Re: Found Footage Films

vomitdoll wrote:

had to google to double check that it really was fake.

Sign of a great FF movie!  Blair Witch came out before I used the internet and I would have googled it if I knew what google was.  smile

I will admit, I did look into the back story of The Fourth Kind after seeing that.  Knowing it wasn't real...but having just that slight tiny bit of wonder though.

@ghostseeker when i was younger I definitely would have too! That was one of the scariest movies of my younger days...! I did the same thing with The 4th Kind too but I stopped looking because the ending of that movie literally brings tears to my eyes and I get really nervous.
Aliens are nothing I want to mess with! Hahah! I watched it just recently again and instantly regretted it because my husband wasn't home!

^^
You called?

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/DOS_Funkengroovin.JPG

@aza
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9lxgnryXU1qg2s3q.png

Vomit - I haven't welcomed you...so welcome!  I can say that I already love your taste in movies!  smile

@Vomit- Sims?  I've seen entire videos of weird stuff from the Sims, including someone who hacked in Slender Man into a game (current project).

@ghost thank you! It's great to be apart of an active horror loving community! Thank you! Judging by the FF you mentioned I like yours quite a lot too!

@aza yes! haha my favorite blog is simsgonewrong.tumblr.com full of funny glitches and things that happen to random people throughout their gameplay experience

We tend to be a pleasant sort.  Except for when spammers show up.  Then I'm not so nice, lol.

Late to the party here, but I thought The Fourth Kind was awesome. It did seem really real (to me), and that was one of the best parts. Of course there was a jump scare every now and then, but overall I liked it.

The only FF film that has impressed me since Blair Witch is Grave Encounters 1 (which was genuinely the scariest film I have seen in a LONG time) and Rec 1 and 2. Tried Lovely Molly and couldn't get through the first 15 minutes. Tried The Bay. Not very impressed. Tried V/H/S, Even less impressed. Tried The Tunnel., EVEN less impressed.

I didn't even like Trollhunter as much as other people either

I need to check out Poughkeepsie Tapes. I tried watching that once before but got bored wit it within 10 minutes.

Would be interested on your thoughts on the different approach that Rec 3 took vomitdoll.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

You know what found footage film I really hated? The Tunnel, I hated that such a serious amount it's laughable.

I really didn't like it either. The main girl character gets very annoying quick. A middle of the road 5/10 for this flick in my opinion.

I'll agree on The Tunnel, that movie sucked so hard. The Poughkeepsie Tapes was great once you got into it, the scene where the killer breaks into a house where a teenager is alone is brutal and very real.

And as for REC: Genesis, well...I have never hated a movie in a franchise I have liked so much before (actually yes I have, but whatever you get my meaning).

@vasquez Grave Encounters definitely scared me. The second one just didn't make sense to me, maybe I need to pay more attention to it.
Lovely Molly was horrible in the first 20 minutes I watched of it as well, I guess I just had high expectations for it..which was too bad.
V/H/S it could have been really good if it really tried...Like that Skype segment...what even happened in the end??

Never saw Trollhunter but my husband was obsessed.

Give Poughkeepsie another try! It is one of my favorites, have it on a hard drive to watch when I need a little scare.

As for Rec 3 I haven't seen it yet, been putting it off for some odd reason...Maybe I will watch it tonight and get back to you about it. I liked the first two a lot though!

I'll agree on The Tunnel, that movie sucked so hard. The Poughkeepsie Tapes was great once you got into it, the scene where the killer breaks into a house where a teenager is alone is brutal and very real.

And as for REC: Genesis, well...I have never hated a movie in a franchise I have liked so much before (actually yes I have, but whatever you get my meaning).

If you take Rec 3 as a non-FF film though it is really rather good. Its a far better horror with touches of comedy than the horror comedy Cabin In The Woods was over praised for. The Spongebob character raised a smile from me more than anything in Cabin In The Woods.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-03-24 19:42:36)

That's the part that scared me the most about TPT. Maybe a little too real for me!

Vasquez wrote:

If you take Rec 3 as a non-FF film though it is really rather good. Its a far better horror with touches of comedy than the horror comedy Cabin In The Woods was over praised for. The Spongebob character raised a smile from me more than anything in Cabin In The Woods.

Just finished REC Genesis and I have to say it was pretty good if don't look at it from a FF style movie.
I enjoyed myself...I still like the first two way better in my mind but I don't regret watching it...8/10 for me!

Vomit - I think the VHS segment you are talking about is - The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger. 

*** SPOILER ***

Its been a while since I seen it... the aliens were using the girl to breed (I think - Or something similar).  The guy was in on it (don't remember why he was doing this).  So the guy really wasn't a ways away, and was close to help facilitate it.  He was trying to convince her she was crazy, so she wouldn't be suspicious.  So no, he wasn't in the closet, maybe a nearby apartment?

That sums it up from what I remember, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm off.  I enjoyed VHS.

Ghostseeker- Okay, because my husband just screamed WHAT at the top of his lungs and we were yelling at each other in confusion whether or not he lived in a closet...we were more confused over that than anything in VHS

*SPOILERS MAYBE*
He had been around in her childhood, I wonder if he was helping the aliens/ghosts do it all her life? I'm not sure...that segment made me really mad beside the one before the last one about the lake.

I liked it too, but it could have been way better...I think the hype is received made me up my expectations

^ Yes, he had been doing it to her for a while, and been doing it to others too.  I actually liked that segment, cuz it kinda freaked me out.

The only one I hated was the one at the lake.

I thought all the segments in VHS were decent, though some are obviously better than others. I thought the worst one was Second Honey Moon. Though a particular scene that is very giallo-eque is really cool, the story was just weak.

A new found footage movie from Renny Harlin (Die Hard 2 , NOEM 4 , Cutthroat island etc) , a joint russian-US production (?) based on the dyatlov pass incident , one of the biggest unsolved mystery in modern day.

The Dyatlov pass incident trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqfQupAZmDY

unware (2010) as Finally come out!

I going to be watching that tonight, I been waiting a really long time for this movie to movie come out!

Damn Bassi, where did you come across Unaware?  It has been on my list to see for what seems like forever.

Ghostseeker wrote:

^ Yes, he had been doing it to her for a while, and been doing it to others too.  I actually liked that segment, cuz it kinda freaked me out.

The only one I hated was the one at the lake.

I hated the lake one too...I was just mad the entire time.
I did laugh hysterically with that blonde girl though...like..really?

Theli wrote:

I thought all the segments in VHS were decent, though some are obviously better than others. I thought the worst one was Second Honey Moon. Though a particular scene that is very giallo-eque is really cool, the story was just weak.

The Second Honeymoon definitely could have been better, guess I just wanted more of a back story with it. So demanding...It freaked me out only a little because of the night time parts...Don't like that at all

alien25 wrote:

Damn Bassi, where did you come across Unaware?  It has been on my list to see for what seems like forever.

Online!  It came on over night!

Just put it on right now 

it's only 80 mins! (Loading dose take time)

Last edited by BASSI (2013-03-25 16:06:04)