Re: The Walking Dead (Season 3)

Well, again, I can't say with absolute certainty.  I do my best to avoid reading anything about the comic, but there are a lot of fuck-tards on that site who seem to get off on posting spoilers without warning, so the instant I realize I'm heading into spoiler territory I divert my eyes.  You still can't help but catch little bits and pieces here and there, and that's all I got regarding the Gov in the comics -- just bits and pieces.  That's why I posted that thread about how to make spoilers invisible -- I'm not a mod on that other site, but here on HM?  I would rain hell and fury down on anyone who spoiled the show for me. lol

Last edited by LoudLon (2013-03-25 23:07:12)

Yeah, I went to that site and right away with the main pic it kinda gives things away.  I stay away from this Thread if I haven't seen the latest episode.

Well, now that you got me thinking of it, I could def see the Gov surviving for another season.  I at least hope there is some payback of some sort.

I forget who reads it here (Daphe, DG, Crispy?), but she has remarked that the comic and the show have marked differences, so Ghosty may not have to take a trip to the lost and found box next season.  big_smile
As for the accents, I think they are all very good.  Every time someone comes on the Talking Dead, I am again surprised that they're native English/Australian speakers.  It would be like if I'm on Skype and Lon breaks out in a Cambridge accent and HQ is suddenly a southern belle.  Or Wolfy became French.  lol

Le bollocks! lol

I agree with the accents.  I had no idea any of them were not from The States till reading this Thread.  IMHO, people knocking the Gov's accent in many cases are just looking for something to knock the show about.

The Gov thing - My evolving opinion on this has less to do with the comics (I didn't read them) and more to do with just thinking about it after reading Lon's posts.  Plus experiencing Joffrey on Game of Thrones.  I could see them keeping the Gov around.  They haven't really set themselves up for a new adversary, or even point of main tension.  Plus the Gov may be too good of a character for them to kill off after one season.  I could see something happening where the Gov loses the Town, and escapes or is exiled or something.  Thoguh, almost every prediction I've had has been wrong so who knows.  smile

I will really be disappointed if there isn't some sort of resolution next episode though.

LoudLon wrote:

Le bollocks! lol

I'm so visualizing Gerard Depardieu in a wolf suit saying that...

Couldn't find Depardieu in a wolf suit, but...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/gerard_zps093f1e31.jpeg

azathoth wrote:

I forget who reads it here (Daphe, DG, Crispy?), but she has remarked that the comic and the show have marked differences, so Ghosty may not have to take a trip to the lost and found box next season.  big_smile
As for the accents, I think they are all very good.  Every time someone comes on the Talking Dead, I am again surprised that they're native English/Australian speakers.  It would be like if I'm on Skype and Lon breaks out in a Cambridge accent and HQ is suddenly a southern belle.  Or Wolfy became French.  lol

sacre bleau ! non never!! what do you mean Lon breaks out in a Cambridge Accent , you blithering monkey hairy arse!! i'm from Cambridge, born and bred here so I have a Cambridge accent! HQ is A Northern Belle but i know you knew that and you're just trying to wind her up.don't insult me by calling me a garlic breath snail eater with fat arses and big noses!! Bah! i fart at you! Le Bollocks indeed!! thank you and good night!. lol by the way England are winning the football 1-0!

i'd like to thank you all for thinking of us and others not in the U.S by hiding the spoilers, unlike the rotten twats on Twitter who gave the spoiler on the latest episode away  without warning so i know what happens sad  the bloody bounders!! i protested and got back a "Sorry overseas dude but it's true"! well excuse me !! mutter mutter mutter............

Well, at least Wolfy caught my Lon-Cambridge connection, lol .
Yes, le bollocks, indeed. big_smile

Glad they diverge from the comic quite a lot, lets me enjoy it twice (though I'm not far ahead).

Anyway, wonder what the casualties will be like in the finale.

I wasn't sure about the Governor at the start, but he has been a good villain I guess. Merle has been great this season too.

The best thing for the show would be to off the Gov in the finale, I think it would hold the show back to keep him around. Keep things moving forward, and fresh.

I have to catch up on some episodes. I'm a little behind.

If they killed off the Gov, what would be the new threat...other than zombies? tongue

Well, the way the series has played out, it goes back and forth between an external threat and an internal one from season to season.  An external threat in the first season (the emergence of the walking dead); an internal threat in the second season (Shane, and the best season so far IMO); and now an external threat in this third season (The Governor). 

Maybe next season they'll do take the internal threat approach again, though for the life of me I can't imagine how they'd do it.  Rick and Co. have already weeded out anyone who might cause strife in the group and everyone who's left are all pretty much on the same wavelength.  So maybe Tyreese and what's left of his group will join up with Rick and his group and something will stir up there, I don't know.

Hahaha

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGkofTTCQAEKruK.jpg:large

hahhaahahah

I like that too Punk!  Awesome.  I love Michon.  Like...not to be weird, but I mean, I really love her.  Like, I'm in love with her.  In fact, what are you doing with a picture of the woman I love?  Dam you punk...you just had to move in on her didn't you?  I hate you.

Ok...looking forward to the finale!  smile

Wow Carl!

I'm glad you do Ghostseeker. Love her and hate me that is. lol

So am I waiting for it. Gotta wait a few weeks for it to show up in Cyberspace though. Ah well.

It's tearing me apart, knowing it's on right now and that I can't watch it.  I have to wait another hour or so, when someone's uploaded it online, then download it, THEN watch it. 

And don't forget spoiler warnings!  Brits won't get this final episode 'til the end of the week.

What up? You think I'm new at this game?  No spoilers here!  And another Wow!

Oh, that wasn't directed at you, Pam-Pam.  That's a reminder from a discussion that took place last week. smile

Well, let me just say I'm very sad right now.  sad

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. I felt that loss, and I wasn't her biggest fan. And Carl, I think that's going to be a problem in the future.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.
Lucky I'm patient. lol

I'm not, is it October yet?