Re: Obscure "pretty" indie-horror with Danny Trejo

Awesome. I bet the review is more entertaining than the movie itself.

Sucks to be a man of your word sometimes, man.  In your case it meant exposing yourself to this crap movie. lol

Like I said on the first page: it's not something at all I'd personally recommend.  But then according to the producers I never even saw it, so obviously I lied but lucked out that someone did see it and happened to agree. roll

I will punch my balls for the truth!
(no, not really. lol )
However, I am going to go watch Justifed to cleanse my mind.  And then I'll punch my balls for awesome.
(no, not really.)

Dude, last night's Justified was excellent.  I wouldn't even dream of spoiling it for you but once it happens -- you'll know what "it" is when you see it -- I defy anyone to tell me they saw it coming. big_smile

Can see the dvd cover's now

"I'd love to know what kind of leverage they had on Trejo to appear in this crap-fest." 2*'s

big_smile yeah Trejo appears everywhere these days but I'm sure he has some standards surely? Faith gone.

Woah man. That thread was great just for the Police Girl and monkey and azathoth's review. Man woah, you didn't go with the back of a spoon with it. Amazing writing. And how you awesome members of HM delt with thiis [insert a junk of bad words here].
Was worth the read. Thank you. big_smile

Nah, I don't blame Trejo.  Dude's a real actor; doesn't pick and choose, just takes everything that comes his way and does the best he can with it.  He just wasn't given much to work with in this instance. hmm

This happened to Savini once.  He did 2 minutes in the atrocious 1985 made-for-home-video flick The Ripper, and the producers proceeded to paste his name all over the ads and cover.  Savini's long-since apologized for even appearing in the flick because it's so bad, and has stated frequently how the producers using his name to sell it was just dirty pool. 

I'd encourage Trejo to do the same.

^^
You should look up Savini and The Absence of Light.  That was a clusterbomb.  This review details how many fails that film had.  The guy does a much better job than I could.

Wow.  A Savini flick I haven't seen???  And I've seen Children of the Living Dead! lol

Ooh. Sorry guyz n gals! I guess this is all my fault 4 posting. My bad! sad

I now have no need to see this movie, and have had genuine laughs at the piece of wonder work that the monkey man has just produced!

Here are a few of my favourites:

I wouldn't be surprised if his pant's zipper befuddled him

Her face has all the emotion of reading a fast food menu.

Bongo drummers!

And he's deaf now?  Huh?

Random jellyfish!  Sunset! Mariachi band!  Guy washes dishes.

On behalf of us all, I would like to award you with this:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/Midnight-Angel19/monkeytrophy_zps4d6f8443.jpg

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

I've come up with what I think is an effective short-hand way of reviewing such inferior efforts which may cross our paths in the future.  Feel free to use it as one sees fit:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/Animated/YouAreFailing_zps2ae3aca7.gif

Jan Normandy wrote:

Ooh. Sorry guyz n gals! I guess this is all my fault 4 posting. My bad! sad

Unless you were in cahoots with CatNoir, then no.

^^^ In which case I would owe someone an apology. lol

Last edited by LoudLon (2013-03-06 19:21:18)

Wow, what an interesting thread to read! And I love the Monkey review! I've got my asbestos suit standing by for when he is brutally honest about Exhumed, when it is finally available (hopefully soon). But I've been making images for a long time. If you can't take the heat, get out of the fire... yet I continue to burn, burn, burn! A glutton for punishment. I love this place!

^^
Ken-
If your movie at least makes sense and is scarier than Photoshopping a black silhouette into a scene, you should be fine.  I focus on if a film is enjoyable to watch, even if it's not technically the best.  Heck, I gave Shaitani Dracula a 10/10, lol .