Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet

After a really cool opening, the shenanigans of the characters took over way too much of the film. When the characters sit to watch what they think is Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (actually a porno), the film begins to pick up with the killings. Spoiler - Danielle Harris is 4'11, a really tiny woman. It boggles the mind that the six people she's chasing can't bum rush her or at least give her a "300" kick. Guy did go chest to head with her, so I guess that counts. The film kind of redeemed itself in the end.  6/10

Last edited by HypnoticDead89 (2013-03-06 13:55:25)

24,827

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

In The Shadows.
She my review in that thread.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-03-06 15:23:45)

24,828

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I don't see any reviews...

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Awesomeness all around. 10/10

24,830

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Maniac (1980) I had to see this before remakes come out next Week in The UK (Not seen the remake Advertised at all in UK!)

I do long review in the morning, I Really enjoyed this movie, As some cool tense moment in this movie, there was some really good nasty gory moments, which I really liked

His one hell of A Maniac!, Bloody movie, I Don't thing is aged that well, there some dated stuff in the movie but really minor, Which really dosn't really affect the movie.

The acting was really good from the whole cast

I give this movie 6 out of 10 good movie.

24,831

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Crawl (2011) - A really well done Australian thriller, very reminiscent of the Cohen brother's Blood Simple.  A bit of a slow burn and not quite as darkly humorous, but in many ways I found myself liking it better than Blood Simple.  4/5.

24,832

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Evil Dead 2

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Last Exorcism

Excellent and holy shit at that ending. 9/10

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

For the hell of it and against my better judgment, The Devil Inside is next to be viewed.

24,835

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Saw both of those, The Devil Inside was better than I thought it would be, but it's ultimately nothing special. The Last Exorcism was fantastic, one of the best exorcism movies I've seen. You're right about the ending too, wow!

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Last Exorcism ending legitimately shocked me. Fantastic ending.

God, Devil Inside is sooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Possibly at the late end of the second act, the film SHOULD pick up...I hope.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Devil Inside

Not terrible, but it was so boring. Outside of the lead actress and the exorcism/horror scenes, it's 83 minutes of mostly bland dialogue and some nice scenic shots. 4/10

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Kind of fried from watching four movies today, but Re-animator, Dead Snow and Insidious will be waiting for me tomorrow.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Hypno that sounds like an awesome trilogy of films to watch!

I just watched Just Before Dawn and now Panda and I are watching The Hills Have Eyes '77

24,840

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

The Devil Inside

Not terrible, but it was so boring. Outside of the lead actress and the exorcism/horror scenes, it's 83 minutes of mostly bland dialogue and some nice scenic shots. 4/10

I found this one absolutely ATROCIOUS.

But Re-Animator, Dead Snow and Insidious are much better.
Especially Dead Snow. Norvegian Horror rules. smile

My Queen, Hills Have Eyes 77 is good but for some reason, I liked Aja's remake better. Heh.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I love both Hills Have Eyes films but I too lean towards the remake.

24,842

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

OOOOOOOHHHHH MMMMMAAAAAANNNN!!!

VAMPYR 1932
I'm totally speechless. I can't describe with words the beauty of this one. A true in your head visual feast. And the story, wow. The only word I can use to describe the acting is OhdamnH3LLwoahyeahwooooomanawesomesofreaking-
amazinglygreat. Happy I found out about it and watched it.

Made it's way as a tie at the TOP of my best Vampire movies of all times list with Nosferatu 1922. It's THAT good.
666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-07 08:54:40)

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I love the remake too, thinking of watching that today/tonight actually.

I watched Hills Have Eyes and Terror Train with Panda last night. Terror Train we'd never seen before and it was really really good, an above average slasher with a really cool setting and it didn't drop it's pace at all. Very well done

24,844

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I dug the orginal THHE but also prefer the remake.  Go figure!  I also enjoy Terror Train despite two staggeringly illogical points:

1. The killer is a stringbean.  Yet the first victim he kills and whose costume he adapts has a good fifty pounds on him.  And none of the victim's friends seem to notice their chubby buddy is suddenly a waif.  He also manages to out-muscle a bigger, stronger victims (such as the black guy in the snake costume) despite having the muscle tone of a twig.

And, far more illogical...

2. When you're moving around on a train, you have only two options: backward or forward.  There's no way the killer could have appeared in various locations, often in entirely different cars and costumes from one scene to the next.  The only way this would have been possible would be if he climbed out the window of one car, changed costumes atop the speeding train, then climbed in through the window of another car.  But even on a train full of drunken college students, I think someone would have noticed. lol

24,845

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^^
lol

24,846

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

kXnPunk wrote:

OOOOOOOHHHHH MMMMMAAAAAANNNN!!!

VAMPYR 1932
I'm totally speechless. I can't describe with words the beauty of this one. A true in your head visual feast. And the story, wow. The only word I can use to describe the acting is OhdamnH3LLwoahyeahwooooomanawesomesofreaking-
amazinglygreat. Happy I found out about it and watched it.

Made it's way as a tie at the TOP of my best Vampire movies of all times list with Nosferatu 1922. It's THAT good.
666.666.666/10

Good to hear Punk, I love this film too. I can't quite say it's tied with Nosferatu, nonetheless this is probably in my top 10 horror movies. It has such an amazing dark and trippy feel, and some awesome trick camera work.

I re-watched In the Mouth of Madness yesterday. man do I love this movie, just constant visual trip outs and nightmare sequences. This is easily one of Carpenters best, just under The Thing and maybe Halloween.

Last edited by Theli (2013-03-07 15:46:53)

24,847

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Piano Teacher (2001) - A talented and self assured student romantically pursues his masochistic piano teacher who has her own repressed fantasies of love and relationships.  Appalling, compelling, humorous at times, but ultimately, it is a deeply despairing look at how people damage each other.  Not really a horror movie per se, but I have seen it mentioned on some people's lists of most disturbing movies, and after watching it, I'd have to say that it definitely belongs there.  Of the Michael Hanke movies I have watched thus far, Cache, Benny's Video and The Seventh Continent, I found The Piano Teacher to probably be the most unsettling.  3.5/5.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Eyes OF a Stranger ( 1981) i liked it a lot better this time then i did the first time i saw it many years ago. 7/10.

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

LoudLon wrote:

I dug the orginal THHE but also prefer the remake.  Go figure!  I also enjoy Terror Train despite two staggeringly illogical points:

1. The killer is a stringbean.  Yet the first victim he kills and whose costume he adapts has a good fifty pounds on him.  And none of the victim's friends seem to notice their chubby buddy is suddenly a waif.  He also manages to out-muscle a bigger, stronger victims (such as the black guy in the snake costume) despite having the muscle tone of a twig.

And, far more illogical...

2. When you're moving around on a train, you have only two options: backward or forward.  There's no way the killer could have appeared in various locations, often in entirely different cars and costumes from one scene to the next.  The only way this would have been possible would be if he climbed out the window of one car, changed costumes atop the speeding train, then climbed in through the window of another car.  But even on a train full of drunken college students, I think someone would have noticed. lol

Hmm, good point! You know I never even noticed the flaws in the second point, but in my defence I was watching it at 6am lol.

Even with those flaws, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm watching an absolute random mish-mash of horror at the moment it seems, I can't seem to settle on a theme

24,850

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I still dig it, too, and watch it from time to time, it's just always with that "backfward or forward" thing constantly in the back of my mind. lol