Re: The Walking Dead (Season 3)

@Haunted-
They talked about the Hitchhiker in the Talking Dead.  The response was interesting.

^^^ DLed Talking Dead and watched last night.  Yeah, the girl was fun but the other guy didn't seem to get much of a word in edge-wise. lol

I'm totally keeping up with this series as it unfolds... I love it, its a fuckin better than many zombie movies continuing on its good. I know the characters and they are interacting in this environment. Like I said before I don't know the comics, I just go by week by week and it is so awesome for a series man!!!

Tense!

Wow, I had no idea this season was 16 episodes...how did I miss that!? Not that im complaining!

** Not really a spoiler **
You just knew at some point the groups are going to end up fighting.  The question is when, where, and how? 

I say Thursday, in the library, with an assault rifle by Colonel Mustard.
** But just in case **

This show is Supreme!!! My Horror sweet tooth has totally been fulfilled!! The makeup RULES, The acting meticulous...zombie perfection....the tension is STILL draining from my body with this last episode!!!

Yeah that was really a good episode.  Part of me just wants to wait to watch the last two after they're both on.  One right after the other.

For the FIRST time in Season Three, I actually felt for Andrea.

Same Haunted. I was hoping she'd come back to the fold soon. I'm rediculously excited for the next 2 weeks!

I see Andrea getting a lot of hate from fans, and I don't understand it.  She's a good character, exceedingly well-acted, and has had a tremendous character arc from season one.  She went from a trembling wimp who'd freak out at the sight of a walker to a strong, capable, bad-ass warrior.  She's all but taken over Rick's old spot as the sensible, honorable and morally driven one.  So The Governor had her snowed; big deal.  He has all the people in his town snowed, and at least Andrea has finally caught on to his act.

I've no idea what happens to her in the comics; I'm aware the show takes drastic liberties with its source material and for all I know Andrea's already dead in the comics.  But I hope the character has a long life on the show, and I think Laurie Holden's doing a great job with her.

Andrea is my favorite of them all.
Lotta hate from the fans??? Well I hope they get their brains eaten.

I disagree, Andrea falls for any guy that comes along.  Then she vacillates continually.  She's had opportunities to kill off (sometimes literally) situations early on, and failed.  If she actually gets something done this time, I may change my mind.

I do agree that Holden is a great actress.

I like the character, she's interesting and I agree on the bad ass transformation but sometimes she bordered on annoying. The Gov is by far the best character in the series. He's terrifyingly wacko! I love a calm collected psychopath in my horror! Daryl I am in love with, won't lie to you. If the world ends I want him protecting me! None of the cast have disappointed me with their performances this season. All have been convincing and Holden has more than impressed me. I think everyone likes to hate on someone somewhere. The writer hates Glen!

Azzie --  I wouldn't say she falls for every guy.  Sure she had sex with Shane, but that's because she had just experienced a moment of empowering clarity and was high on adrenalin and wanted to burn it off.  But it's not like they became romantically entangled after that.  Even when Shane was planning on leaving the group and Andrea asked if she could come, Shane said something like, "What, you want us to run off together holding hands?"  And Andrea clarified to him she wasn't asking to be a couple, she just felt it would be smarter than both of them going off alone and separately, without someone to watch their backs.  She wasn't in love with him or anything.

The only person she's actually fallen for in any kind of way is The Governor, but again, he managed to trick an entire town into thinking he was a good guy.  He's a charmer, and he worked his magic on Andrea, too.  But at least now she's caught on.  As for vacillating...I don't know.  Maybe, kinda, sorta.  But that's just her character flaw, her desperation to find something sane in an insane world.  Can't really hold it against her any more than we can hold Rick's inability to come to terms with the deaths of Lori or Shane against him, y'know?  That's my two cents, anyway. hmm

Last edited by LoudLon (2013-03-21 16:32:54)

I dunno what I'm gonna do on a monday night without TWD! But I'm ready for the show down now. The build up has been almost agonizing!

I think Laurie Holden is a great actress.

I actually liked Andrea as a character in Season One. The entire first half of Season 2 she annoyed the ever-lovin-hell out of me- I just wanted to smack her. AFTER she shot Daryl in Season Two, I actually really liked her, especially her relationship with Shane, which I personally never had a problem with. And I loved how she went after Lori a few times (with words). However, this entire season, she's just...taken a step back, in my opinion, in terms of common sense.

All I know from her in the comics is that she's a sharpshooter, and very down-to-earth, very common sense.

LoudLon wrote:

Azzie --  I wouldn't say she falls for every guy.  Sure she had sex with Shane, but that's because she had just experienced a moment of empowering clarity and was high on adrenalin and wanted to burn it off.  But it's not like they became romantically entangled after that.  Even when Shane was planning on leaving the group and Andrea asked if she could come, Shane said something like, "What, you want us to run off together holding hands?"  And Andrea clarified to him she wasn't asking to be a couple, she just felt it would be smarter than both of them going off alone and separately, without someone to watch their backs.  She wasn't in love with him or anything.

The only person she's actually fallen for in any kind of way is The Governor, but again, he managed to trick an entire town into thinking he was a good guy.  He's a charmer, and he worked his magic on Andrea, too.  But at least now she's caught on.  As for vacillating...I don't know.  Maybe, kinda, sorta.  But that's just her character flaw, her desperation to find something sane in an insane world.  Can't really hold it against her any more than we can hold Rick's inability to come to terms with the deaths of Lori or Shane against him, y'know?  That's my two cents, anyway. hmm

LoudLon wrote:

As for vacillating...I don't know.  Maybe, kinda, sorta.  But that's just her character flaw, her desperation to find something sane in an insane world.  Can't really hold it against her any more than we can hold Rick's inability to come to terms with the deaths of Lori or Shane against him, y'know?  That's my two cents, anyway. hmm

I agree with this part. I don't blame her for wanting something sane, something solid, in the apocolypse. I just think she should've seen through the Governer a lot sooner. And her decisions up until now have made me want to reach through the screen and smack her.

She's a total slut with a power trip mentality. I hate her guts after leaving her saviour Michonne to exit the compound after she'd kept that selfish bitch alive throughout a zombie winter. Andrea is the most loathsome character in the programme. She pretends to be a fantastic marksman, jeopardising everyone around her as she can't shoot for shit. She pretends to be a mediator although she's clearly biassed to the Gov, she reckons she's above her initial group cos she's somehow survived without them (thanks to Michonne) although she seems to have entirely turned her back on Michonne. She's a self entitled, horrible slag and the sooner she gets eaten the better, I hate her. She'd spread her legs for anyone to further her social status.

I can't stand her.

Don't be vague, man.  What is it exactly that you're trying to say? lol

Heheh, I can't wait to see her get violently torn apart Captain Rhodes style! big_smile

You GO Andrea!!!! I think she should have sex with anyone she wants to, she is a strong woman with healthy desires, its hard to walk that part in a movie without looking loose, poosh, Her character is STRONG, Feminine and as focused as one can get in the apoc. Comic SPOILER, Andrea in the comic is not as froward as the show, hell she was in love with Dale and pretty mellow, plus hosted that badass face scar so well, Michonne was the sexy panther babe lol. LOOKOUT LOL that mojo would not work for the show, I like the distant, stoic yet thawing out Michonne of the show, I would want her to have my back for sure. END SPOILER
I do not know how risque the show will go on injuring women, I am sure it wont go the route of the comic, way too intense. I love the way the show and comic parallel each other yet go waayyy out there character building. The Governor  in the comic was a wacko, the governor in the show is Pycho perfected.

I really can't tell which I like better with The Gov or Andrea. Yeah I like her THAT much. lol

I dig The Governor as a villain (though I thought he wasn't all that impressive at first) but I'm STILL waiting for an explanation as to why he's so damn intent on murdering survivors outside of Woodsbury.  Like he did the group of soldiers, for instance; sure, he wanted the weapons to make the town more secure, but why kill the soldiers when he could have added them to his ranks and become that much stronger?  It hasn't said much about his life before the apocalypse except as it pertains to his wife and kid, and though Milton did comment that he knew The G before shit hit the fan and that he wasn't like he is now, that still doesn't explain very much.

I want to know, clearly and plainly, why he's so dead-set on killing off other survivors who don't join his town, and why he insists that those who do join never leave.  I can't accept that it's something as arbitrary as simply not liking others in his backyard, like he told Rick at their little summit, or that he's just "evil."

Last edited by LoudLon (2013-03-21 20:50:16)