Topic: "The Truck" an indie road horror

Hello from Lee Vervoort to the world of HM.CA and horror fans world wide. Introducing our next film currently in pre-production..."THE TRUCK".

Unfortunately we don't have much to show at the moment as we do not start filming for another 3 weeks, but we wanted to give everyone a little heads up notice as what to look forward to.

"The Truck" is an 80's throwback road horror film that tells the story of Roger and Alice who are a happy young couple on a weekend excursion to go look at an abandoned campground that Roger has inherited.

On the way there, they encounter an old four wheel drive that adds miles of terror. Is there anyone driving? Or is it driven by pure evil?

Filming begins in the latter part of March, and as of now has our favorite local actors Tim Emery as a Sheriff and Andy Grace as his deputy. Emery and Grace both participated in the Gun Town film which was released in 2009.

Music score will once again be provided by Danny Lee Ramsey of Little Hollywood Studios in Nashville, TN. who also has a cameo role in this road horror feature. We are also in talks with One Eyed Doll of Austin, TX. for additional tunes to be added.

Our locations are breath taking. A small town that is stuck in time with old brick buildings and such, the Copper Canyon Ranch that is providing the campground scene and our incredible location for the grand finale which we are not disclosing until you see the film. (can't spoil it!)

"Like" us on Facebook to keep up with tidbits as they are released.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Truc … mp;fref=ts

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp153/aceofspades70/TRUCKBACKGROUNDPIC_zpsad4dd4c9.jpg

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp153/aceofspades70/TRUCKCOVERPHOTO_zps038a4fe6.jpg

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2013-03-03 10:39:48)

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

Good deal.  Hope production goes smoothly for you and can't wait to see the finished product.  smile

I really like the sound of it! Hope it goes well for you and that I get to see it sometime. big_smile

Sounds great! Looking forward to some teasers!

Pre-production shots-

http://radium.somatika.net/MonkeyTruck.gif

azathoth wrote:

Pre-production shots-

http://radium.somatika.net/MonkeyTruck.gif

you're killin' me Smalls.

That sounds great Lee.  I can't wait to see it!   You know how I love evil car movies..lol

Should have been on Skype weekend before last for our Wheels of Terror Night.  Lee made a bunch of promises with this new flick and I'm gonna hold him to every single one of 'em. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

Should have been on Skype weekend before last for our Wheels of Terror Night.  Lee made a bunch of promises with this new flick and I'm gonna hold him to every single one of 'em. big_smile

....oh shit yikes

I have faith in you, man.  smile

DirtyGirl wrote:

That sounds great Lee.  I can't wait to see it!   You know how I love evil car movies..lol

I'm in the same team as you miss.

And as what azathoth posted, it looks VERY promising. lol

Heading to the Facebook page to share it with my buddies in there, All 300 something of them so that's a nice publicity for The Truck I think.

I dig the title.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-03 01:33:40)

^^
"I dig the title."  - I agree, has much more kick the The Moped. big_smile

If it's as good as Gun Town, it will be hella cool.  Ace got the skillz.  And when did I become an ebonic Cartman?  lol

^^^
You funny primate. big_smile

Facebook hates me tonight and I don't feel like rebooting now [stuff downloading] to fix it. Bookmarked. And of course I'll share it when you'll have stuff on the page, would be stoopid to share a blank page. roll

BTW, the link you posted leads nowhere and the Facebook search is pure crap so gotta LOVE Google. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-03 02:04:27)

kXnPunk wrote:
DirtyGirl wrote:

I'm in the same team as you miss.

And as what azathoth posted, it looks VERY promising. lol

Heading to the Facebook page to share it with my buddies in there, All 300 something of them so that's a nice publicity for The Truck I think.

I dig the title.

hey thanks man. I appreciate it.

Let me see if I can get that link fixed.

alright....fixed.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Truc … mp;fref=ts

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2013-03-03 10:40:17)

BAM!
4000 TTs to Acey because I'm too poor to give him any money!

ok everyone, I'm headed to Ky. to do final prep. Then we start filming Tuesday. Wish us luck and safety as we dive head first into the world of cinema. Stay tuned to our FB page as we give reports and video updates.

Thank you for all of your support.

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2013-03-14 17:31:21)

WwwooohOOO!!! Have a nice time and come back in one piece.
Hoping everything goes cool. I"ll stay tuned. smile

Ha!  Stop by and see Lon.  Have fun.

Sounds awesome...this is a great idea for a low budget indie horror flick. Its about time someone did this! Soooo looking forward to this, Lee!

Good luck!

Right on Lee, glad to see you're back in the saddle again.  Best of luck on the trip and the project!

Sounds really cool, looking forwards to seeing it.

hey everyone, hope you guys are doing great. We have hit a snag in the weather and are down for a day or two. Today we are making a video blog and releasing some set pics. Stay tuned....

^^
Cool.  Nice to get an update from The Beard.  Everyone is having weird weather recently.

alright, we're back on track and rolling camera. weather is fine and shots are great. as long as everything holds out, we're in good shape.

Power to you and your crew!!!
From the Evil side of course. big_smile