Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Check your PMs.

Done.  Speaking of which...

Suspiria89 -- check your PMs!

The Swamp of the Ravens
Crazy 1974 Ecuadorian WTFer.  An ostracized mad scientist hellbent on creating life by experimenting with fresh cadavers has been forced to continue his experiments in a shack out in the swamps.  Throw in some ill-fated romance, some cat and mouse with the coppers, some creepy "floaters", a little implied necrophilia to keep all us pervs happy, and some thick swampy atmosphere and you have yourself one interesting piece of film.  Admittedly it lags at times, but they throw in some really surprising authentic autopsy footage with some of the cast at one point so that almost makes up for it  lol

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2013-03-28 23:00:23)

LoudLon, about Radha, my thoughts EXACTLY!!! big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-29 00:48:26)

Dead End Drive-In (1986)

My review:  Shit pickle

Boring as all get out.
2/10

Dead End Drive-In

This movie is shit. Don't ever watch it.

1.5/10 completely and totally boring

DEAD SEASON [2012]
Oh damn yeah!!!
8/10

Azzie, HQ -- I could have told you that. lol

^^
At this point, it's our thing- gotta watch some bad horror.
Tomorrow is The Video Dead (1987).  Come join!

"Julia's eyes" ( 2010) not sure this could be called horror really more a thriller.you know i'm not keen on subtitled movies but this Spanish film is ok but you know the next morning i can remember very little about it. 6/10

azathoth wrote:

Dead End Drive-In (1986)

My review:  Shit pickle

Boring as all get out.
2/10

I found it on imdb and it was listed as horror. Truly awful.

azathoth wrote:

@Punk-  I have to disagree with you.  While the first movie didn't hold 100% true to the film, the 2nd film kind of went off the rails both of the 1st movie and the game series.  And the spider monster?  Ugh.

@Vas- I would have loved to be at an original showing of the Tingler!  Castle was some kind of lunatic PR guy; I love it!  Probably why I liked Popcorn so much.

He is certainly a interesting character - the master viral marketer of his day. I love his intro for The Tingler. It reminds me of the intro to the 1931 Frankenstein film.

Uninvited (1988) well its' was on YouTube, 

A scientific corporation of ill repute loses control of its test subject--a poisonous, mutant cat

This was one bizarre movie, I did liked how the moved paced, there were some calm scenes and the cool Bloody scenes in this movie.

There were so very bad scenes in this movie, I loved it cause some of scene were so bad that they were funny.

There were some decent gory scenes in this movie for the PG 13 in 80's and Did like the idea of plot,  some scenes were done right at time.

Really odd B-movie 4/5 out of 10

Sup guys, new here.

I recently saw session 9, I thought it was awesome; I love it when small budget movies come through with a great story behind it.

Welcome PapiRico! I hope you enjoy your stay here. I know some people here really liked Session 9, it never really turned my crank though. But to each their own!

I just bought the following: Lovely Molly, deadgirl, cure and Inside (french one)

Never seen any of those.

Last edited by PapiRico52 (2013-03-29 20:12:27)

Shrooms

I was going to be lenient and give it a 6/10, but it ended on a sour note with me.

Spoiler - A group of friends fly to Ireland to meet a friend and do shrooms in the woods. Irish friend tells scary story. They have trips and believe they're being picked off by the two figures in Irish friend's story. Turns out the lead actress was the killer. Her visions of her friends being were her committing the acts.

Docked that BS from a 6/10 to a 4/10.

On to Squirm.

Since viewing Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies, I may give the Asylum films a chance. I am open to a lot of horror films despite the quality, so the Asylum films shouldn't be different. One of my favourite films is Sabretooth, a SCIFI (yes I did) original movie. After Squirm, I'll follow that with Asylum's Hansel & Gretel and Sand Sharks. (that film I believe is not one of theirs)

PapiRico52 wrote:

I just bought the following: Lovely Molly, deadgirl, cure and Inside (french one)

Never seen any of those.

Deadgirl is the standout film from that bunch for me.

Theli wrote:

Welcome PapiRico! I hope you enjoy your stay here. I know some people here really liked Session 9, it never really turned my crank though. But to each their own!

Never liked Session 9 that much also. I know where that clip of the guy from CSI that is always in them 4chan youtube videos is from now though.

Well still into what passionates me like H3LL and Succubi do. Japanese Horror and this one is another marvel of their crazy and wild atmospheric Ghost story. Chef d'œuvre total.

KURONEKO [1968]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122136/

Nobuko Otowa and her daughter played by miss Taichi are just wonderfully fabulous. And damn I like the 60's cam work, beautiful images.

A true effin' blast.
666.666.666/10

ASIA RULES!!!

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

On to Squirm.

Since viewing Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies, I may give the Asylum films a chance. I am open to a lot of horror films despite the quality, so the Asylum films shouldn't be different. One of my favourite films is Sabretooth, a SCIFI (yes I did) original movie. After Squirm, I'll follow that with Asylum's Hansel & Gretel and Sand Sharks. (that film I believe is not one of theirs)

I watched 'Legion of the Dead' which is an asylum film.
Wasn't digging it.

Eh, not all of their films. Might add Abe Lincoln vs Zombies and Hansel & Gretel to my list of movies to get. I might also check out their creature features for the hell of it.

I saw A'lInterieur  (inside) DAMN that was fucking nuts!!!!

Me and my buds were like crazy with that movie.

Return to House on Haunted Hill (2007) 

Had some interesting death sequence's but that's about it unfortunately. Should have listened to the terrible reviews more carefully I think