #2 is like.  Which means I'll have to watch it.  Which means there is a good chance I'll be sending Bobo out to find you after I watch it.  big_smile

Oh, you're new.  You don't know who Bobo is.
<----- This guy

lol

Lmao, thanks for the heads up! Nice of you to give the new guy a fighting chance. tongue

I'm very considerate.  Except for Spammers.  I tend to get a bit crazy on them.

I've read Roger Ebert's reviews for both flicks.  Gave the first one a good review (though he felt because of the subject matter it defied a star rating) and bombed the sequel.

I have a love hate relationship with Ebert. He makes sense but likes to put things in boxes and label them all neatly. I think movies are far more complicated that simple horror, comedy, action etc. But at the same time, a lot of what he says makes sense.

How many posts do we need of this great film anyways?
Looks like lonny man is on it

this flick is OK it has its moments like shit I like A Serbian Film too... to me they are are about the same BUT fuckin different! lol