Topic: Do you have a Pet Peeve?

Guys and Girls,

What are your pet peeves?

I can not stand it when people do not can not stay in their own lanes whilst driving, they encroach on your lane and drive on your line like they're trying to bump you off the road.  It is one of the few things that make me RAGE!

I have a friend who has a funny one, she can not stand the noise of saliva some people make when eating/smacking their lips.  She will literally hit you if she hears it LOL

Re: Do you have a Pet Peeve?

People being rude/mean to the waiters when the food comes out in restaurants.  Um, he/she didn't cook it.  State your complaint and let them fix it with the chef.

Peoples' driving in parking lots.  I swear, I must have a sign that says, "Please hit me in the crosswalk."

This one was discussed a while ago- not holding a door for someone that is like 2 steps behind you.  You don't have to hold it for 30 seconds.  Our solution was to paint a line where it was acceptable to hold/not-hold a door.

Vampy (she learned this from her dad) asking me while watching a new show or movie with me, "Why is he doing that?"  Shizzle woman, if I knew, I'd be a time traveler!  lol

The misuse of the word "ignorant."

LoudLon.  big_smile

Spammers on HM.  "Boom goes the dynamite!" (YouTube link.  See at 2:20 in)  Heh heh.

^^^ I'm just happy to be mentioned. lol

My pet peeves -- I try not to let other peoples' actions get to me because we all have our quirks.  God knows I have plenty of my own.  That said, being tolerant can be a TREMENDOUS effort at times, and those times almost always involve human stupidity, rudeness/discourtesy or refusal to be responsible for one's own actions.  Case in point: several years ago I worked at a homeless shelter and part of my job was screening clients for possibly Social Security enrollment.  I was meeting with this one girl and as I was asking her about her disabilities, she said she also had something called ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder).  "I don't like being told what to do and start a lot of fights."  I told her there was no way I was putting that on the application, because being a bitch isn't a disability. lol

Other than that, I'd say my only real pet peeves, the things that grate me more than anything, are improper grammar and misspells.  "Should of/could of/would of" instead of "Should have/could have/would have."  "Irregardless" instead of "Regardless."  "De-thaw" instead of "thaw."  "Comfterble" instead of "Comfortable."  I let it slide if it's someone I'm friendly with because personality goes a long way with me but for the most part, we're all taught language in school.  There's no excuse, dammit! lol

I like to de-thaw water into ice cubes.  big_smile
I was a sinner with the "irregardless" for years.  Stoopid monkey.
The worst has to be "their/there/they're."

i hate slow drivers, small dogs that bark all the time and parents who ignore their kids in public.

I hate people that just don't care about others. For whatever reason.
Violence done to kids, nothing makes me more angry than that. Same with violence done to animals.
Politics, religion, war. Makes me mad. Strange though I hate war but love all their equipment.

Hahaha LoudLon,

Grammar annoys me too, if I see a typo or incorrect grammar....I have an impulsiveness to point it out, which I am sure is someone else's pet peeve tongue

My biggest pet peeve is spit on the sidewalks ugh!!!!!!!

JaySee wrote:

I have a friend who has a funny one, she can not stand the noise of saliva some people make when eating/smacking their lips.  She will literally hit you if she hears it LOL

This one is mine too! I have some difficulty tolerating people who refuse to eat with their mouths closed. It's just...uhghh.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

My biggest pet peeve is spit on the sidewalks ugh!!!!!!!

that's exactly what i was going to say Daph although i was going to say spitting in public and in the street., not sidewalk because i'm posh! smile

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-03-13 14:29:21)

No pet peeves but I've had pet cats. lol

People who don't use turn signals.
People who honk if someone doesn't move half a second after the light turns green.

hellrat wrote:

People who don't use turn signals.
People who honk if someone doesn't move half a second after the light turns green.

Same! It especially annoys me when people hold their honks.  I HATE that sound!
Also people who honk in a traffic jam, what is the point?! Will it get you anywhere quicker? NO!  Unless you have a magical horn that lets you teleport to your destination then STFU and relax!

That's my rant for today tongue

Students who disrespect teachers and give them an attitude because they don't like said teacher. Happened a lot in high school, and it was like a daily routine for some people just to get in argument with the teacher and get kicked out.

Tripod wrote:

Students who disrespect teachers and give them an attitude because they don't like said teacher. Happened a lot in high school, and it was like a daily routine for some people just to get in argument with the teacher and get kicked out.

Exactly!
Being that I'm a senior in high school, I know completely where you're coming from Tripod. A LOT of high school kids these days are the most spoiled, rude, and moronic human beings on the planet. I wasn't there to spot the other high school classes of the past 50 years or so, but I'm pretty sure that the current generation is the most fruitless out of all. Hopefully they stop whining and grow up a little, because if not, damn we're screwed. lol

Most people mature a lot after high school, no one ever stops being rude, moronic and whiny.

Theli wrote:

Most people mature a lot after high school, no one ever stops being rude, moronic and whiny.

Perhaps the preceding qualities I mentioned in my above comment are components of a regular, decent human being acting out in their not so best moments. But, I'm just saying that the rate of which one is rude, moronic and whiny should be significantly decreased (if those qualities cannot, in fact, be altogether eliminated in the first place). lol

On maturing, I think you're probably correct on that. Hopefully dumb asses grow up. Not all of em' do though, obviously. hmm

BAM!
1 TT to Creature.  I would give him more but he has more than I do, lol !

People who say 'PREformance' instead of performance. This is mainly people on reality TV, which is another of my pet peeves.

People who say pacific, instead of specific. Usually people in real life who I have to try very very hard not to call an idiot.

Similarly people who pronounce sixth as sicth.

In fact, most of mine seem to be about how people say or write things!

^^
That reminds me- saying "I itched my arm."  No, you scratched (or whatever) the itch.

This must be the most grammatically correct horror forum on the 'net, lol .  I blame Ace and Lon; I'm just a monkey.  big_smile

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUAVtbrGd1BA9kOGcKOlLFTu9-PuQS1AHwO2izg2jSXIEd0FOe_g

Last edited by azathoth (2013-03-14 10:44:30)

azathoth wrote:

BAM!
1 TT to Creature.  I would give him more but he has more than I do, lol !

I know! I'm a ToeTag hoarder. I just keep collecting and collecting and collecting...
One day I'm just going to let em' all go. Every single one (since they don't mean anything anymore).

My one pet peeve is that most people have a need to blame any problem on someone or something. Sometimes shit just happens, sometimes mistakes happen, and sometimes we screw up, just take responsibility and move on. I don't hold grudges against people, at least not for long.

I have one, when people use the word 'like' too much. It seriously annoys me way too much.

Like, I think you meant to say; it, like, seriously annoys me, like, way too much.

See...I knew someone would do that! lol

Why hurt me like this Theli, why!? sad lol