Topic: Clowns

That is really something I don't understand.
People being afraid of them. I'm not and never was, always LOVED them to Death. I worked as one for 8 months in my teenage years when I had red dreadlocks so the only thing I needed was the make up. The kids loved me. A little girl even told me once that I was the coolest clown she's seen. I almost cried, it was so touching especially her cute little face she did when saying that. smile

Yes, some are Evil like Pennywise and the Poltergeist toy one but H3LL, I like Evil things so I love these clowns even more than the normal ones.

So was it a bad experience as a kid that made you fear them or what???

Help me understand.

And hopefully someone else likes 'em...

Re: Clowns

big_smile

http://www.clownsrbad.com/wp-content/uploads/zipper.500x375.jpg

^^^
The coolest one I've seen in a while. smile

http://i.imgur.com/2wK09X8.gif

clowns...i can't. I don't even know why they give me the creeps. I was okay with them as a kid but grew up and can't stand them. My kid, he loves them, so i sit with him and side eye the clown...

Watch Pagliachi for an awesome clown tragedy, an amazing opera. And nope not sacred of clowns, don't love'em either.

Just took this picture the other day... be afraid...
http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/Ken_Willinger/TU9A0207_zps70644dc2.jpg

Last edited by getken (2013-04-03 13:42:31)

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed, life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears."But doctor" He says, "I am Pagliacci."

Watchmen, bitches!

Yeah, I've never understood fear of clowns.  Maybe if you were assaulted by one when you were a kid, sure, but what's scary about heavy make-up and a funny outfit?  If that's all it took, you'd be afraid of fashion models, too.

Even as someone with psych evaluation experience, this fear has never made any sense to me.

I've always had a fear of clowns, and I know where my fear stems from too. I remember I was at a party as a kid (my guess is like 8 or 9 years old) and I didn't know that much people at the party anyway, and on top of that there was this clown. The man who was the clown was huge, as in overweight I mean. And really tall as well, and for some reason, he just kept going back to me. He frightened me enough with his clown makeup and how he towered over me, then he just keeps trying to pull me out in front of all these people I don't know and keeps doing this awful laugh.

And from that alone, it gets to me. I'm not saying I'll run away with fear from seeing a clown to this day, but I get really uneasy when I see one. So yeah, I'd say I'm scared/nervous of them.

LoudLon wrote:

If that's all it took, you'd be afraid of fashion models, too.

Hahaha that's a great one mate. Loving it.

I've never had an issue with them myself, nor do I love them, but I do love to see a creepy clown in the movies.

I have one theory about the clown thing.  Being a clown is not exactly top-notch employment, which may lead to a bit of drinking.  Which leads to some less-than-spectacular clowns at birthday parties that freak kids out.  Or the buzzer handshake or watergun flower.

That's all I can think of.
If I ran into a threatening clown, I'd sic Big George to hump him until that smile turned upside down.

^^^
Well I was VERY, I mean VERY well payed so it's not that job that led into the drinking. I'm born an alcoholic that's what lead to it. lol

^^To your point Az, if you haven't seen it yet, check out Stitches, a fun flick.

^^
Heh, HQ, Golem and I just watched that last week, and we did have fun with it.  HQ was less than impressed, I liked the gore, and Golem had already seen it before (his suggestion).

I don't fear them but I don't trust them either. What kind of person wakes up and says I want to be a clown. IMO most are pedophiles. I say burn them all ala the salem witch trials.

mike3881 wrote:

What kind of person wakes up and says I want to be a clown. IMO most are pedophiles.

Me. I woke up one day and went to get a Clown job. Which I got.
And I ain't no pedophile, even if spmetimes I like 16-18 girls a lot. lol

My favorite clown is The Joker. Most clows throw pies at peoples face and make balloon animals but this badass mofo can shove an entire pencil up someones eye. They don't call him The Clown Prince Of Crime for nothin.

You are a odd person if it's true. Like I said imo "most" are.  Don't trust them and never will. Burn them burn them all to hell.

Done that 8 months and had red dreadlocks so I needed only make up.

But yeah, I know I'M VERY, VERY WEIRD!!! lol

Tripod wrote:

My favorite clown is The Joker. Most clows throw pies at peoples face and make balloon animals but this badass mofo can shove an entire pencil up someones eye. They don't call him The Clown Prince Of Crime for nothin.

Him and Pennywise are my favorite ones EVER. They both ROCK!!!

^^^^^Atleast they don'thide who they are.

kXnPunk wrote:

I'M VERY, VERY WEIRD!!!

This is very true.  smile

^^^
I don't think anyone here can deny this. lol

Come on, Clowns outside of the circus and TV are either annoying attention seekers or just scary freaks. 

Wouldn't you be scared if you saw a clown in your room at night?!