Re: The HM Musicians' Thread

We will be the best band in the universe.

Wait, that will be our name. Half way there already, see?

Woah Scavenger, awesome. Plus it's from the best of theirs with 666. Lost them after that, don't even like Piece Of Mind. Think that's because the sound is less garage.

And yeah, a HM band would be a whole lotta fun. Where do I sign??? lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-07 17:06:37)

Have you listened to Seventh Son of a Seventh Son? That album is just as good as Number of the Beast.

oh man no I bought their first album when it came out with the other singer.... the next album had a different vocalist and it turned me off.. hey I'm talkin what 80 sumthin I loved their firdt album its too bad they had to get a different singer .... I mean to day i get it but fuck them that was then and it was then as real as real!

^^^
Yeah did. Me no likes. Bah, I keep looping 666 The Number Of The Beast and I'm happy. What a freaking song.

or was it 70s I forget

oh man I gotta hear their first album I have it stuffed in my lps I wonder if its worth 6,000 dollars for an original lp.... NOT!!!

1980 is when it came out thats why I was fucked up about.... I just checked and yea the beginnin of the 80s
Now i see they had Paul Di'Anno for their second album too so I was wrong he was on 2 of their albums... beforww I get Maiden freaks after me

I just never bought the second one I was too much into the good stuff their first album wasnt part of the good stuff at the time

Changing guitar strings. Oh how I dislike this process.

^^^ I don't mind changing strings on my acoustic, but my electric?  Tune-o-matic tailpieces are a pain in the ass to change strings on.  Despite my best efforts it's always a hair lopsided when I bolt it back on. hmm

Tune o matic is the worst. I have one instrument with that set up. Major PIA!

This guitar, custom made by Vox for the Beatles, and used by John Lennon and George Harrison during the Magical Mystery Tour period, is up for auction. Expected sale price is about $200 to $300K. I'm in!!
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/Ken_Willinger/r_zpsd09ad5eb.jpeg

I hate tune-o-matic bridges. Most of my electrics have wrap-around bridge. Just my SG has the tune-o-matic.  I have changed so many strings in the 15 years I've been playing that it's not even funny.  Before I decided to buy coated strings, I'd go through a set in 2-3 weeks...

I so despise having to change strings on my tune-o-matic Hamer Slammer Explorer that I tend to leave them on until they break and I have no choice BUT to change them.  I bought a new set of strings for it last summer and am just waiting for the ones already on it to fall apart. lol

I only change strings when they start sounding crappy.
Which is like every 6-8 months.

Hey yes, the advantages of a bass. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-25 21:26:53)

I go through a set of strings on my gigging guitar about once a month. The strings I use (Thomastic-Infeld GR112) have a wound 3rd string. It starts unwinding after about a month of hard play. Which sucks because they are expensive strings (about $20) compared to say Ernie Balls...

20 bucks expensive???
Bass string are insanely expensive like mad. Lucky they don't wear off as often as guitar ones. I'd be in trouble.

Don't know if you cool cats like that crazy jazz jive... but I'm a jazz guitarist and got to play with a great Boston based jazz guitarist yesterday at my jazz brunch gig. Jon Damian, who teaches at Berklee and has written a couple of jazz guitar books was on the bill. It blows me away every time I get to play with him (he was filling in for the other regular guitar player in my trio). Anyway I recorded some of the gig. Here's the first tune of the first set called Dearly Beloved. I play the head and first solo, then Jon solos and then Dave, the excellent upright player, kicks a great bass solo. I'm so lucky I get to play with these monsters.
http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=191533

Wow, what a chance you had!!! Must be stuck in your memories forever.

And the song well I Dearly Belove it. lol

Th bass is just freaking awesome. Yes everything else is but I play bass myself so that's what stuck more in my head.

But what and amazing tune really everything fits together pretty damn good.

Thanks for sharing, hearing that just waking up starts my night VERY WELL!! smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-22 20:18:23)

Thanks Punk! Yeah man, I can't wait to get to that gig every week. And starting after Labor Day they are going to have us play twice a week. Sunday brunch and Thursday happy hour. Dude, that's a great weekly allowance : )

Wow that's freaking great.
Consider yourself lucky cause when you don't step on stage anymore like I do now you miss it like mad. Nothing like it.
Mmm, well maybe sex and alcohol. The 3 together is paradise. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-17 10:14:02)

We started the Thursday gig. Maybe I can get of few of you onto the jazz bandwagon! It's really the native music of North America and all the blues and rock, R&B and everything else stems from it. We were swinging with this tune "In Walked Bud".

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=192946

Since I picked up my first bass in thirteen years a little bit back, the guy who owns the store I got it from has emailed me twice about other bands in town looking for bass players.  But neither of them play stuff I'm into.  It's like every band around here is only into southern rock or country.  Nothing wrong with that, I'm just not into it.  Granted it's Hazard, KY, but still, there's got to be some hard rock, metal or alternative bands around here somewhere.

^^^
Hey, that's what it's like to live in Hazard. lol
But seriously, it's the same in here. Very few Punks in here. And you gotta get the chemistry alright which I haven't found.

And NO I won't start to play Country, I like it more and more but never enough to actually play it.

And getken, kick ass song, I shared it on my Facebook wall. I love when the bass snaps in the middle of the song. I like slapping bass. That's why My treble is very high on mine.

^^^
I did a lot of scouring on craigslist to try to find like minded musicians in my area. And also headed to open jam sessions. It is hard finding musicians. But persistence pays off.

This is me at the gig the other day:

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/Ken_Willinger/404566_268476313297678_375855046_n_zps50a30320.jpg

Anytime I wear a lei, I play better. Anytime there is a hot hula girl next to me I play better. Anytime my bandmate plays a Uke, I play better.