Re: My Scottish Horror Feature - Lord of Tears

You're Irish too? Awesome, what part LordofTears?

Cheers kXnPunk! Should have it ready to go tomorrow smile

Theli wrote:

The dangers of chat roulette. You go in with such good intentions, but no one leaves without at least one penis shaped scar on their brain.

Bahaha yes it was quite an eye-opener. Even poor owly is scarred for life. And he's a black-hearted, immortal, scavenger beast of doom! smile

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

You're Irish too? Awesome, what part LordofTears?

Dungarvan, Co. Waterford! But also various parts of Dublin for 7 years. You?

^ Ah nice! I'm from Dublin myself, away from the city centre though. That's not the nicest place in the world. lol

Well I've lived in Seapoint, Portobello and Tyrellstown so I've seen it all ha. smile I still love going back to see friends. But I sure don't miss the 2 hour twice daily commute tongue

I'm in the opposite direction to all those! lol I'm back in the direction of (great old /sarcasm) Tallaght!

Ah good old Tallaght - I made many a Luas trip out there smile Was in a band with some guys who lived out there for a while.

Words can't describe how much I dislike the Luas! lol Just filled with scumbags all the time, not to mention it takes twice as long as Dublin Bus. And you were in a band, huh? And a writer now? Someone is doing well. tongue

Harrowing though the Luas to Tallaght was, my daily trip on the 40D through Finglas to Tyrrelstown was much worse ha. Regularly had bricks through the windows, lots of aggro on the bus too. Funtimes. tongue Bloody public transport.

Speaking of harrowing,  here's a still from owly's experience on video chat smile Video to come shortly!

http://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/23366_297703897024108_290750686_n.jpg

My inner Horror radar is schwonkn!!! I HAVE to see this movie. Atmosphere is calling me.
My new screen saver is the poster of Lord Of Tears. sits all pretty and happy smile

Amazing how well this thread has gone as opposed to the other clusterbomb that popped up a day or 2 ago.

@LordofTears - Try the 75 from Tallaght to Dun Laoghaire! tongue That's even bad, and it's worse when I have to get it daily for college. lol

thedeadshallrule wrote:

My inner Horror radar is schwonkn!!! I HAVE to see this movie. Atmosphere is calling me.
My new screen saver is the poster of Lord Of Tears. sits all pretty and happy smile

Yayyy! Thanks for this - it's exciting to see people excited for it smile

azathoth wrote:

Amazing how well this thread has gone as opposed to the other clusterbomb that popped up a day or 2 ago.

Haha yeah - well you've all been very nice to me! And to be fair if would be hard for a thread to go worse than that one! They really mangled their chances tongue Although I gotta say I was bowled over by how nicely you all handled it. This really is a great community smile I like this little love-in hehe.

@LordofTears - Try the 75 from Tallaght to Dun Laoghaire! tongue That's even bad, and it's worse when I have to get it daily for college. lol

Eek yeah that's gotta be quite a trip. sad Happy to say my current commute is the approximate 12 second stumble from my bed to the spare bedroom/office next door hehe.

Hey I'm glad you're still around man...
so what new news have I missed smile

DemonToSome wrote:

Hey I'm glad you're still around man...
so what new news have I missed smile

Oh yeah I'm quite comfy here smile

And well we reached our Kickstarter goal! So...woo!! But we've still got 20 days left in the campaign so we've upped the goal now and any extra pennies will go towards pushing the film harder, entering more fests, fancier marketing and making even cooler rewards. So, no rest haha.

We've also gotten a ton of coverage on horror blogs so we're really excited about that. Most of all though seeing all the positive reactions to the trailer and the idea in general has been SO encouraging. We've been working pretty much in isolation on the film for the past year so it's really nice to put it all out there and see what comes back!

We've got a Facebook http://www.facebook.com/lordoftearsmovie page that Lawrie the director and I run if you wanna keep up - I'll be sharing here though too of course smile

Thanks for taking an interest smile

I liked the page, and if I had any money free to spend, I'd contribute. If that means anything.

I liked the page, and if I had any money free to spend, I'd contribute. If that means anything.

Good intentions are good enough for me smile Thanks for liking!

Thats great. Having a good time making a horror film is what its all about! right? I wish I could make one. I wanna be a director but so far I'm only the director of my life! big_smile

Sometimes thats a hard task LOL but anyways I'm not as fucked up as they might have told you tongue

So how far into this are ya?

That picture from the video chat is priceless big_smile hahaha I wish I could have been there!

Really looking forward to seeing your movie, and yes, this thread couldn't be much different to the kerfuffle that happened earlier this week. You've come in and posted intelligent comments, got on well with people and shown that your a decent person. You've pretty much guaranteed that most of us will watch your movie now, on the basis of how you've been.

Also when I get my blog up to date, I'd love to write a bit about the movie, if that's okay!

@DemonToSome just go out and make one! Why the hell not? smile Get some friends and a spare weekend and get your film on! smile

And we're basically finished the film! It's all edited and graded and good to go - but the soundtrack needs some more songs and to be produced as an album, and also making the film is just the first part of the journey - next step is marketing it, entering it into fests and trying to get it distributed! The hardest part really. Especially for a no-name indie. But all the support online will really help us get some notice I hope!

@HorrorQueen17 Awwww you're making me blush smile I really appreciate all you lovely folk taking an interest in the film - you've made me feel very welcome. Lawrie (the director) and I very much see making films as a big collaboration between us, the crew, the cast and the audience. So there's just no 'us and them' as far as we're concerned.

And of course we'd love you to write a piece on the film! I just hope you like it - eek!! That part's pretty scary!

I hear ya... making the movie was the easy part! ... now lets gets this beast out to the public is where you are at now. I'm sure it must be easy to get it in to a festival . Man I wouldnt worry about that, I would wonder what the majority who p0aid to see the film thought.

I keep trying to get my brother to help me with a horror movie but he yawns LOL

I shall definitely write up a review when the film is out and I'll try get it published. Looking forward to it, the trailer was good. It's just the lack of talking in that trailer has me a bit worried.

Rule 1)  Never upset Howdy, Lon, or the monkey.
Rule 2) Bring tea.  big_smile

I'll just add to what everyone else said, OwlLord- I like your style.

That shot is freaking priceless!!!
That dude looks scared as mad. lol

Cool Facebook page too, loving the cover pict.
As Facebook hates me, I could like but I bookmarked it in my HOOORROOOR!!!!!!!!!! folder with a bunch of characters like this so you stay on top: •†‡∞± lol

And I gotta add that I enjoy your coolness a whole lot. You've said just a damn bunch of very nice stuff since you're here and I looove this.

And yes, what the monkey just said.

2 days ago's one got it in the teeth and everybody was just perfect.
Hats off my friends.

BTW, yeah, lotsa work now for publcity but it's worth every minute of it. wink

I'll share it to Death to do my part. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-07 17:42:28)

@DemonToSome Eugh I wish it was easy! The competition to get into fests is huge...and they take months to let you know if you're on or not - mostly the answer is no. But hey - that's part of the game smile And tell your brother to stop being lazy and help you out! Or find some local filmmaking enthusiasts and get em on board! smile

@Scavenger of Human Sorrow We actually had a trailer with dialogue in it but a lot of folk preferred this one so we went with it smile

@azathoth - Thank ya smile Rule 1's a given and I never go anywhere without teaaaa! Sap of the gods tongue

@kXnpunk I'll have the video for ya later tonight! Thanks for the bookmarking and the very kind words!

You guys are the best!!

azathoth wrote:

Rule 1)  Never upset Howdy, Lon, or the monkey.
Rule 2) Bring tea.  big_smile

I'll just add to what everyone else said, OwlLord- I like your style.

um I totally live by a different code than your 2 rule thang

If howdy doody getsy lupy
If lonny getsa lupy
if munkey getsa loopy

I laugh and go haha you s dont control little ole me so the outta the blue I moo
I might do sunthin that disgraces the board
I might do sumthim that I miss Fred Garvin my ole drunk pal
I might just take off, see ya later