Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Conjurer (2008)

This movie as been on my watch list for really long, The trailer dose
make this movie look a lot more creepy then it is.

The movie start of well with Couple lose Miscarry the Baby , it kind at
first you felt really sorry for then.

Then movie to country side to have fresh start,

For first 20 minutes felt like this could be a good movie , some calm
scenes in this movie felt a little bland at times.

Some of those scenes do drag here and there, I felt what was point of
the wife in this movie, she barely in the movie, had no reason for her
to be in movie as most of the movie, Just show doing normal house work.

While Husband is started to bit freaked out seeing thing in this movie,

Some of the scare Scene or the Jump scenes, were not scary at all, they
tired to make it creepy by keeping far from each other but think it
failed, other scenes felt empty

The whole movie was just about watch-able and twist was decent, I had
didn't see it coming at all but this dose leave some plots holes in the
movie.

( I heard cast and crew were actually haunted on set, and those stories
they told were a lot creepy then this movie )

The acting from two mane lead were really were bad in some scenes, as
some scenes were almost un -watchable.

4 out of 10

Last of the living (2009)

This another that been on my watch list for long time, I have tired watch before, As this very low budget movie, it did put off.

A contagious virus is turning everyone into zombies, and the only hope for survival lies in the hands of three couch potatoes.

The movie starts just liKe 28 days later, when Man in mid 20's is walking around empty street and News flash of it at the start of what going on.

As Its went to meant to Horror comedy but I didn't find any of zombie that scary at all, some were very stranger then others, some doggey make up effect and it wasn't really that gory at all.

Felt same scenes were getting repeated over and over again and those scenes end up dragging at well, I do mean killing Zombie scenes. well.

I don't think I laughed more then once, The thing that I laugh was not really that funny but I didn't find any of other things funny at all.

The acting was really tame time from most of the cast, at the ending what was with shouting, that way, way over the top.

Ending was predictable and kind boring for zombie to end that way!

3 out of 10

Hoping 3rd  movie of the day is not a bad one

Lake Mungo (2008)

Creepy, documentary seemed plausible (how it was shot, the interviews etc.) - if not a bit too serious - but it was a good watch. One scene in particular was very unnerving.

6/10

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986)

Been on the watchlist for a while. I felt kind of stupid because I had seen the cover before, and I thought he was dressed in a prison garb and so the movie would be told after capture. Whoops. Anyway, very dark movie made on a low budget, but made well. Rooker played the part almost too convincingly. Henry doesn't even know what remorse is. I thought it would turn out differently, too. Felt... dirty(?) after watching some scenes as well.

8/10

Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness

I watched the series with a buddy of mine yesterday. Always worth a 30th (give or take) re-watching.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-03-30 20:03:37)

Squirm

It didn't get the skin crawling like Slugs did, but it's okay. 6/10

Hansel & Gretel

Jesus Christ, I just wanted that movie to end. Took FOREVER for anything remotely interesting to happen. Asylum, if you're going to cash in with your cheap rip offs, at least have fun with it. Dee Wallace was the best thing about the film, preventing a complete zero rating. 1/10

Hopefully, and I do mean hopefully, Sand Sharks is a dumb fun movie.

^^
Whoa, asking Asylum to make anything even remotely correct is like asking Full Moon to make The Exorcist.  That is a heady request, my friend.  lol

edit- Sand Sharks is dumb and fun.  It has a nice level of incompetence.  Jersey Shore Shark Attack is still the winner for awful SyFy "originals," though.  If you know anything about the MTV show Jersey Shore, you'll spend most of the time laughing.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-03-31 03:10:35)

Am I the only one that just freaking LOVES Asylum stuff in here or what???

If you are big fan psychological thrillers, I Recommend you this movie,

Next Door Aka Naboer (2005) is a 2005 Norwegian psychological thriller film.

John has just been left by his girlfriend Ingrid. That day he allows himself to be seduced into a mystical and scary world, where it is impossible to separate truth from the lies

This was very strange movie, in a good way, It get kept me entertained from the start to the end movie, I did not once I look away from scene in this 75 min movie.

There were some odd and confusing moment in this movie, as this movies really mess with your head and as it come closer to ends, who wondering how the hell is coming to end.

I really liked how the story can to end and the last scene in the movie, the last scenes in this movie will stay with you for every long time after see that scenes as I found that last scenes very disturbing.

Great psychological movie 8/10

^^^
Oh yes, watched it a few weeks back and it is great.
Norway Horror is always great.

kXnPunk wrote:

You just might be tongue

I'm the only savior of cheesy crappy Horror. Bless me. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-31 09:31:52)

kXnPunk wrote:

Nah, you have me for company.  big_smile
My specialty on HM is to watch the worst of the worst.  Sometime today I'm watching Full Moon's latest, Ooga Booga.  Black kid killed by racist cops, then turns into some kind of African doll for revenge.  How can that go wrong? lol
And aren't you the one that likes Bill Zebub?

Army Of Darkness

Just saw "In a Glass House"

It's an spanish movie about a nazi dude that experimented on kids and molested them sexually, he tries to commit suicide and he ends up alive and F'ed up in an iron lung.

So they hire a male nurse to take care of him, but he finds his diary of what he has done and  starts doing things he did.

It was sort of ok, a bit too slow for my taste.

Saw deadgirl too.

I loved it she was creepy as hell; although the dude was a bit sissy.

I think the acting was very good from both guys and deadgirl.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Whoa, asking Asylum to make anything even remotely correct is like asking Full Moon to make The Exorcist.  That is a heady request, my friend.  lol

edit- Sand Sharks is dumb and fun.  It has a nice level of incompetence.  Jersey Shore Shark Attack is still the winner for awful SyFy "originals," though.  If you know anything about the MTV show Jersey Shore, you'll spend most of the time laughing.

I know that was in jest, but seriously if they're smart enough to trick people into watching their film believing it's the real one, they should be smart enough to go wild with the damn thing.

Silly comment on my part. Have you seen the dvd cover? It screams dumb and fun.

^^
Ha ha, great cover.

Paranormal Activity (2009)

Yeah, didn't really do much for me unfortunately. Saw it in the cinema and enjoyed it, but seeing it again, knowing what happen's, meant it wasn't scary at all.

V/H/S (2012)

I liked the first and last video's. The rest were average at best.

2001 Maniacs

Damien: The Omen II (1978)

I thought it was well made but it just didn't go anywhere. I hoped that they wouldn't redo the basic events of the first movie but then they did. Boring. The over use of the crow was annoying as well. Make it more interesting.

Storywise it felt like a dud, making it a stepping-stone entry to a later part without having much strength to carry it by itself. But the kid playing Damien did a good job, though his character's transition into a teenager from his creepy younger counterpart wasn't handled too well. Also cool to see Lance Henriksen, but they didn't really use his character. The opening was good.

5/10

TOBIAS wrote:

V/H/S (2012)

I liked the first and last video's. The rest were average at best.

Agreed.

I just finished watching The Girl Next Door (2007). As others have said here it`s is truly a tragic story. The story of an orphaned girl and her sister who are abused and confined by their adoptive aunt, her sons and the neighbourhood kids. It`s a tough watch at times, and you can`t help but keep thinking throughout "Why won`t Davie tell his parents?", just to let it end. Great movie overall, though with some exaggerated characters.

azathoth wrote:

Nah, you have me for company.  big_smile
My specialty on HM is to watch the worst of the worst.  Sometime today I'm watching Full Moon's latest, Ooga Booga.  Black kid killed by racist cops, then turns into some kind of African doll for revenge.  How can that go wrong? lol
And aren't you the one that likes Bill Zebub?

Well that's cool. And I don't know if I'm "THE ONE" but I like him. Zombiechrist and Kill The Scream Queen are awesome.

Theli, I always think this one and the comedy with ÜBER SEXY canadian beauty Elisha Cuthbert are the same so I always wonder what in it creeped people out to consider it Horror. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-31 17:35:48)

Insidious

Rest Stop ( 2006) I don't why but for few weeks, I got this mixed up with Drive Thru (2007), A few year ago, least Drive Thru was a lot fun to watch and really enjoyed). (Funny both of these movie 4.4 IMBd site) both went to Straight to DVD

A young couple seem to go on a road, they almost get hit my another car, only for boyfriedsn to angry shout abuse at the driver before it's drivers off.

They come to rest stop, where the girl goes nasty bathroom and come back out to see her boyfriends gone, first she thinks a Joke.

I found the whole movie was jokes, cause felt so bored after all that happened and then movies just kept on going aroudn and around and around in circles and those scenes were not that good at all.

They were not scary or tense or anything there really flat from start to end of the movie, I Could wait for the movie for come to end.

Just before 45 minutes I was trying really hard to fall a sleep as I thought the movie could be better in the last of movie,

I was wrong there too as is stayed in that bleke flat zone and the acting was all over the place of Girl, could not take her serious at all. (In few scenes she clam and the next crying and going of the top and some scenes act like she read from the script.

The whole movie was very Predictable, nothing not really done in other horror/thrillers movies, I done much better then this.

There one scenes that I really liked in this movie, which I thought was really stranger and very odd in good but that scenes was really point-less as it had nothing little main plot the movie.

2/10 Avoid it , That one scenes is not worth it to sit through this mess

Childs Play 2 - has been a guilty pleasure of mine ever since I was a kid. Not a good movie by any means, but it's entertaining and I love the toy factory finale. 7/10

Theli wrote:

I just finished watching The Girl Next Door (2007). As others have said here it`s is truly a tragic story. The story of an orphaned girl and her sister who are abused and confined by their adoptive aunt, her sons and the neighbourhood kids. It`s a tough watch at times, and you can`t help but keep thinking throughout "Why won`t Davie tell his parents?", just to let it end. Great movie overall, though with some exaggerated characters.

I am Giving that watch tonight!

Last movie I saw
Farmhouse (2008)

After seeing the trailer for this movie, I was afraid they showed way to much of the movie.

Here another movie were We follow a young couple as they leave their everyday lives behind and head out to a new beginning; starting over from scratch and while Driver , Chad who ends up falling a sleep at the wheel, Crash the car.

We get flash back of happened in before they decided to movie way, it felt really strange for them for keeping going back wards now and again, it got really annoying at the times and Felt of place.

Soon there see house they go there, These to couple who are at the house seem very friends (TOO Friendly, Which I thought would have creepy for stranger to say those thing then sooner then later thing that nasty turn.

These couple soon turn nasty and keep the other hostage for some part of the movie, these Torture scenes were really that good or that nasty however There one scenes I found did find A bit nasty , Let just I won't use Cheese crater today for sure.

Then they go over the board with over done twist , which I been done so many times now, It's getting boring now, I make the pass hour Point-less and a waste of time.

The ending really ruined the movie , I kind of felt a little cheated. however I did not get board with this movie, it get entertained thought out the movie, the acting was really good from the short cast in this movie.

5 out of 10

Sand Sharks
Goddamn shark puns and idiotic things characters were doing/saying. Mildly entertaining. The shark attacks and shockingly Brooke Hogan were the good things in the film. 3/10

Swamp Devil
Sweet young Melanie Blaine returns to her small backwoods country hometown of Gibbington to check on her estranged ex-sheriff father Howard, who's the primary suspect in a series of grisly murders. Nice guy local Jimmy Fuller helps Melanie out. Melanie eventually finds her dad and discovers that something not human and much more sinister than a mere mortal man is responsible for the killings. (from IMDB, too lazy)

Took almost half the film for the story to unfold, but I was hooked. Doesn't rely on gore, instead the atmosphere and swamp setting are perfectly used. Only thing I didn't like was the creature being shown so early in the film. 8/10

I have Carnosaur waiting for me on Netflix.