Re: Do you have a Pet Peeve?

Too many to list! My main one is in the kitchens in the production kitchen people tend to dump their crap in one sink and then leave it there expecting other people to do it for them. We have FOUR EFFIN SINKS!! Use them!!! And my biggy, I mean massive pet peave? When I've got all my Mis-en-place arranged and my head chef comes along and starts poking at the onions I've lovely diced or nibbling at the pork I've just counted out and portioned to make it easier when Sous Chef calls my dish away!

Scav, I like well over use the word "like". It's habit! lol.

I also hate being told not to swear in work. It's hot, sweaty, busy and often I have that annoying head chef messing with my shit, a bin gone unemptied and remember the sinks issue? Of course I'm gonna fucking swear!

You got my started....

Heh heh, it's in my nature Scav!

People whipping out cellphones/texting while in the middle of a conversation.

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

It's best when you hold up one finger to stop the conversation while not even looking at the person, and leafing through your phone.

Oh god, that's even more upsetting!

BAM!
123 TTs to Hypnotic because I'm hypnotized!

The Creature wrote:

Being that I'm a senior in high school

You're a senior in high school??

BAM!  1,000 TTs to Moonraven for her use of two question marks to signal mild surprise.  One would have indicated passive curiosity, while three would have indicated complete and utter disbelief.

^^^
I'm rarely in disbelief but use 3 of them all the time. Am I really??? lol

BAM 936 TT to LoudLon for using one would have twice in the same sentence next to each other.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-14 23:16:07)

^^^ And after I'd already explained that poor grammar is a pet peeve of mine.  Evidence: eradicated. big_smile

^^^
Mwahaha Pretty much yes. big_smile

I was surprised. For some reason I thought The Creature was older than me hmm
Oops big_smile

WHEN MY ROOM MATES LEAVE THE KITCHEN DIRTY AND THE TRASH BAG FULL AND DON'T TAKE IT OUT. ARGHHHHHHHh!

A few big pet peeves of mine are:

When I buy a Dvd or Blu Ray and when I try to take off the plastic wrap and some of it sticks to spin. It seriously pisses me off, I literally sit there for as long as I can trying  to peel as much as I can get off.

Another  pet peeve of mine is again Dvd/Blu Ray related. I hate it when the store puts a price tag sticker on the cover. Say there's a nice slip case on it, then I try to peel off the sticker as carefully as I can becauses theres a good chance that it might tear some of the artwork off or leave sticker residue.

Last but not least, I can't stand it when people talk or take out their bright distracting cell phones and text in the middle of a movie.

Last edited by AClockworkOrange71 (2013-08-02 00:22:50)

Theli wrote:
HypnoticDead89 wrote:

It's best when you hold up one finger to stop the conversation while not even looking at the person, and leafing through your phone.

I know this is an older post, but I just saw it.  This is frikkin hilarious!  big_smile

The Tea Party-----slow grocery store lines when my bus is almost due.------chikldren with chocolate circling their mouthes-insomnia.

Nah, my rabbit Peeve ran away a few years ago.

1. People who talk loud
2. Happy peppy people
3. Dirty people
4. People who want to tell you stuff but go into long and boring stories that lead to no where
5. Loud noises

Funny, because people (males anyway-I generally don't even notice it with females,) who are TOO clean have a way of making me suspicious.  Probably dates back to an overly clean person who mistreated or fucked me over as a child.

GHOST DADDY wrote:

Funny, because people (males anyway-I generally don't even notice it with females,) who are TOO clean have a way of making me suspicious.  Probably dates back to an overly clean person who mistreated or fucked me over as a child.

I sort of have to agree. But not guys who are clean (washed with soap and water). But guys who spend way too much time grooming themselves. They spend an hour on their hair, another hour picking out an outfit to wear, they get manicures, facials, wax their body hair, etc... The best part about being a guy is being able to get your hands dirty, throwing on some jeans and a Tee and running out the house, or not shaving for a couple days. Don't even get me started on skinny jeans and "guyliner".

Actually, I guess that's what I meant.-----Also sleeveless T shirts in eating places.

Unbussed restaurant tables---people who don't wash their hands after using the toilet and double about that if I learn that about them and they try serving me.  --public bathrooms without soap and/or toilet paper.  I once caused an outburst when I told a waiter at Dennys about the lack of soap.  I thought I was just giving him a heads up which I thought he'd probably appreciate and instead I got a tirade about how "only women and faggots wash their hands".

I've just gotten a new one-people being told not to say anything if it's unpleasant or casts reality in a bad light.  I highly disagree with this injunction.  Actually, that was a big peeve a while back but I'd forgotten about it and some loud dude just reminded me.

Yeah, people who come through my front gate. They find it shut but they leave it open.

Gggggrrrrrr.

Nearly blows off its hinges during high winds.

Do these idiots open their fridge door and don't shut it? Do they get out of their car and leave the door open?

Then why leave a gate open? If they find it shut, then keep it shut!!!!!

^^^^^^Reminds me people who come into my room when the door is shut and leave without shutting the door. It drives me crazy they don't even come in to talk. I'm like what the fuck don't be randomly walking into my room without knocking then leaving without closing the door. It's gotten to the point where I have to be what the f*ck dude. They come and open my door but go back to their room and close their door.