Topic: Zombieland TV series.

Amazon.com has picked up the pilot episode of the television series based on the smash zombie hit,with the possibility of further episodes.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/25/zombi … zon-pilot/

Re: Zombieland TV series.

I don't get the point of this show. Don't get me wrong, if it ends up great, then that is good and it's another show to watch. But still, I don't understand the meaning of this show...simply existing, seriously. Why? Why does there need to be a TV show following the movie? If it has no relation to the movie (I don't know if it does), then why are they using the name 'Zombieland' except to cash in on it?

It's not like it's genius to have this type of show, they probably saw the success of The Walking Dead and then thought up this with the Zombieland title attached.

I don't know, I just can't really see the positive here. Maybe I'm wrong.

I would much rather see a sequel, but obviously that's not going to happen.

I can't see this lasting for too long if it gets past the pilot stage.  How many whacky comedic adventures can they write up?  It works for a movie or two, but the entire concept of a funny apocalypse seems like a hard thing to pull off over and over.

I'd love for it to work, but it comes across more as a cash grab than any serious attempt to make a good TV series.

I think it was originally meant to be a TV show (the movie, that is).

But, I am 100% against stupid recasting and a tacked on sequel-series. Why recast everyone and not just make new characters set within the same world? Or... get the original folks back. Incredibly dumb. Not even giving it a chance.

Didn't like the movie all that much to begin with.  A  TV show holds no interest for me at all.

I'm game. I love the movie, and if a series works out well, all that much better.

I thought the movie had a great start with Ride the Lightning blaring out, and the early scenes were fun. But then it devolved into typical teen romance tripe.

Great movie. Not to sure about a tv series though? If it was anything worthwhile you would think it would be on a real tv channel. Right?