Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

whoa you have some reading to doooooo

Just bought today Demonologist by Andrew Pyper

Last edited by MoonRaven (2013-03-14 22:15:36)

not Horror...preparing to read James Joyce The Dead

I just finished read Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. It was definitely an original book in style and format. The writing is relatively simple and easy to follow along with, very minimalistic, but the format is interesting. It's told from multiple different points of view and goes through different segments; present, poetry and past.

I liked the book but by the end it felt like there was no difference between every character, they were all bitter pricks. The book is a little pretentious at times too. That said I like the original format and themes, and I like the no holds barred attitude of Chuck Palahniuk, he will write anything he wants. There is some very disturbing and very absurd scenes in this book.

Currently reading Flesh by Richard Laymon, gonna start on Interview with a Vampire next.

How is Flesh so far? I've been interested in exploring some of Laymon's works.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Currently reading Flesh by Richard Laymon, gonna start on Interview with a Vampire next.

I just bought Interview with a Vampire graphic novel.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/marcymoon/9484C56E-E0A5-4AF0-95E7-C7B21B592E36-14893-000007BD8BAAD810_zpsc1265fda.jpg

Last edited by MoonRaven (2013-03-20 05:11:53)

My Barnes and Noble books finally arrived. Seemed like forever.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/marcymoon/479F2DF1-8C3C-437B-AB1D-650D781D737D-14893-000007BDA61809DE_zps4890b294.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/marcymoon/F0664AE3-BC14-4639-8CBB-68D1D162E39C-14893-000007BD9E521122_zpsecce00ad.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/marcymoon/FD27A17C-22EA-46C4-AC71-8AB3A74B1D30-14893-000007BD96CBAEFF_zps591d59b8.jpg

Very nice hard covers there MoonRaven!

Those look great! I still read real books, but so many of my friends do it on a tablet now. I haven't ried that yet, but I do love the tactile part of having a book. Though the nice thing about the tablet is you don't have shelves filled with books.

I just finished reading Lincoln, Team of Rivals (not the vampire slayer). It was a really great read (if you like history). He was a pretty extraordinary person. Someone who I would have liked to have met... wait, that's a different thread!

I love books.
My book shelf is full but so is my iPad.
As convenient as an iPad is, nothing beats having the actual book.

Just finished reading Heroes: Saving Charlie by Aury Wallington.

I agree with Theli and Getken - MoonRaven, those hard covers look like fantastic additions to your library. I've been working on my book collection as well, but mostly all I can afford at the present moment are paperbacks. That's fine with me though. Just as long as I get to read a book in physical format. I'm sure iPads are cool and everything, but I prefer the physical comfort of reading an open book very much.

Picked up a couple books and a graphic novel.
Dean Koontz - Watchers
Stephen King - Carrie
Baltimore: The Curse Bells (graphic novel)

I'll probably plow through Baltimore then pick Watchers or Carrie, I'm leaning towards Carrie.

I liked Carrie a lot.
One of my favs.

I got Dean Koontz's Watchers and Strangers from the library for ¢10 each.  Paperback, a bit beat up, but hey, the price was right.

Can't go wrong with that, even if the books do suck.

^^
Yep yep, though I do like Koontz, so it's a good deal all the way around.

The published screenplay for L.A. Confidential with an introduction by the novel's author, master of dark crime fiction James Ellroy.  One of the best written screenplays I've ever read, and I've read hundreds.

Day By Day Armageddon:  Shattered Hourglass

by JL Bourne

PAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoudLon wrote:

The published screenplay for L.A. Confidential with an introduction by the novel's author, master of dark crime fiction James Ellroy.  One of the best written screenplays I've ever read, and I've read hundreds.

I still need to check this film out. I love dark crime fiction, I'm a huge fan the old noir films and crime novels. The Black Dahlia was a decent movie, though it didn't get much love.

Last edited by Theli (2013-03-29 14:32:55)

Lonnnnyyyyy!!!

^^^ That's my name, don't wear it out.  It is very literally getting old. lol

Theli -- L.A. Confidential is one of my all-time top ten favorite movies.  The book is a sprawling beast with upwards of 100 characters and eight different storylines which combine in a labyrinthine main plot, but the movie condenses it all brilliantly into three key storylines, and still has something like 80 speaking parts.  It's an amazing film, perfectly acted from all involved and more twists and turns than a pitfull of snakes and captures the seedy side of '50s Los Angeles perfectly.  I literally lost count of how many times I've seen it, but I know it's at least fifty. lol

Just finished reading Darkfall by Dean Koontz.