Topic: Brotherhood of the Wolf - anyone remember this movie?

I still havent seen it but I have heard over the years it was pretty good. Its pretty much like Ghost and the Darkness with some over the top horror mixed with real life events.

I heard there's like a 2 disc collectors directors cut French edition or something?

Re: Brotherhood of the Wolf - anyone remember this movie?

I've seen and love it.  Mark Dascascos doing a little martial arts, a nifty wolf (try and catch him slinking around in the dark backgrounds), and some nice spooky.

Don't know anything about the DVD versions, though.

I remember this being a big deal among horror and action fans back during its release, but it didn't do a lot for me.  I'm a fan of Mark Dacascos (Only the Strong, bitches!) but the mishmashing of genres and use of then in-style HK-type action left the flick feeling schizophrenic to me.  Great cinematography, though.

This is still one of my all time favorites.  Some of the best martial arts in any movie ever imho.  I thought it was the perfect mix for me of horror, martial arts and hot naked women.  Plus Dacascos and Vincent Cassel...awesome. 

I don't know about the two disc either.  If you do see it though, I'd recommend getting it on disc and checking out the extras.  They have a fight that was cut out that is awesome.

I need to watch this again.

Yeah I'm with Lon on this one, I appreciate the movie, but it just didn't quite do it for me. I haven't seen it since it's release though, so my opinion may change with another viewing.

This is an awesome movie. I wish they'd do a great Blu Ray version for the states. The French blu is supposed to be great, but my blu player isn't all region...

I enjoyed it quite a bit.  In fact it is in one of my top tens...
http://www.horror-movies.ca/top-ten-con … ic-movies/

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2013-03-24 17:28:57)

Don't know about 2 disc but i know there's a 3 discs dvd CE set.

Nice movie. Mark Dacascos kicks some butt. It's a beautifully shot period film although there's some weak CG involving "the beast".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt9gVNkbZU8

kevink wrote:

This is an awesome movie. I wish they'd do a great Blu Ray version for the states. The French blu is supposed to be great, but my blu player isn't all region...

Check some reviews for your BR player.  For some reason, a bunch of BR players are lax on locking down BR regions, unlike DVDs.  My BR (an LG) even plays Region 2 DVDs. 
And with BR players' better CPUs and USB connections, there are ways to circumvent DRM.  Not that I or this site condone this, mind you.

I've been meanign to check it out, a co-worker kept mentioning this movie to me and the real life story it was based on and it sounds creepy as hell. The story does anyway. I think this is the reminder I needed to check it out.

Nice flick, I like how it diverges from the usual horror storyline. Don't see any resemblance to ghost and the darkness.