Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Immortals 10/10 rewatch

Something About Mary.
I forgot how funny it was!

Argo.
Holy banana bread.  My dad got this, so I borrowed it from him since I heard good things about it.  I was quite nonplussed for the first 30 minutes, but somehow they ramped up the characters and tension for the next 90 minutes, even though I knew the overall ending.

Damn, that was good.
8/10

(PS- Ben Stiller was awesome in this.  Just kidding, a few people will get the joke.)

Zero dark Thirty: Going into the movie I wasn't so sure it would hold my attention. I was expecting more slow drama and dialogue than anything.  Not so. The movie was packed with tense moments, great pacing, and drew me in the entire movie. 8/10

Argo: Another academy award movie that I didn't think I would enjoy nearly as much as I did. Based upon a true story: it took big balls, and sheer genius, to pull off what was done.  I was engaged throughout the entire movie, and found myself rooting out loud for the escapees the last 15 minutes of the film. 8.5/10

ANTITRUST rewatch
Damn that movie is amazing.
Tim Robbins is just brilliant in this. So are Ryan Philippe, the way too hot Rachael Leigh Cook and Claire Forlani. They deliver brilliant performances.
But what drove me head first into this is the crazy cool story. Really well written is that script.

And man, Rachael is utterly cute in this one.
One of my huge list of favorite ever movies.
666.666.666/10

Immortals
Immortals
Immortals

It's fun to say "Immortals" in a movie trailer guy voice. God(s),  I love this movie.10/10

CONTRABAND [2012]
Mark Wahlberg, the LOVELY Kate Beckinsale, J.K. Simmons, Ribisi to name a few.
What a cool movie full of tension and great plans from Wahlberg. Poor Kate played a MILF to which a lot of violence was done. Great story and it was full of wild tension. Love the Pollack thing at the end. Great way to finish a movie.
9/10

Oz: The Great and Powerful

Wow, I thought this movie was great. Visually, it was stunning to see the world of Oz brought to life with all these vibrant colors and how it came to be. James Franco was the last person I expected to take on the role but he was perfect with his charming wit and affability. I thought this was a great prequel.

Olympus Has Fallen

Magnificent Butcher, classic chop socky flick about the real life butcher and martial artist Lam Sai-Wing, one of the legendary Ten Tigers of Kwantung.  Starring Sammo Hung, the most agile fat man alive, as Butcher Lam.  Ever seen a fat dude do a cartwheel/backflip/crescent kick/spin sweep/aeiral combo, all in one take, without wires?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … hak#t=273s

Now you have. big_smile

Just watched This Is 40...it was funny but too long...it was almost 2 and a half hours.
Love Leslie Mann though...so pretty and funny..but there were a lot of things that really bothered me in the movie
Anyway...I give it a 7/10

Quantum of solace (2008) - This was quite literally action packed from beginning to end, whoch was nice. Although, the story lacked a bit because of it, it was still pretty entertaining. Didn't quite feel lime a Bond film though.

7/10

Skyfall (2012) - This one felt much more like a Bond flick, there was some lapses in logic and minor plot holes but it is a Bond film afterall. Javier Bardom was amazing in his role and steals the show even though I felt he was under utilized. The action was good and the story decent and was overall entertaining.

8/10

The Buddy Holly Story-  A very young and sober Gary Busey gives a good performance.

The Blind Side

I've always under estimated Sandra Bullock as an actor but she was great in this. Very touching movie.

Santa Claus conquers the martians.

Why?  Why would you do that? lol

Although, Pia Zadora was a cutie pie...

It was the MST3K version. lol

Troy: A pretty good movie, with somewhat wooden acting (especially from Orlando Bloom, what a hack). Eric Bana was good though. I dig it overall.

Spartacus: With that said about try it can't even compare to this Kubrick classic. It's an absolutely beautiful movie, very moving. Kirk Douglas is top notch.

Insidious: Pretty fun movie with some good startling parts...but near the end when Josh goes to get Dalton I get bored and I laugh a lot..."GET AWAY FROM ME!"

The Strangers: This movie truly does scare the living hell out of me. I don't like being home alone, in the dark, in the middle of no where...probably not a good movie if I'm going to be by myself for a month....Stuff like that couldn't happen in a duplex type house right....? RIGHT?

Life of pi: Watched this a few days ago with the family. Going into the movie I really didn't know much about it except: that it was nominated for Academy awards, and was supposed to be visually stunning.  After watching it. I cans see why it did receive Academy award nominations (not sure if it won any), and also why it been billed as visually stunning.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie! The story was a lot of fun to see unfold, it was creative, and well acted! Most of all I really enjoyed how it came together full circle in the end.

8/10

Won a few Oscars if I'm not mistaken. Just checked, I'm not. lol

Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' emerged the biggest winner of the night with four titles to its name - Best Direction, Best Original Score, Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects.

DRAGONS FIRE AND ICE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons:_Fire_and_Ice

I love Dragons. One of my favorite mystical creatures with Ghouls and Succubi and this animation was just fantastic. Awesome story. Very well done and very enjoyable.
666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-29 07:18:37)

Nitro Circus: The Movie
Never watched the show but I was on the edge of my seat throughout the film. 10/10

CM Punk: Best in the World
Breaking the Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho
Randy Orton: Evolution of a Predator

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Bitch Slap

Clue.
One of my all time favorite movies.