Topic: Shutter - An Asian Horror/Supernatural Experience!

I had come across this movie a while ago and it is a good thing i did find it. The whole experience is definitely worth it. With all the Asian horror movies out there that have a range from the sick and twisted to the supernatural. I gotta say this is definitely right up to par with those. This has a similar feel to it as Pulse and Ju-On. With great camera works, acting, and storyline, this is definitely one of those movies that you shouldn't pass up. If you come across this movie, i highly recommend you owning it.

Here's my review for the movie:
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_2721.htm

Here's a trailer to the movie:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwy8QSQliGk[/youtube]

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-09-12 20:36:06)

Re: Shutter - An Asian Horror/Supernatural Experience!

It'sa good film.  Some good positive reviews on site and has been mentioned in several threads about favorite asian films or favorite ghost/supernatural films.  Remake is in the progress(no surprise here)

Here is a thread on the remake:
http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=1891

Thanks jmh but DAMN! A god damn remake to this movie. Yeah i know it's no surprise but still. DAMNIT!

I've been wanting to see this...I'l have to pick it up one of these days. I've been wanting to see The Red Shoes and Bloody Reunion too...those any good?

I have seen Bloody Reunion and so has jmh and both of our reviews are up for it. We each have different takes on the movie. But i enjoyed it. I haven't seen The Red Shoes yet.

great review man! and nice touch posting like JMH does, gives everyone a great feel for the film. I may have to check this one out.

Thanks Meh. I really appreciate it. I really enjoy writing reviews about the different Asian horror movies.

and i know im not alone in saying i enjoy reading em!

Great review BDD. I think I'll be picking this up soon. big_smile

Thanks RER. I really appreciate it. Meh and RER, you can actually pick this up at Best Buy or Circuit City. I found my copy over at Best Buy.

I agree with you BDD Shutter is an excellent film.

Meh wrote:

great review man! and nice touch posting like JMH does, gives everyone a great feel for the film. I may have to check this one out.

heh yeah i like to make a post about films i review if they are foreign or indie.  Lot of good gems people need to know about....or bad apples that no one should see.  lol

Oh and I have always liked how the DVD case for Shutter says: Shutter  and thne underneath is says (the original)  lol.

And RER The Red Shoes is interesting.  I missed some of the beginning so i didnt review it but I am working on landing a copy for cheap so I can see the whole thing and review it.  It's worth a look though.  Haunted shoes.....

My DVD isn't Tartan. That must be a newer release.

Yes, Shutter is good. One of the better Asian horror movies.