Topic: Trying to remember this creepy doll movie from my childhood...

I remember a few scant details.

I watched this movie 25 years ago. It has fueled my nightmares for years.

There was a little girl living in some kind of mansion. She got a new doll, and the butler warns her and her parents that the doll is evil. He is ignored, and she goes to bed with the doll and wakes up screaming in the night. The evil doll has dismembered her other doll/s, and its eyes are glowing red. The servant busts in with a weapon (fire-stoker?), and that is mostly all I recall...

I do remember (or half-remember) a title at the beginning like 'the doll', which leads me to think that it was probably from an anthology.

Thanks for your time, any help would be much appreciated.

-Clara

Re: Trying to remember this creepy doll movie from my childhood...

Probably not, but worth the look.  Dolls (1987) (IMDB link)

Another one.  Dolly Dearest (1991) (IMDB link)

An out side shot.  Night Gallery episode that had The Doll in it. (IMDB link)

It's not either Trilogy of Terrors, that was a Zuni fetish doll.  Obviously not any Chucky film.

That's all I got for now.  We'll see what the other riff-raff can come up with.  big_smile

i think Az is along the right lines, think it may be a Night Gallery story or Twilight Zone.

It kinda reminds me of an episode from Friday the 13th called The Inheritance.  It had an evil China Doll that killed people in it.  Don't remember glowing eyes though...

There's one creepy ass doll scene in one of the "are you afraid of the dark"  kiddie horror episode.

http://myrottingbrain.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/vlcsnap-243107.jpg

Goosebumps and Are you afraid of the dark gave me so many nightmares! The way I reacted to those you wouldn't believe I became a massive horror fan!

Thanks so much everyone!

Yes, it was the Night Gallery episode called 'The Doll'. Funny how the mind can fabricate details of old memories. FWIW, the doll in my nightmares had glowing red eyes smile

Glad we could help!  Stay around, we're not really that weird.  big_smile

And... monkey victory dance-

http://princessworld.edublogs.org/files/2011/02/a-dancind-monkey-q44vr1.gif