Topic: If you really want scary...

Has anyone heard of this????Freaky...

http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/

Re: If you really want scary...

Heh.. yea I saw a trailer or something for this movie before.. Its those really hardcore christians.. Probably Catholics..

I saw a trailer on youtube for it and it was disturbing to say the least....6 and 7 year olds talking about being saved and how they are ready to die for jesus...

Yarrghh

Goon wrote:

Heh.. yea I saw a trailer or something for this movie before.. Its those really hardcore christians.. Probably Catholics..

It is not about the Catholics; it is about the Evangelical Christians who are much more hardcore at this stuff then the Catholics.

wonderful...they're breeding future abortion clinic bombers. 

some people in america scare the hell out of me.

America scares the hell out of me.

That's religious fanatacism for ya.

Evanglists...terrifying.

Evanglists are the Anti Christ and they don't even know it!

where do i sign up baby? Think I would fit in with all those little 6 and 7 year olds ? Do I get a membership card?

mass murderers, monsters, werewolves, vampires, zombies, lawyers, ...... nothing compares to how much that scares me. The one line that really sticks with me from the trailer: (with all the kids raising their hands and cheering) "How many of you would like to GIVE your life for Jesus?"  Not live but give your life. isn't that what suicide bombers do, they "give" their life for a cause. holy crap, i need a drink.

I don't think that's what they mean when they say give their life for Jesus. I was born Catholic and what that really means is that Jesus gave his life for you, would you do the same for him. I'm not the most religious person, but I know enough about Christianity to know that suicide is considered a sin among christians. Still, christian fanaticism can get out of hand sometimes. Every person should be allowed to choose their own religious paths in life and I think sending your kid to a camp like this is at such a young age is almost like brainwashing them. Letting some stranger tell your kid how they should be living and to who they should be praying just doesn't seem like the brightest idea to me.

Sorry if I offended you Leon, I guess I took that the wrong way. The camp people just seem a little sinister and creepy to me.

Evanglists christians are not part of the church. They are not the true followers of Jesus. they just claim to be like all the other religions that claim to be the REAL religion. the only religion that truly follows God and Jesus is the Roman Catholics. These guys look likr christian extremists to me.

Vander wrote:

Evanglists christians are not part of the church. They are not the true followers of Jesus. they just claim to be like all the other religions that claim to be the REAL religion. the only religion that truly follows God and Jesus is the Roman Catholics. These guys look likr christian extremists to me.

Be a little more careful when you go around claiming one religion is the REAL religion.. I'm sure there are people from all different religions on this board and I don't think there is one "true" religion..

yeah im with goon lets be carefull not everyone is catholic here.

i didnt say mine was the real religion. im saying mine truly follows God AND Jesus. i just say people claim theirs is

Last edited by Vander (2006-09-28 15:51:21)

I was briefly associated with a local Evangelical Christian church a few years back.  They welcome everyone into the church with open arms and are not picky.  But they are very hard core when it comes to everyday living.  What I believe they mean when they ask if you would be willing to give your life for Jesus, is that you walk 'the walk' as well as you 'talk the talk'.  And yes I am no longer with the church, because the beginning of the end was when I asked a woman at a singles bible study group if she would like to see a movie (that she expressed an interest in), she told me it would be inapporpriate for someone of her age to "Go out" with me.  She was less than 10 years my senior and I wasn't asking for a male - female date.  Personally I don't think that Jesus would have had a problem with it.  To finish this post I really haven't figured out the whole Evangelical Christian thing - but now that my Mom is a member I really like to piss her off!

Hard2Kill wrote:

Sorry if I offended you Leon, I guess I took that the wrong way. The camp people just seem a little sinister and creepy to me.

Huh?No you didn't offend me man. I feel the same way. I won't get into my personal beliefs, but I think all religions have their faults and some people just don't want to accept that.

I mostly try and stay away from conversations about love, politices or religion because you change from a person's views to a person's beliefs and feelings can get hurt. I had two ladies where I used to work get really upset with me because I refused to discuss anything about the Passion of the Christ movie. They wanted to know how I felt about it and other than how I viewed it as a movie IE: direction, acting, special FX I had nothing else to say. They couldn't accept that it wasn't a "spiritual" event for me to see that film.

Are Evanglists the ones that talk about the end of the world alot?  I know one form of Christians focuses much more attention on the end of the world.  It just occured to me because I was thinking about what I had learned in my theology class a year back and remember hearing something about the end of the world being a big deal to someone. 
As for the movie Passion of the Christ that Hard2Kill mentioned, my personal opinion is that it's a good movie to see if you are Christian and if not, just wondering why there is such a big deal over Jesus in our faith; I think that the movie explains it extremely well.  I just thought to toss it in there because I enjoyed the movie.  I just thought it was a great representation of what actually happened to Jesus when he died.  Great movie, would reccomend it to anyone interested in religious studies or has a strong faith.
Though I do agree with Hard2Kill.  Getting involved in certain conversations can easily turn into a mess.  During highschool I knew someone who was a great guy, but sometimes we would discuss complicated issues in politics or religion and the conversation almost always seemed like a battle; especially since we had opposing viewpoints most of the time.