Re: HQ's Year of Horror

Oh thanks Punk, means a lot that you liked a review! I absolutely love Sleepaway Camp (as you can tell lol) I think it's one of the most fun horror movies out there. So glad you enjoyed it big_smile

5th March

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 2 (1986) -
This one is a lot more upbeat and fun than the original, it loses the dark, gritty feel but definitely injects more humour into the franchise. Also I love Caroline Williams as Stretch smile. 5/10

Calvaire (2004) -
I didn't care for this at all. I've been watching quite a bit of French horror lately but even though this started off well with a creepy storyline, by the end it had given up any semblance of plot development in favour of increasingly bizarre scenes which had little to no relevance to anything, it seemed. Maybe I missed the point entirely, but I didn't get this at all. 3/10

I'm updating my blog more frequently now; I wanted to get on top of my films and now I'm at 72ish I'm ahead of myself, so I'll be more on top of things from now on!

Just took a look at your blog and really enjoyed the reviews. Tenebrae is my favourite Argento too smile

Followed you on Twitter to keep up to date! Good luck with your quest - seems like you're knocking it outta the park so far!

You're very welcome my Queen, definitely one of the funnest ones.
It made it's way to my top Horror list with the likes of Creep, Next Door, EVIL DEAD and countless others that inclure everything, yes even Mother Of Tears, that Argento has done.

In fact, I'm taking your list and watching everything I haven't seen in it. lol

Thanks guys, I followed you back on Twitter smile

Punk, I'm trying to do as many new watches as I can, but I can't help rewatching some things if I love them! Argento will probably gain many rewatches throughout the year!

6th March

The Hills Run Red (2009)
Really enjoyed this, I thought it was well made and acted, great storyline and a cracking villain. Enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting to.

Black Sabbath (1963)
One of the best anthology horror I've seen, I particularly liked the second segment with the phone

Just Before Dawn (1986)
Well made horror, been looking for hillbilly type horror this week and the hillbillies were fantastic in this!

The Hills Have Eyes (1977)
Classic. Brutal and brilliant. I love this movie, thinking of following it up with the sequel today

Terror Train (1980)
Never seen this one before and it was great. Definitely one of the better slashers I've seen and such a great inventive setting, guarantees claustrophobia. It didn't let up on the pace, I'll definitely watch this one again.

That takes me up to 77 on my challenge, I'm going to try and make 100 by the end of the week, 90 at least

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Punk, I'm trying to do as many new watches as I can, but I can't help rewatching some things if I love them! Argento will probably gain many rewatches throughout the year!

That takes me up to 77 on my challenge, I'm going to try and make 100 by the end of the week, 90 at least

What a great idea you just gave me. I'll do an Argento night every months from now on. Til Death. lol Thanks.

And yeah, Black Sabbath is amazing. Loving this one to Death.
Ah said Death again. Can't help it, I LOVE her. Hahaha

And keep going, you'll make it I'm sure. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-07 12:04:05)

Voted for the 201 - 364 gamut - I try to watch at least 1 horror film per day but sometimes boring old real life gets in the way and scuppers my plans haha!

7th March - just watched Hansel & Gretel Get Baked:

Highly enjoyable (and constantly funny) film that starts as a stoner comedy, turns into a gory torture prawn flick in the middle and then plays with the old fairytale tropes towards the end. Recommended. 8/10.

^^^
Oh this is incredibly funny as mad. Hilarious even.

Over the last few days I have watched:

Urban Legend (1998)
Thirteen Ghosts ?
The Last Exorcism (2010)
Creep (2004)
Prom Night (1980)
Sweeney Todd (2007)
American Gothic (1988)
The People Under The Stairs (1991)
The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007)
Would You Rather (2012)
My Little Eye (2002)
Julia's Eyes (2010)
Tesis (1996)

Creep, Julia's Eyes and Sweeney Todd are the ones I would highly recommend out of those.

Creep made me feel about underground stations how The Descent made me feel about caves. Also, my Uncle's band did the score for it big_smile you should check it out, I really enjoyed it.

Julia's Eyes was incredibly tense and one of the best-acted horror movies I've ever seen. And Sweeney Todd was only just shy of perfection for me. I absolutely adored it!

13th March

I had a Fulci night, as it was the anniversary of his passing.

The House by the Cemetery (1981)
Great atmosphere, which is something I'm finding a lot of in Fulci's films. Like it a lot. I will definitely watch this one again, some great gore and one particularly disgusting scene. The storyline wasn't the strongest but I did enjoy it.

City of the Living Dead (1980)
Another one with great atmosphere, I slightly preferred the storyline in this one to House. There were some great gross out moments too. Enjoyable, I'd definitely watch again.

Zombi 2 (1979)
I love this film. Love the atmosphere and the feeling in it, the gore is brilliant and the storyline is a really interesting one too.

Good night! I might do NY Ripper tonight as so many people told me I should do that one