Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist 9/10
Bandslam 10/10

Those are my 2 all times favorite teen rock movies along with Josie And The Pussycats. Sooo good. Loved the CBGB visit a lot in Band Slam. big_smile

Rich and Famous (1987) - Not the best Chow Yung-Fat movie by a long stretch. I was mostly bored, had a couple comical moments and a few decent action scenes...that was it.

5/10

@Punk
Yeah, I liked that scene too. No on J&TPC.

Saw Pathfinder over the weekend.

Josie is my favorite of them all. Rachael Leigh Cook. And their songs are freaking Punk as mad. Pop Punk but Punk anyways and I love.
PLUS Rosatio Dawson and Tara Reid man. I was sold even when I hadn't seen it, just seeing the DVD over I knew I was gonna LOVE it.

Wanted
Fun movie. Honestly, I just wanted to see action scenes. Got my wish.  9/10

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Absolutely astounding. A mesmerizing adventure through the life of a freshman. 10/10

Watching Bandslam with the director/cast commentary.

The Vamp and I just watched Wreck'em Ralph.  For anyone who remembers the old arcades, it's a blast identifying all the various pixels running around.

The movie itself was decent.  Nice FX, though I hated the girl character.  Wasn't until I saw the credits and saw it was voiced by Sarah Silverman (personal thing, I cannot stand her voice).  Overall, a fun film on par with, say, Hoodwinked.

6/10, but if you can stand Silverman's voice, pump it up to a 7/10.

I watched the Watchmen again yesterday, it`s truly an outstanding film, of course having source material like the comic makes it a little easier to make a good movie. Mostly true to the comic other the change at the end, but it seemed to make sense for film.

Seeking A friend For The End Of The World.very surreal, uneven but ok comedy drama about people facing the end of the world. nothing much happens and it has it's moments but not  brilliant. parts of the film keep haunting me today though especially the final scene. 6/10

Dirty Girl - A cute movie with the oh so cute Juno Temple.  4/5.

^^^
Not to forget Milla Jovovich as her mom.

HOCHELAGA [2000]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215850/reference

Great Quebecker movie about a bikers gang and some other stuff.
Very enjoyable.
9/10

Ong-bak: The Thai Warrior 9/10

13 Assassins 10/10

ARMORED
Man, what a movie. Full of great actors, Matt Dillon, Lawrence Fishburne and my all times favorite french actor, the spectacular Jean Reno. This dude rocks. Cool story. I enjoyed it pretty much.
9/10

A FEW GOOD MEN
Man what a cast, Bacon, Cruise, Nicholson and Demi Moore.
It's showing now on TV. I normally find Demi Moore insanely sexy but her hair in this one totally turns me down. What a freaking UGLY haircut blargh.
I'm a fan of court movies and this one has got a very cool story.
7/10

Because of Demi's hair. Would've got at least a 9 if not for that crap.

Tunnel Rats (2008) - Finally, a decent film from Uwe Boll, credit where credit is due this is a pretty solid film in most aspects. I seen a lot of reviews questioning the historical inaccuracies of the movie, I noticed a couple things but its generally something I tend not to notice. That aside the movie conveys a simple but powerfull message and manages to be entertaining while its at it.

7/10

Ricky Oh: The Story of Ricky (1992) - Cant believe I never seen this before. A cool little movie with some awesome    f/x work. Very entertaining!

7/10

Lethal Weapon 1-4 Watched all of em again today. Love the series, especially the first two.

UNSTOPPABLE
Oh man, Rosario Dawson and Denzel Washington in a crazy train heading to a city movie. Fantastic. Damn I love Rosario, she's always solid in everything. And Denzel well, he's Denzel. lol
10/10

PATHFINDER
Oh what an insanely marvellous film this is. Great story and acting. But the best of this is the cinematography. Extraordinarly beautiful.
666.666.666/10

Colors: A rookie cop and a veteran patrol the streets of South central LA, trying to keep the violence between gangs to a minimum.  The movie mostly focuses on the rival: Bloods and Cryps who are continually at war with each other.

Another movie I hadn't watched in over ten years. Robert Duvall And Sean Penn were both incredible in their roles, and Dennis Hopper did a great job at directing this realistic view of the gang problems in LA.
8/10

Last edited by Underdog (2013-03-17 10:51:16)

^^^ Plus Damon Wayans as a scene-stealing crackhead.  Yeah, haven't seen that one since the early 90s myself.  Thanks for mentioning it, I'm way overdue for a second viewing.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower 10/10
Rewatch

Vengeance (2009) - Im a bit of a fan of johnnie To's films. Loved "Fulltime Killer" though "Exiled" was a little to slow for me (although I plan to see it again). This one was paced much better had a simple yet pretty interesting revenge plot and some pretty good action scenes.

8/10

Zero Dark Thirty

I saw Silver Linings Playbook not too long ago
9/10
Liked it a lot.

HELL RIDE [2008] rewatch
Madsen, Vinnie Jones and Hopper. 2 bike gangs. And a freaking cool story full of topless girls. Very kick ass.
666.666.666/10

The Mission (1999) - Another Hong Kong gangster flick from Johnnie To. The story in this one was far from linear, it would be hard to explain a singular thing that this film is about. Because of that it feels kind of natural in a way, but for me it was a little hard to focus on all that was going on. I also had some issues with a lot of the action scenes, just long drawn out shooting and missing.

6/10

Exiled (2006) - The best 'To film I have seen as of yet, I feel like he finally got it right (atleast for my taste). I still think the shots could be chosen a little better during shootouts and Im still not sure how I feel about the blood "mists" used in a lot of his flicks. But overall this flick has a solid narrative and some cool gunfights.

8/10

^^^
Oh yes definitely agree with Exiled, what a great movie it is. Wondeful everything this one is full of.