Re: Indiana Jones

You're lucky, I can't wait to get that set. I might get it around the end of the year. I'm kinda waiting for a price drop.

That reminds me..I haven't seen the Indiana Jones flicks in a while. I should give the trilogy a watch. Harrison Ford is a great actor too, and I got a kick out of seeing him in Cowboys vs Aliens.

After rewatching the series again, this is probably closer to my final ranking:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

I tend to go back and forth on TLC and KOTCS.

A heads up to Indy fans looking to get the new Blu-ray set that some places are having it on sale for now for just $29.99. I'll be seeking it out for Black Friday, hope to find it.

Giving this a little bump, wonder if there's more Indy fans around here. Love this series.

Raiders is my favorite. I was pissed when it came out. Somebody made the movie I wanted to make!

You saw it in theaters when it came out? I'd love to see it on a theater screen.

I don't think I asked before, but how does everyone rank the series? I posted mine just a few posts up. I love them all but Raiders and TOD have always been my favorites.

I just watched The Crystal Skull again yesterday, what a stupid movie. I can't get over the absolute ridiculousness that happens in it. I don't care about the plot, sure there are aliens but who cares, it's just stupid scenes where he is absolutely invincible, like surviving a nuclear explosion oin a damn fridge. Argh. So much potential, such crap. Shia The Beef is pretty decent in it though.

Also Tripod you avatar is awesome, Abbath the most grim and frostbitten cat around.

I find the fridge scene in KOTCS to be rather amusing nowadays, something about it gives me a good chuckle.

I agree... The crystal skull was a stupid movie that could have been great. Too bad. I loved the original IJ was awesome. I'd love to make a film half as good as the original.

I wonder if a fifth one will ever be made now, seeing as Harrison Ford is approaching 71 years old. He can probably do at least one more before having to retire the character permanently.

If Spielberg even considers making a part 5, he deserves one of these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/Animated/suckerpunch.gif

It's been talked about and it seems Ford, Spielberg and Lucas are all interested.

If they can make a whole new trilogy of Star Wars movies that sucked balls, then they can do the same for Indie! Besides, they can't really make it any worse than The Crystal Skull.

I always thought Indy finding the lost city of Atlantis would've been cool, hopefully they'll consider it for the next movie. Visually it would look great.

Jigsaw, did you ever play the video game Fate of Atlantis? It was a cool Indy point and click adventure. They made one for Last Crusade too, lots of fun.

Last edited by PostGhost (2013-04-03 21:17:36)

I've heard of that game but never played it. I always wanted to give it a try, it seems like a cool game.

I also think a more Horror-oriented storyline for the next movie would be cool. I would've loved to have seen the haunted castle storyline which was originally planned for The Last Crusade.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/Animated/raidersmelt_zps99657492.gif

Raylan style-

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9y3boljC61qd3k7e.gif

Last edited by azathoth (2013-04-04 03:50:00)

Temple ov dOOOm is tha best.

"I'm going home to Missouri where they never feed you snakes before ripping your heart out and lowering you into hot pits! This is not my idea of a swell time!"

Steven Spielberg apologised for this movie... It makes me like it even better.

Happy to see Temple Of Doom so far is getting a lot of love here. Most people are quick to bash it but it's always been my personal favorite of the series. It's too bad Spielberg himself practically disowns it and has apologized for it hmm

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2243325/indiana-jones-o.gif

That shot of him from TOD is probably my favorite of him in the series.

On a related note, did anyone watch the Young Indy series back in the 90s? I think I caught a few episodes back then, don't remember the show very well, though.

1, 2, 3, 4.

1. I loved the first one since it was like the old serials, almost like Star Wars brought back the    old sci-fi serial type movies and made sci-fi fun again (and movies in general).

2. was dark and was the movie which ushered in the PG-13 rating.

3. I compare to the Star Wars triology once again:  In Return they brought back all the elements which made the original Star Wars great:  like the Death Star and Jaba's lair, which imo was an extended cantina sequence.   Last brought back the Nazi element from the first one and some of the original characters.    Another parallel from the Star Wars films was the introduction of a character's father.

4. the forth Indiana Jones was OK, up until they had the ridiculous chase scene which ruined the whole movie for me.