Topic: town that dreaded sundown remake

since its suppose to begin filming this springs,it'll likely hit theatres somewhere between 2014 and 2015 , whos looking forward to it

Re: town that dreaded sundown remake

Enh.  I'm a fan of the original despite its many flaws, but I don't see a need to remake it specifically.  It's based on the case of the Phantom Killer in Texarkana in the 40s, but there are a dozen Jack the Ripper movies and none are remakes of the other; I'd prefer a new movie based on the same case.

I'm not for one or  two reasons 1. i hated the original and 2. it's a remake.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-03-07 14:50:37)

This is the first time I heard of a remake... really? I'm too tired to check it out online so....

fuckit The original was pretty good so I'll keep it as that!

I enjoyed the original.  Not sure if a remake is needed, but like lon said, a new movie on the same crimes would be good.

haha well I really dont know.... I keep thinking of our old friend RIP who had the killer as his avatar man I miss that fuckin drunk!

I haven't actually seen the original, had it recommended to me recently though so I probably will see it soon. Like Lon said though, why not make a totally new movie based on the crimes? Originality is slowly dying and it's a sad, sad thing sad

Yeah, I'm with Lon and DG.  Ever since seeing it as a kid, and because my dad plays the Trombone, the scene with the knife on the end of the Trombone Slide has always stuck with me.

No..... originality is THE THING! ... but for some reason the new generations need a version they can relate to instaed of relating to the original version of a film... sorry but fuck the new generations, they suck lol

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Originality is slowly dying and it's a sad, sad thing sad

too right Beth!

Originality died in Hollywood a long time ago, but foreign and independent film makers are still going strong, hence all the Hollywood remakes of their films. smile

Its a sad sad thing in this hole world wolfy

See.... but why do you people keep buying tickets to see a remake???

I love the original, but I wouldn't mind seeing a remake. Hopefully they'll be able to bring back the grindhouse feel the original had.

haha I guess RIP has RIP man its his loss

alien25 wrote:

...the scene with the knife on the end of the Trombone Slide has always stuck with me.

Same here.  This was one of the first flicks of its type that I saw when I was very young (it was always late night creature features and Universal horror flicks up 'til my teens) and I remember seeing that and the killer seemed so ferocious during that scene.  I was only eight or nine at the time, but still.  Also, the sequence with Dawn Welles got to me, too.  Despite the heinous comedy relief and very little actual blood, Sundown does have a couple rather brutal scenes.

hahaha its ok lonny to ignore my rip post

we go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on anod and on and on and on adn on anodn and on and on and on

I just now noticed it. lol

I have to admit I don't get it, though.  Explain, man!

theres no explanation....  you noticed thats all lol

LoudLon wrote:
alien25 wrote:

...the scene with the knife on the end of the Trombone Slide has always stuck with me.

Same here.  This was one of the first flicks of its type that I saw when I was very young (it was always late night creature features and Universal horror flicks up 'til my teens) and I remember seeing that and the killer seemed so ferocious during that scene.  I was only eight or nine at the time, but still.  Also, the sequence with Dawn Welles got to me, too.  Despite the heinous comedy relief and very little actual blood, Sundown does have a couple rather brutal scenes.

Yeah, the way that he blew into the mouth piece, I can still hear that sound.  And having grown up watching Gilligan's Island, I always had the hots for Dawn Wells.  For my money Mary Ann's looks beat Ginger's hands down.  Funny, she use to own a house, more like an mansion, a couple of blocks away from my parent's house.  As kids, we use to sneak around the ditch that ran behind her house and peek through the hedges hoping to catch a glimpse.  Never saw her there though. sad

heres the link in cas anyone was wanting proof http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v … ing-413554 Ryan Murphy And  Jason Blum are producing Alfonso Gomez Rejon is directing MGM the same studio behind the carrie remake is responsible for it

Insane, they'll remake anything.  Like someone said, No originality anymore.